Are you a homophobic?

What would be your reaction i f you saw a gay couple outside. Respect , applause or dont care or stare at them an angry face or something like that? Would you be friend with a gay? Some people think lesbians are ok for them but gays are nasty and disgusting. What do you think about gays/lesbians/transsexuals at all? Should they socialize to community?

Thanks for answers guys. Its good to see still some people are not homophobic somewhere.

Most Helpful Guy

• my bff of 8years is gay... and i love him all the same... and help him when he has relationship issues but i don't like hearing the details... not really interested in what goes on behind closed doors...
    im not against gay people... they are people too.
    now... for the tranny's... im not opposed, i just get irritated... like..."pick a side"...

• Dont take it as personal but i know most of black people are homophobic. Thats good to hear.

• More about what? I thought I explained it pretty well. it isn't a complex issue. If someone hates a certain type of person, or thinks it is shameful, they aren't going to want other people thinking they are that type of person.

Therefore accusing a person that hates gays as being gay them self, is a way to insult, and publicly shame them in order to silence them. What you end up doing is taking all their insults about gays, and throwing them right back in their face, just by suggesting they must really be insecure about their sexuality.

• @heavensgift2girls maybe they deserving for casting the first stone... you make a good point... but im just giving them a taste of their own medicine.

Most Helpful Girl

• "Should they socialize to community?" What is that question?
    I'm neutral on the subject because I want them to have the same right as straight couples. So I have to go out there to help them get those rights? I would.
    How do I react when I see a gay couple? I don't or at last no different than I would with a straight couple.
    I have some gay friends and some lesbians and they just live their life, it's not different that with the straight ones. Though, it's always educational to hear about sex from a lesbian girl.

• Hey keep calm , i am a bisexual. I wanted to get what people think about gays

What Guys Said 42

• I've had gay and bi friends and lesbian friends. Dudes too. I've been friends with a couple gay guys. I will say that I do not enjoy watching them kiss or... anything else. I want nothing to do with anything sexually gay. I love watching lesbians do anything, though, of course. >.>

Transsexuals make me uncomfortable. There. I said it. Not gonna feel guilty for it. They make me uncomfortable. Not like I hold anything against them. They're just abominations of nature. And I mean that in an entirely loving way. I'm sure they're great people, lots of them. But, it's really confusing to my dick when a banging hot chick shows up and is like "I have a penis" /i. e. "I'm transgender". Seriously. Cognitive penile glans dissonance.

I support LGBT rights. I threw up the Facebook red love flag with everyone else. But. Having gay guys interested in you is severely uncomfortable. I don't even want them to touch me. That's just how I feel about it. And like I said, I've been friends with several gay guys and bi guys and lesbians.

I was totally a homophobe up until the point when I was 14. Raised strictly Baptist Christian, so it was only natural.

If I saw a gay couple outside, I would ignore them. Because I ignore people on the street. I wouldn't applaud. Why should they get applause for getting laid? Where's MY applause? Huh? Tell me *that*. They're just people, and I'd ignore them like any other person.

• I don't care about what people do in their privacy as much as they do not interfere in mine.

I don't applause it and I personally don't think it is beautiful and the most desirable behaviour for human kind, but I respect people and their preferences if they don't harm anyone. Respect and freedom are essencially linked together.

Most gays I know are good, friendly people. Gay men tend to be more sociable and easy going than gay women, who tend to be slightly harsh, but it is my own experience, I guess. Either way, sharing ideas with gay people helps me to understand the World in different and colourful angles through other's eyes - but it is not restricted to gays, as it is truth to all people, I suppose.

Of course I'd be and am friends with good gay people, and of course they should socialize - they're just people, hmmm? But I'm against "gay pride" (and lots of other "prides" out there), because I think "human pride" should be one celebrated instead: to be a good human, with good character, doing the best possible for our species as a whole and our local community.

Transsexuals are more complex, I suppose, as this could be a gender dysphoria condition. Nevertheless, freedom and respect also applies. Some are of stunning beauty, looks considered.

Each one with their own lives, live and let live. Respect to be respected.

I think that what is really nasty and disgusting is to politicize gender questions and try to impose "super-rights" and double standards for minorities over the rest of the Society, artificially creating oppressor x oppressed groups to divide the people in quarreling blocks, following the commandments of the modern cultural marxism and political correctness

So, sweetheart, you tell me, please: am I an homophic? Why?

• I would be a little surprised, just like I am surprised I see anything I am not use to seeing. I am sure some people would call me homophobic for that, but that is the normal reaction any reasonable person has when they encounter something they aren't use to seeing in their daily life. There doesn't need to be any judgment attached to that reaction.

• I don't necessarily have an issue with it. The issue I have is the ones who are militant about it and try to incite conflict.

