How does one go about having hope, without actually having any? And, giving up on someone without actually giving up?

Anybody know how one goes about doing this? I know it's an odd question but any answers I could get to help me figure this out, would great. Thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hope is a wish allowed to grow in your imagination until it almost becomes real. The wish is followed by taking action.
    If I hope to go to Europe this summer, I've taken a thought and made it a wish and follow it with action like 1} save money 2} get a passport 3} arrange to take time off 4) look for air fare deals etc. I may never get to Europe but I maintain hope and I take the necessary action to get me to my goal. As a Christian I ask God to take my wishes and dreams and my paltry efforts and add His blessing and power.
    What are you hoping for? Some hope is unrealistic. "Don't pound a brick wall hoping it will become a door."

These are some quotes referring to hope:

“In a time of destruction, create something.”

“This is where it all begins. Everything starts here, today.”

“Hope can be a powerful force. Maybe there's no actual magic in it, but when you know what you hope for most and hold it like a light within you, you can make things happen, almost like magic.”

“Hope is a waking dream.”

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 9

• fake it till you make it or ignore it. you can hope until your blue in the face. it ain't going to do anything. the point of hope is to give you emotional stability. hope is the cousin of optimism. the idea or wish that everything will end in its optimum state. its nothing but delusion.

its like my father always told me. 'wish in one hand, spit in the other.' thats hope.

reach acceptance that there is no hope and do what you have to do to achieve some degree of contentment. dont 'hope'. work and create.

no idea what you mean by ;giving up on someone without actually giving up.' thats pretty contradictory. now that i reread the question both are contradictory. what do you even mean?

• I just mean, how do you continue to have hope that you'll get a chance with someone you really like and claims they feel the same about you but don't really have hope because they aren't as consistent in showing they are interested in you as they should be.

That's also what the second questions means, as well. How do you give up on someone and realize they are never going to change and put in the same effort you do to show they want a chance with you too but at the sometime not give up because you don't really want to but feel you have to for you're own sanity and emotional peace of mind.

Does that make more sense now? I can explain better if need be.

• From personal experience, the key is to tell yourself in any negative state or situation is,

"this is temporary".

Embodying one's negative state of being at the moment as pernament is the most toxic thing you can do!

That is why so many families stay in a cyclical state of poverty throughout the generations, for example.

• sometimes you get tired of hope, and hope comes in your darkest time sometimes so hope is with you most of the times. and about the giving up part i would say, if someone cares about someone too much and loves them too much and they are a big problem to them and dont listen to them and keeps fighting with them then the preson gives up on them by simply letting them go. so basically they are giving up

• Start by having faith things will get better. Hope will soon follow

• whos he someone first..

• I don't know how I go on, I just do

• Well you really can't be hopeless if you have hope. I mean, why would somebody keep moving forward with something if they didn't have at least some hope that they would find what they were looking for?

• It's a fucked up question since it doesn't have any context

What Girls Said 0