Do you judge people by the looks?

Such as the title

Most Helpful Girl

• No because as people get older looks naturally diminish but your personality is there no matter what. So personally I don't care how they look if their personality is awesome then who cares about looks because the prettiest person in the world could be a d bag but for all you know the "nasty" kid could be the nicest person you ever meet

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 29

• Nope! As I got older I realized prejudging people only made me closeclosed minded and ignorant of people's difference's. The prettiest people do the ugliest thing's. Until I get to know a woman/man's character I speak or think no negativity. Even if they may look suspicious in most eye's. Of all the thing's to worry about in life, focusing in on who look's like a thief, a mama's boy, a plastic barbie or has a boogar on their nose and etc is not my problem to tackle. Yes people judge, but how far do they take it is a better question. Would you go out of your way... to assist a rich good looking man out with his tire, being stuck on the road that is?(but in actually is a pedophile, woman beater and war monger) But then you trun around and disrespect an immigrant mother who became a stripper to feed her kid's? Look's are deceiving af! I greet the janitor the same way I greet the CEO, baby. I try not to judge just by appearances that's all I'm saying. People who judge like that... ha well misery enjoys company.

• I agree with this. I make judgements, I'm not judgmental, that's just prejudice. I think everyone has something important to offer the world, conversation, relationships, etc. I was judged recently based on someone's hyper vigilance and perhaps low self esteem, it happens and don't hold it against them at all, I'm a bigger person than that, wish they were too.

• It depends.

If they look disheveled, dirty, have bloodshot eyes then a girl might judge you.

If they just have an alternative style, not so much.

• What do you think about me them? I want you to judge me by the looks for once.

• Nah I'm a dork. Lol.

• Well at least to me not a dork at all, from your appearance

• Sometimes.

• It's human nature to judge. I try not to treat anyone differently based on how they look, though.

• Yes. It's not always bad judgements though. It's only initial and after that, I judge your character as well.

• sure. initially.

• we all do..

• Ya, we all do. Practical answer. Nice

• Yes it's not a good photo, the blurr because my room too dark , that's why not very clear.
      But all you said about me is ture, how did you know that? Well I'm not too shy with people, but I do stay alone most of the time, and avoids conversation with people, i'm glad you can see that from my appearance.

• Because we're visual beings and that's how we're trained... that's why appearance matters

• sometimes

• Yes. Someone's appearance tells you a lot about a person's habits and personality. Appearance also plays a big role in first impressions.

• What can you read from my appearance? Do you think I am a good person to you?

• It's just the impression you give. Since I don't know you, I wouldn't know.

• Yes you're right, I am a nice and with a good temper ! Following me and talk to me, I'd like be your friend !

• Everyone does, it's unavoidable. Doesn't mean that your first judgement has to affect how you treat them.

• Oh well, if you don't even like them from the looks, how can you treat them nicely?

• ... Just don't be an asshole? It's not that hard.

• Sure I won't be an asshole, and no one meant to be an asshole, but people can actingl like an asshole sometimes, I am a nice person just like you tho lol !

• Nope I try my best not to judge

• Yes I do. I'm bad for it.

• Yes, of corse I do.

• Despite what we say, we all judge by the appearance. It's just a judgement though, doesn't mean it's the truth, but the way present ourselves in society can be very representative of who we are.

• I am always judged my my looks

• Everybody who says they don't is a liar.
    We all judge each other based on looks if subconscious or knowingly, we all do.

• Yep.

• We can't say NO ! Because the first thing you notice in a person is obviously the look '' u can'y read what's in their mind " ...

• Sometimes. Yeah I know you shouldn't, but it's hard not to.

• no i don't

• yeah, how a person looks/carries themselves can say a lot about how they are as humans. i modify my pre judgement as soon as i get to know them and if i'm proved wrong, so be it.

• Not physicality. But a lot can be made out from body language.

• I try not to

• Absolutely, its my first immediate point of reference.

• O yea slsometimes

• No I don't

• Did you used to be star_lord?

• Yes, I do, sometimes. Especially when they have a lot of tattoos.

• I try not to...

What Guys Said 23

• Nope
    It's usually wrong anyway

• Yes. This is a natural thing to do.

• Of course. 1st impression is critical for a lot of meetings. From how you dress to how you speak, all of those give the 1st look impression.

If you dress like a street bum on an important court date for the custody of your child then you will pretty much leave a bad impression to the judge.

• It's really the first thing we naturally judge by. I think. What we think about the person can change significantly after we find other ways to judge him/her.

• I prefer they be judged by their stool sample.

• Everyone, initially judges people by looks as it's the first thing you notice about a person. Treating them differently based on your assumption is wrong and the cause of most of the hate in the world.

Like I can get a vibe from meet a person and keep that expectation in the back of my mind. Doing so, can save me time and pain from trusting the wrong person.

• everyone does

• not in general no. e. g. i will still be friends with and go for drinks with some guy that I thought was ugly. or a girl - I will still have a nice conversation with an ugly girl. only for sex, relationships, etc. do I get more shallow but so does everyone else so no, I don't feel guilty.

• I really don't

• Immediately? Yes, i build a preconception. But i will give anyone a chance to change that if it's a negative one.

• no , that would be pretty dumb.

• We all judge the appearance of something or someone. Whether human, other animals, inanimate objects etc. Looks gets our attention first. Sure I do but I don't jump into the conclusion from the looks alone or that fast.

• I'd like to say I don't, and I would hate to say I take part in prejudice.
    Unfortunately I probably subconsciously do.

• Yes, I do

• only the ones that look really deformed

• it definitely makes a first impression... but I don't judge people solely on looks

• Nope 💁

• At first sight sure.

• Subconsciously we all do.

• Yepp

• Yeah, a lot of the time. Ain't nothing wrong with that.

• I stopped judging people from their look after getting to know my girlfriend, she was the main talk of people in high school who thought she is a slut because of the way she dress (tight jeans.. etc, they are dumb). I almost believed that until i got to know her she was way different from what people described her (she is so sweet and nice person, although it took me a lot to make her show her emotional side but it was totally worth it.)

• All the time