Why do girls not like being approached nowadays?

I see it in real life and online experiments, and girls seem disinterested and even annoyed by it.

If girls are annoyed then how else are guys supposed to get a girl?

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on how the guy approaches.
    I'm in a relationship, but still have randoms approach me once in a while. The past two times that happened, with two separate guys, they invited me to join them for drinks, then brought up how I workout somewhat often (I was in my gym clothes). That if I come hangout, then could massage my 'sore muscles'.

I'd be an idiot to go along with guys who approach girls like that, single or not.
    i1082.photobucket.com/.../...okgag_zps55df3feb.gif

• Most women our age are narrow minded, and call guys "Creepy" when guys approach them, even when they are single.

• @EnglishArtsteacher
      ... so you say that having any sort of standards and rejecting guys who approach you in the most lewd manner for nothing but sex as 'narrow minded'?

Most Helpful Guy

• Too much of a good thing. Clearly they like it to some extent or they'd never ever be in a relationship ever but some people get approached so much they get tired of it. Unfortunately men are not the mind readers that they demand that we be so we don't know if a woman is one of those that gets approached all the time or never unless we actually go up and talk to them...

Also some men are rude crude and obnoxious. They don't talk with manners and just stare at her chest while speaking to her instead of eye contact like a human being.

What Girls Said 11

• I personally hate it. The thing I hate most is having to reject the guy, especially if he wasn't an asshole.
    Also, some guys are complete dicks about it! "Well, you're an ugly bitch anyways!"
    "You wanna stay single to hoe around" Really? So if I go out with a guy, I'm a hoe, if I reject him, I'm still a hoe. Interesting.
    "Your titties are small, so I don't even care." If my small boobs were such a big issue, why even ask me out in the first place?
    "Fuck you bitch, you don't know a good guy when you see one. Your ass is going to be left a single mom on welfare haha! FUCK YOU" This guy did not take no so well, what a "good" guy huh? Lol

And then there's the guys who ask "why? Do you have a bf? Is it because I'm ugly? WHY DONT YOU WANT ME?"

Ughhh.

Just please, don't ask me out, ever.
    I ask men out, I don't mind it, I prefer it. Because I know I'm not going to freak out on him.

• Because we've have too many experiences of guys doing it the wrong way. Being approached can be nice if you are respectful, creative, and accepting of potential rejection. But i f you make the experience awkward, sexual, or uncomfortable, it can suck to be on the receiving end. Unfortunately, along with that, a lot of us are so jaded from bad approaching experiences that the mere mention of being approached can leave you shuddering.

• Ok so not how a guy should approach but where should a guy approach?

• Very few people like being approached on the street by random people, usually I'm trying to get to work or school on time and guys are trying to demand my attention and then they get mad when I explain that I need to be going. Guys like to think they are more important than what I had planned for the rest of my day and it is really annoying. There is a time and a place to flirt, but when you demand attention from someone who is obviously in a hurry that is rude.

• The street is understandable, but a school related atmosphere is appropriate

• Yeah you just have to use common sense, you see the guys in those "social experiment" videos specifically approaching girls who are trying to study or girls who are rushing to get to class on time so that they can turn around and be like "wow all women suck even though I knew she didn't want to be bothered and decided to bother her anyway! lol"

• It really doesn't matter with our generation. We're not good meeting "face-to-face", thanks to electronic technology.

Most girls our age range are closed-minded prudes.

• As someone who gets approached a lot, a couple of things:

(1) Timing and location. Waiting for the bus, head down reading papers, earphones in? Probably not a good time to approach. A lot of guys don't take context clues and approach women who are busy or otherwise uninterested in social activity at that moment.

(2) A LOT of guys are jackasses about it. A lot of guys get mean or rude if they get turned down. Or they act pushy and don't take no for an answer. This makes a lot of women get jaded about men approaching them.

(3) Odds. If we're talking about a guy we haven't met, the odds in our minds that he's actually compatible with us are pretty low.

By and large, most girls would prefer to be approached by men who they already know in some context and know they share at least some interests with, than be approached by a random guy. If they are going to be approached by a random guy they'd prefer it to be in a social setting, not someplace like out on the street.