I was at an amusement park in line for a ride and there was a gay couple in front in the line. They were kissing, touching, carrying on for 20 minutes in line. I would be just as offended if it were two straight people. It's inappropriate.

At times I feel like there is a percentage of gay people who try to make this an issue. I don't grope girls in public that I'm with - why do you insist on groping your gay partner in public? That's my biggest issue with it. Holding hands and being together has no impact on me. Sticking your hands in their back pockets and grinding on them is not appropriate regardless of the genders.

• Term "homophobia" is incorrect in it's core and was hyped by libtards across dumb masses to make it sound like as if disgust for homosexuals is something bad.

"Phobia" stands for "fear", specifically irrational fear; there's a big difference between "disgust" and fear. I mean, if you don't like olives, are you olivophobic?
    Or in a same way when you see poop on the ground; surely you don't flee in terror, but you're quite likely disgusted by it, aren't you?

So term "homosexual-nauseous" would be more precise.

My reaction? Disgust.
    Would I be friends? Extremely unlikely.
    As for transsexuals, they are mentally insane. If you think otherwise, then I assume you should agree that folks in mental asylum that claim to be Napoleon, Elvis or Jesus are actually them as well.

• respect.
    Would you be friend with a gay?
    -- yes and i am

What do you think about gays/lesbians/transsexuals at all? Should they socialize to community?
    -- i think they should live the life they feel comfortable living

• I don't agree with what they do, I mean I have nothing against the people personally but the act itself I find wrong. So I'm not going to applaud or anything but at the same time I'm not going to go out of of my way to be disrespectful or rude to them either. Because it's also a wrong act and it achieves nothing.

• I don't care if people are gay or straight. What matters most is the content of people's character.

• Supposed to be but most of people dont care character

• I agree with you

• Asker (18-24)
      I agree with you.

• I would ignore them.

I would prefer to not be around the LGBT community, because they generally have little in common with me, but I don't care enough to dislike them or like them.

• No way.
    If I saw a gay couple I wouldn't know it , unless they were kissing and I don't care at all.
    Friend with a gay? I suppose some of my friends were but I didn't know it.
    I only knew a lesbian, went to her marriage (she had come to ours).

• 1. Respect , applause or dont care or stare at them an angry face or something like that? I would give a little bit of odd look then go on with my day.
    2. Would you be friend with a gay? sure
    3. Some people think lesbians are ok for them but gays are nasty and disgusting. I think that has something to do with male prison rape as people don't talk about female prison rape. Because society must think girls always innocent or some thing like that.
    4. What do you think about gays/lesbians/transsexuals at all?
    Gays /lesbian I find there life choices pretty odd. However i get along with them. Now there are those annoying gay/lesbians that walk around shoving their sexuality in people face those are the one most conservative that about. As for transgenders after all the transgender politics I'm tired of hearing of them. Bruce Jenner this, bathroom segregation , I'm ready to smack the next person talking about transgenders and lbqt in general.
    4. Should they socialize to community?
    Sure they can. However just know people are starting to get tired of there social causes.

• I've seen gay couples hold hands in the city. At first I thought it was interesting. Then I thought it was cute. I think two guys holding holding hands is especially cute because it's harder for them to overcome fears they may have had.

• Well, for gay couples, as long they aren't doing PDA and shit I'm completely fine with it. As long as they aren't annoying about it. However, trannies, on the other hand, I personally think have a mental illness. I have grown to really dislike them because of the way they treat others and are always offended. Trannies, in my opinion, should not socialize with the community. It's called identity disorder.

• No I'm not Homophobic of all, and people being homophobic is one of the few things that piss me off to high heavens, the others being demeaning any gender identities or sexualities, and also there a few otehr one's but they're irrelevant, and if I saw a gay couple I would have as much reaction as any other couple, even a polyamoruse "couple" (it's in quotes cuz it would be 3 or more people)

• Being gay, sure. Making out / grabbing each others butt or anything on the same level or beyond I would find disgusting though.

• I try to go out of my way to be extra friendly to LGBT folks, because I'm an ally! ❤✌

• I'd do nothing, just treat them like any ordinary human being...

• Disgust. And yes I have a gay friend but he keeps it for himself.

• If its disgusting why you keep being friend of him?

• I'm completely fine with LGBT

I used to be against it, but it promptly ended

I'd date a trans girl

Regarding your update: It's now the UNPOPULAR opinion to be against LGBT. The majority of America supports it

• yes i am scared they will hunt me down and make me look fabulous :o

but really no i know some pretty funny gays guys they are prety cool

• I think everyone different to me should be burned at the stake.
    Jks I've got no problem with gays or lesbians ☺️

• well i live with a gay guy, so it's a good thing i'm not. it would be like an arachnophobe living with a huge spider! ha ha

• No I'm not homophobic at all. Do I agree with the lifestyle and the idea that people are born that way? No. But do I think gay people should be shamed and hurt, also no. I just don't care

• Who cares. They like what they like, it's none of my business. I don't know what the sexuality of most of my friends is anyway, I probably have homosexual friends, but they're friends, not lovers, so again, I really don't see why that would matter.

