Do you think he played us?

My neighbor had his car on sell for 1,750 dollars, and I met up with him because he's just 5 mins. Away. He let me drive the car around so it was in good condition and I told him I wanted to buy it for 1,000 because it needed some repairs, he suggested 1200 so I agreed, he said I could pick it up on Sunday (which is today) and when I called him he said he forgot to call me because he's been busy that he wasn't selling the car anymore cause he couldn't afford to, and that sounded a little weird because I already told him id pay him 1200, and he said he was going to keep it for his family... so, do you think he changed his mind because I couldn't pay him 1,750 or, what? I don't know how car dealers are so I just thought it was a bit weird how he suddenly changed his mind especially when he put that car on hold for me, and wanted to help me out..

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, he probably changed his mind and wanted what he was asking for it. I KNOW he played you. I don't know who else he played, as it seems to have just been you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Probably somebody talked him out of selling it for 1200, or he found someone who could pay for it more.

What Guys Said 2

• It's possible he found someone who would buy it for the price he wanted. Don't worry it's probably a good thing he did that, you don't wanna make deals with people who are flakey like that. The car could've had more problems than he admitted.

• Yup he did

What Girls Said 0