How do I bring up prom to my friend that I don't talk to all that often?

I want to go to prom with my friend (as friends and nothing else), but he doesn't go to my school anymore and I don't talk to him all that often. I just want to know how to bring up prom in a way that doesn't make it seem that's the reason why I'm talking to him (even though it kinda really is). I already know how I'd ask him, now I just gotta bring it up.

What Guys Said 1

• Stop over thinking it. Say hi how are you, blah blah blah, I was wondering if you would go to prom, etc.

What Girls Said 2

• I don't see why you'd have to somehow hide that you're talking to him because of prom. Just hit him up over a text, ask him how he has been, explain that you want someone to go to prom with and that it would be a good time for the two of you to catch up.

• It's not that I want to hide it, I just don't to make it seem like that's the only reason I want to talk to him, but thank you that's good advice

• If you really want to talk to him and catch up with him for other reasons than just prom, he'll notice your honesty. Don't sweat it :)

• Just go direct!