What do you want to happen with your body when you die?

"GENEVA, SWITZERLAND—World Health Organization officials expressed disappointment Monday at the group's finding that, despite the enormous efforts of doctors, rescue workers and other medical professionals worldwide, the global death rate remains constant at 100 percent.

Death, a metabolic affliction causing total shutdown of all life functions, has long been considered humanity's number one health concern. Responsible for 100 percent of all recorded fatalities worldwide, the condition has no cure." - The Onion http://www.theonion.com/article/world-death-rate-holding-steady-at-100-percent-1670

Ok so yeah that's a funny article, but the question is real. We're all going to die. What would be your preference for what happens to your body?

I have always said I wanted to be cremated. But lately I've been considering donating my entire body to science. I'm a huge proponent of education and science and learning. What greater gift can I give than myself, to education and science.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, this is what you don't want to look like when you die... Let's cut him open and see what decades of eating like crap will do to the body!"

Most Helpful Girl

• I want to be cremated. But I've thought about another thing, once I saw on TV that there's a museum where they use dead people's bodies and display them.
    But it's not in morbid way, it's for educational purposes.
    So, if I can't be cremated, I would like to "donate" my body to this museum.

Most Helpful Guy

• i'd like to find another old Asian man who looks like me and willing to time his death with mine, then when we die.. we're going to have an "open casket" viewing and i want the bodies switched to see if the families can tell the difference.

@theccanyon

What Girls Said 8

• Donate organs for other people to use it. Then I'm not sure, maybe donate everything to science or cremation with the idea a tree can grow from ashes. I read that once somewhere and it sounds pretty cool.
    For me I don't really care what happens to my body because I'll be dead, but maybe my relatives won't like it if I donated everything to science.

• Throw me in the trash!

• buried is just fine.

• I want them to shoot me into space, in a capsule on my way to my home planet 😌

• BURN! I don't want my corps rotting in some ground. That's just wasting space in the earth and kind of a sad thought.

• Just buried in da damn dirt

• cremation

• Don't really care. I'm dead what's it to me? Lol 😀

What Guys Said 15

• Cremation. It is cheaper by far than the traditional burial. It costs a fortune to be born. It's even more costly to live your life. Why then should it cost so much to be put away in your final resting place.

• don't really care. cremation is the cheapest so i think that is what i'd prefer. grave sites, grave site funeral services, and coffins are expensive and i don't want much of a financial burden on my family after i die

• Becoming a tree sounds like a cool thing to me https://urnabios.com/urn/
    Or just have my ashes spread out someplace that has some significance to me personally

• Yeah I am with you - You are dead, you don't need it anymore, let the scientists have it, it might do some good of course after doing the organ donations.

• My main concern with this is... What does my family want? I'm dead I couldn't care less. Is it going to cause my family any undo distress?

• I think if you broach the subject early and make it known what your wishes are that way you can ascertain your family's feelings not surprise them after your death. Okay if it is very distressing to members of your family abandon your plan but if they have make peace with it, it will be easier for them. Let them arrange a full funeral/memorial service just without a body. I am just going by when my father died, we had the body in the house for a few days, his body was just a symbol/focus point of the rituals but it could have been a picture/shrine, what was important to me was his spirit/essence that was all around us, not just that focal point.

• Well i can definitely say i dont want to be buried in a grave. I would either donate to science or get cremated.

• I'm moving on to perfect eternity, so do as you will with my "shell".

• Throw me into Erta Ale. So I can explode out in an eruption as the human torch.

• Buried in my family plot.

• Take out the organs that could help others, burn the rest.

• I want to get buried

I experience it is a nice thing to the grave yard to visit my dad and I can imagine it will be the same for my fmaily when I die

• organs donated , then cremated

• I want mine to be donated to science.

• I just want a really good death erection.

• cremation!!! i don't wanna be buried and then come back to life and be stuck in a coffin 6ft under ground

• Just dumped or maybe made into dog food if it's not too toxic.