• Women our age don't like being approached no matter what, trust me. We're an electronic generation.

• @EnglishArtsteacher I mean I don't typically like being approached cold call by a guy I don't know, asking for a date. Especially not if I'm, say, waiting for the bus. I would much rather already know a little bit about the guy before he comes up and asks me for a date. The odds of some random kid on the street approaching me being someone I want to spend a date with are just so low...

• @EnglishArtsteacher If women are telling you they like to be approached in some contexts, you have no right to tell them they don't?

• Honey. Girls have never liked it.

• Basically it's because there are so many creeps out there

My advice? Don't be creepy and forward. Ask politely if you can sit next to her and by the way a nice genuine smile goes a long way with making someone feel at ease. If she says ok, don't immediately barrage her with questions, just ask a question and develope a conversation around that topic, Ya know? like normal people?

It's what's wrong with guys these days they're all so timid and socially awkward and then they whine when it's such a turn off.

• For some reason, teenage girls in high school are more open minded to guys' approaching them than young adult women.

I think it's because women in my age range are entitled, and have a huge range of men to choose from.

• Whatever, I feel bad for any guy who genuinely likes you, because your trust issues are going to push him/them away

• I trust him, but he's also honest about thinking with dick a lot of times. Just like I'm honest about being a bitch a lot of times. We don't have bullshit expectations of each other to be all perfect with only noble intentions, and it's worked out great so far.

• it wouldn't make much sense for them to not like being approached cuz so many girls complain that guys never approach them? or ask them out? like what?

• That's why I'm surprised. What is going on?

• @tellmefantasies yea I'm too lazy to read all that. TL;DR?

• nah, it's for the @Asker. you can skip. :P

• I like when a guy approach me what annoys me is when I have like when a lot of guys approach me

• I've never been approached before , I'm guessing some girls don't like but i would love if a guy approached me and i didn't have to be the one to make the move first

• Because guys that usually approach me approach me at the most inappropriate times

• I don't have a problem with guys approaching me. If they're being polite and not saying crude or rude things, or following me or some strange thing like that, then it's no issue. They deserve respect and I'll be polite back. That said, I think like 90% of the time I say some version of no, but I don't get upset or annoyed over it.

What Guys Said 7

• I've noticed this since I was a teenager.

I think it's because the media blows things out of proportion. Most young women in our age range think most guys are "Creepy" or "Dangerous" for virtually no reason. Also, thanks to electronic technology, it's not socially acceptable in our generation to meet in person. This is why we struggle so much "face to face."

Ironically, we're not much better online. Even with all of the dating websites, and applications, we still struggle to meet online. Even though many women our age create online dating accounts, social networking accounts, and dating application accounts, many of them still ignore our messages, and think we're "creepy." Yet, many of these same girls wonder why guys "never approach them." It's hypocrisy.

Conclusion: It's generational. I've noticed women 30 years of age, and over tend to be open about males approaching them, where as Millennials are snobby, and closed-minded.

• Quite frankly, I get tired of trying. I feel like I have to keep initiating for something to happen, then no response and when there is one it's some half hearted flippant attempt to shine some hope then it's back to the same thing again. It would certainly be a breath of fresh air, but is it likely to happen,? No probably not... Makes me want to just be still and not do anything...

• It depends on where you are tbh, I'd feel like a weirdo walking up to a girl in the street but at a club I'd be fine

• @EnglishArtsteacher Pft, with those thougths, I think you're exactly the kind of guy girls hate being approached by.

• @JerichoStorm You also have to remember, girls your age are a little more tolerant than women my age. I do feel like many teenage girls are more receptive than young adult women. Why? Because women my age have a HUGE selection of men to choose from, where as girls your age are limited to high school guys between 14, and 18 years old.

• There is no shared social context, so any random guy is always a threat.

• tbh, as a guy you can't afford to care. If you don't approach you'll likely be single for life. So I continue to do it whenever i see an opportunity

• they do but you have to be hot and that's facts. I dont even look at girls my age, I'd much rather date a single woman in her 40'/50's who is mature enough to know there's more than looks

• You have to be hot