What do Greek Gods and Goddesses have in common with celebrities?

In class, we're learning about Greek mythology.
A question popped up in my mind and it kept bugging me for the entire day.
I asked my fellow classmates and they were clueless.
Anyone have an opinion they would like to share?

Most Helpful Guy

• They are self important, narcissistic beings who are hypocrites because they freely judge others for things they themselves to casually and without guilt, and though they MAY stay part of the pop culture forever, once people get sick of them and stop giving them attention, they fade away.

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to read a bunch of greek mythology books like Percy Jackson, lmao

So Greek God (desse) s and celebs are both really attractive and make others feel less confident with how they look, for example, Barbie and Aphrodite. They both have almost impossible beauty standards to achieve.
    Both Greek God (desse) s and celebs also are worshiped in a specific time (if that makes sense) of the year, for example, Persephone is praised in the springtime because she is the goddess of springtime, and the Terry Fox Annual Run is held at thousands of schools each year somewhere in September.

• You really like greek mythology lol and thanks this helped a lot

What Guys Said 5

• they're horny and fuck cows and shit

• This made my day lmao

• Yeah I'm in 7th currently except our textbooks get so many things wrong. Your sense of humor is quite amusing at the least.

• @bat0209 that's a damn shame. you should be writing them! hell, you taught me something! anyways, thanks. if i can make anyone laugh, i know i'm doing a good job!

• Hot guys are jacked and resemble Greek gods
    But not like the David michelango statue, never knew why he gave him a micropenis like Wtf? Lol

• Well a lot of celebrities wear Nike, and Nike is the greek goddess of victory.

• Effron pretty much have Greek god insertions so there's that OP, js

• they're known by many and respected

What Girls Said 5

• They're mostly incredibly arrogant megalomaniacs. As the majority of celebrities gain fame they forget any sort of humble beginnings and spend their money on golden apples or something (reference to the golden apple tree guarded by the Hesperides).

• hoeness

• Nothing?

• Arrogance?

• They are both used in the entertainment industry