• I have 3 gay friends

• I'm British.

• Nah gay people tip the best at my job.

• I would not applaud them

I would and am friends with a couple gays and lesbians

• I couldn't care less about gay people, honestly.

• One of my best friends is a lesbian. We keep our friendship alive by not talking politics.

• More from Guys
    12

What Girls Said 22

• I'm just happy to see people in love with each other/ happy and able to be themselves I don't care who they love or how they express themselves if they are not hurting anyone. My younger cousin is a lesbian and her and her girlfriend have such a supportive healthy relationship, and I am so proud that she found such a sweet person to love. My female best friend's older sister is transgender and she is beautiful and intelligent and super funny and brightens the day of anyone she meets. My male best friend is gay and he's the most supportive caring person who's always there to motivate people to work towards their dreams. I honestly couldn't car less about a person's orientation or gender identity all that matters to me is if they are kind.

• when gay guys hug and stuff, I can't help it... it's so cute, I just go "awwww" <3 it's such a cute sentiment.

45.media.tumblr.com/.../...eh4wgu1urko3xo1_500.gif

these guys even turn me on XD

• Seeing as I'm bi, it'd be pretty hypocritical of me to be homophobic. Either way, you shouldn't applaud a same sex couple in the street :P Trans people are fine too, and of course they should socialise.

• I don't applaud anyone for their sexuality. It only encourages people to be all "special snowflake" about every little thing about themselves. I'd ignore them, just as I ignore every other couple I see. Gay or not.

• I don't care at all. They're not hurting me. I just don't want to see any couple, straight or gay, having sex in front of me, haha.

• I had a friend from high school who told me junior year he was gay. I told him that changes nothing about our relationship and that I will always see him as an amazing friend. If I saw a gay couple, I wouldn't think much of it. But if I was in a community that is largely homophobic, and I saw a gay couple I would have respect for them.

• Let people live the way they want. It wouldn't affect me so I'd just keep walking. If I saw any couple being overtly adffectionate (gay or straight) I may cringe a bit and tell them to get a room. Probably more so if they are straight.

• well i wouldn't call myself homophobic because i dont hate gay people but i dont support them either. when i see a gay couple, i dont do anything. i dont care its none of my business. but i would definitely freak out if i was dating a guy and then he told me later on that he is transsexual.

• I AM friends with gay people. If I saw a gay couple I'd continue about my day just as I would if they were a straight couple.

• Absolutely. Whenever I see gays I go hide in a closet, shaking in fear.

• Not even close.
    I have gay people in my family. Also have gay friends. Love them to death.

• I mean gay people are people. They aren't special, so I don't pay attention to them like I don't pay attention to most people. they don't deserve special treatment if that's what your asking. Trans people, I don't treat them differently I just don't support the normalization of gender dysphora. and not liking or supporting the lgbt community isn't phobic. A phobia is a fear, it's just they don't like it which they have the right.

• I don't support what they are doing but I would still treat them nicely and with respect. So if they want to be out together then that's fine and I won't shoot them nasty looks or anything. I'm a Christian and so I treat everybody kindly and I really try not to discriminate :)

• Are you religious?

• Catholic / orthodox?

• Nondenominational :)

• Im not homophobic actually i respect them and na i don't find them disgusting at all. That's not my business to judge them that's their choice not mine id just walk away :) and i don't mind to be their friend too they're humans just like me

• Not about the topic but is that place mykonos in your pp? Or greek island.

• Oh its similiar mykonos -.-

• Haha yea iknow😂🙌🏽

• No, I'm not. The only two family members of mine that I'm close to are gay and I still love them. Have had gay friends and it didn't bother me then either.

• Define homophobic

• Why should I give 2 fucks if someone is gay? It's not my life so why not let them go about their business

• I wouldn't care that's who they r I respect that 😊

• I am not homophobic. However, I don't support. But I have some online friends who are gay/lesbian

• LGBT people are just like everyone else and I'm best freinds with a lesbian.

• Dont care what sexual orientation someone is. I have a few gay/lesbian friends, no trans friends as of yet but that doesn't mean im opposed to have one as a friend...

• I don't support gay marriage but I used to be bullied and felt perpreshered by lesbians and bisexual girls online to be something I don't want to be but I thought gay guys were nice to me

• Are you religious

• once I would pray to god but I prayed to help my dad get better from his cancer and I'm a Christian but I'm not religious or at least not super religious