In your opinion , who is the best martial artist of all time?

0|0
5|17

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 16

• Bruce Lee.

Trained vigorously from a young age.

Developed abnormally fast twitch muscles which made him the fastest and most explosive martial artist.

Unlike many other commercial martial artists (that play acting roles), he actually fought in real fights.

He left a legacy behind that no one could forget.

1|0
    0|0
  • You mean from the ones who are still alive?

Best martial artist of all time would be Bruce Lee, but he is not alive anymore.

Hence from the ones who are still alive, I would Jean Claude Van Damme.

1|0
    0|0
  • Miyamoto Musashi The Sword Saint of Japan

Miyamoto was the first to actually create a style of Kenjutsu known as Niten Ichi-ryū taking the most useful from martial arts and tossing out the useless parts it was a style that incorporated the daisho fully and using both swords simultaneously as well as incorporating hand to hand combat into his sword play one such technique was the body blow a physical attack from the body that hit hard enough to kill an unarmed man instantly. His style allowed him to use his long sword alone either with both hands or single handed which he preferred to use. As well as duel wield his wakizashi and his katana together he could also throw his wakizashi perfectly like a shuriken.

He killed his first man a full fledged samurai when he was just a boy and armed simply with a stick/staff. He lived the mountains were he lived in solitude for years surviving on his skills and will and when he emerged from the forest/mountains he was a honed and dangerous warrior. He then went around Japan fighting the most powerful and renown sword masters. And completely annihilating some sword schools all together.

Miyamoto fought and won around 60 duels every single one to the death and not once did he ever lose a duel. He also fought in 1-2 wars and several battles as well.

Miyamoto was not only a renowned as Japan's strongest martial artist and swordsmen which granted him the title sword saint. But he was also a brilliant tactician and strategist as well as general. And after he obtained perfection in his swordsmanship he decided to end his warrior ways and reflect upon his life as a warrior. And mastered calligraphy, poetry, sculpture and painting, applying his exemplary insight and resourcefulness to these arts.

He also opened up the The heavenly school of two swords or the school of Niten Ichi-ryū. Which to this day stands and is open for students and teaches the art of the sword and the art of killing. For Niten Ichi-ryū was created for nothing more then death.

He also wrote Gorin-No-Sho or the book of five rings his book on martial arts, swordsmanship and philosophy.

And he wrote the

0|1
    0|0
  • Bruce Lee is the all time master, but I like some of the new blood like Donnie Yen! I also like Jason Statham for the americanized type movies.

1|0
    0|0
  • Bruce Lee was way too strong.
    Could have killed anyone with just one punch.
    When injured badly, doctors said he would never walk again but he was again in business after a while.

1|1
    0|0
  • Me obviously!

Dunno about best martial artist, but going through a Hung Gar binge at the moment! The end of this form cracks me up!

https://youtu.be/-VQW55fdJxA?t=3m2s

0|0
    0|0
  • Bruce Lee. Every current martial artist will say they were influenced by him.

1|1
    0|0
  • Jackie Chan. Martial Artist, stuntman, actor, comedian. This man is a living legend and a natural talent.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7SFu8YRhs8

1|0
    0|0
  • Jet lee the one

1|1
    0|0
  • Anyone not naming a current UFC champion is living in dilusion of what martial arts is. I'll go with Jony Bones.

0|0
    0|0
  • Either Jackie Chan or Bruce Lee.

0|1
    0|0
  • Kareem Abdul Jabar

0|0
    0|0
  • GSP B|

0|0
    0|0
  • Yim Wing Chun, no man could ever defeat her. http://www.earleswingchun.com/Yim-Wing-Tjun.jpg

1|0
    0|0
    • Happy to see someone knows their stuff!! I haven't met much people who knows the history of Wing Chun!

• @Adadah Great, greetings from Croatia to my fellow Wing Chun practitioners in Canada

• Alway nice to meet someone who also practices Wing Chun! I've graduated a long time ago haven't kept up with it though.

• Chuck Norris for several reasons (:

0|0
    0|0
    • Chuck Norris is a joke.

• Show All
    • See what i mean?

what a joke.

• @QooLipBite He probably could honestly

What Girls Said 4

• bruce lee

1|1
    0|0
  • 0|2
    0|0
  • Jackie chan of course! Not just a highly martial artist, he is an incredible parkour artist and stuntman, plus he does a lot of charity and outreach work so that makes him that much more awesome. He's definitely in my top 5 people list.

0|0
    0|0
  • The Dragon = Bruce Lee.

1|1
    0|0