Anyone else get a little insecure when you are talking to another person online or texting them and they hardly use emoji's?

I do because when i talk to a person face to face i like to get a general idea on what their mood is. its hard to detect that over the internet or through text, but emoji's can offer that for me.

Probably silly i know but yeah lol. i get like that when emoji's aren't used much :P

Do you?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah kind of but I mean it's no big deal to me really though talking to @justbanannaz for like 2 years has gotten me much more comfortable and use to emoji users then none emoji users lmao.

• ALL HAIL EMOJI POWER RAAHHH😉🌻😳😚😒😉🌬😁🙌🏽🙁🤐😕😪👄👵🏽👂🏽💂🏽👤💂🏽💏👨‍👨‍👧‍👦👩‍❤️‍👩👨‍👨‍👧‍👦💍👠👢🌂👒🕶👕🐺🐸🐗🐼🐽🐗🐷🐊🐓🐅🐓🐄🐇🐟🐇🌵🌻🐉🌾🌵🍁🌰🌒🐚🌝☂💥☂🍎🍠🍮🍟🍡🍔🍰🍕🍩🏄🏽⚽️🚵🛀🏽🎤🎪🚕🏍🚗🚍✈️🎢⛺️🌠🏖🏟🏔💻🏦🕍🏡📻💿⏲📞📺🛡🔫⚱⛏📘📐🗂📁📖💛💜💝❣🕎♍️♌️♈️🈶♉️♒️㊗️㊙️🕎㊙️❎💠❎🚻🛅🆖🌐🆖🔟🔷🔛⬛️🔷🔊🔷🔴🔕⚫️🔴🔕🕘🕢🕖🕘🕦🇧🇬🇦🇺🇦🇼🇧🇬🇦🇲🇧🇩🇰🇾🇧🇦🇨🇫🇧🇯🇮🇨🇩🇯🇪🇺🇭🇷🇫🇰🇭🇹🇬🇮🇬🇷🇭🇳🇯🇴🇮🇩🇳🇿🇲🇶🇱🇹🇳🇦🇸🇴🇵🇱🇸🇧🇸🇪🇹🇰🇪🇭🇪🇭🇻🇳🇻🇳

• @justbanANNAz

See @asker? she understands me lmao.

What Girls Said 18

• No, I don't feel that way. Some people aren't into using them. Some people use too many. Then some use them once in a while. I am adaptable, so it depends on who I am talking to.

http://i.imgur.com/zk3QW16.jpg

• I wouldn't say that I get insecure when the person I'm talking to online or texting doesn't use emojis... but use of them definitely helps add more life to the conversation. A bit of pizazz or whatever, that could, in contexts like that, especially if it's a conversation with someone I don't know in rl, result in getting lost in translation.

I'm very sarcastic, for example. A bit of a dry sense of humour. If I do that in text or messaging with someone who I know only online, they'd never be able to tell that I meant it not seriously (unless I tell them, which is weird in itself). 😑😒 <-- (the 'sarcastic' emojis I usually use)

• Oh. I dont really get insecure if they dont

they may just be a person that does not use many emojis, normally

• Um not really lol

• No emoji there! yup you dislike my guts

*crises alone in the shower sucking my thumb* :'(

• Haha oh toto 🙈

• God yes. Lack of emoji makes me feel like their super stiff and conservative and yeah no.

• Not only emojis but no smileys at all, no lol's, and lots of periods bug me too. I like having fun casual conversations with people, not formal ones😕

• Nah, not necessarily. What can bother me is when I know a person uses emojis typically, but then isn't using them. That kind of gives me the idea that he or she isn't in the best of moods for whatever reason. However, if I know a person rarely uses them to begin with, then it doesn't bug me too much. There are other ways to grasp how they are feeling.

• And how are you feeling? :P

• I'm not on my phone, so they're not as easy to post at times. I can just do the basics at the moment.

• *still cries* :'(

• Lol not insecure, but a little unsure.

• I don't get insecure about that. I would like to see emoji's yes, but that isn't every bodies style. Besides I'd rather they use them on their on free will than to me having to ask/force them too. It's more genuine that way. Sometimes emoji's can help expressing how the person is coming off, often message's have been misread.

• Nah! I assume they aren't into that.

• No idrc about how online people use less emojis 🐙

• There's a bit of stigma attached to emojis because a lot of people think it's immature or annoying, but I get what you're saying, it's definitely hard to get a feel for the conversation with someone you don't know

• Seriously toad, how the hell can you be used to someone spamming emoji's at you? You're older than me and I don't understand why they should be sent majority of the time.

• They annoy you? :p

• See im feeling like you're annoyed right now even though you are not. In real life id get your mood right away. But this is over the Internet and emojis can clue a person in on how they are feeling.

• Well I am now annoyed by this one cunt on gag.

• I personally love emojis! But yea it's makes them look dry and distant

• I get what you mean but no I don t get really insecure.
    anw I ask when I am not sure if I bugging him or not

• I think it's much easier to misunderstand or miss things when our little faces aren't used.

• Nah.

• I get insecure about using more emojis than that person likes but otherwise no.

What Guys Said 20

• Not to toot my own horn astrofengshui.astroalchemy.com/.../...our-horn.jpg but I think I do a pretty good job of conveying tone through just words alone. Emoji's I can take or leave. I usually just do them ironically.

• I don't know how to use anything but :-) and ;-) lol

• I little, if their language is a bit stilted (some people don't type that eloquently) it can be hard to judge their mood.

• Yeah, English dryness doesn't work on the internet. I've learnt to my cost :)

• No I never pay attention at all about the emoji's I go for how the conversation is going

• I try to read people's style you know

• Slightly, seems like the person isn't giving much effort back after I exert it.

• In all honesty I hate the emojis. They are used far too often as a replacement for words, and I've actually stopped texting chicks on more than a few occasions because I'm not interested in reading a wall of hieroglyphs. No thanks I'll spend my time talking to someone that can actually add more than a icon of a smiling turd to the conversation.

• Nope, I just assume they aren't that type of texter. I'll continue using my emoji or text faces regardless.

• Lol you have to learn not all people are the same.

• I never use emotions over text. Texting for me is what your use to say "hey wanna hang out" and when we meet up we talk. I absolutely love face to face talking. The body language and the facial expressions is needed big time.

• I don't use emojis much but I am stuck with this "xD" shit. Almost like muscle memory.

• That person is me

• No I keep the emojis to girls that I'm more comfortable talking to, I feel that when I use emojis it comes of as flirt not that there's anything wrong, I wanna flirt but I take it slow

• It happens to me most of the time *sighs* :(

• Emojis are cool but Na, they're not totally necessary when texting.

• Nope

• Do ya mean yer shittin' yer pants if someone doesn't use any emoticons?

Personally I don't mind but there are certain emoticons I cannot stand... like da one which cries out of joy... or however's it called...

Usually gals use dat more... and everytime I see dat... I just wanna grab a sledgehammer and smash her computer to 1000 pieces...

• Not at all. An absence of emojis is when I truly shine. Emojis take too much of the actual meaning behind the words away. I would rather the person I write to care about what I write than which emoji I thought would fit.

• I do. I also get insecure when I see change in their texting style and frequency of message with respect to length of the message. Of course this only applies to people I know and chat with regularly. I'm very sensitive in that regard.

Anyway none of this affects me while chatting with relatively stranger or a new person.