Why doesn't the UPS ever knock hard on the door?

Like I seriously wait and wait and than no knocking! It sucks ): And Now I have to walk all the way downtown to get my stuff. I hate this.

I got my stuff so pretty!

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I hate UPS. They always say they knock and they don't. I was sitting in my living room waiting for them and nobody knocked at all. I opened the door for my mom and the note was on the door.

What Guys Said 18

• In order to keep the shipping costs down, they have to be very efficient delivering those packages. They don't have time to wait 5 minutes for you to come to the door - literally. They're just too busy. So either sign a waiver so they can drop packages at the door or leave instructions taped to the door.

• The really don't knock loud if at all. I have sat near the door, as they come up, and barely heard a single light tap before they ran back to their truck. I have even seen them walk up through my window walk toward my door, and they are already running back to their truck and I never heard a single knock.

Luckily they normally just leave my stuff on the porch though. I had to call and demand everything just be left on the porch because I was missing nearly every package that arrived.

I guess UPS must have some crazy strict time constraints on their drivers, so they can't afford to spend more than a second at the door.

• If you know they're coming leave a note on your door telling them to knock loudly

• It makes their job easier if you don't respond.

• They spend their life alone, in a van, delivering parcels.
    Knocking quietly, then seeing the receiver come running after them is the only fun they can have

• What kind of UPS is that?
    In here the couriers call you on your cell phone to make sure you will be home and will call you again when they arrive so you can grab your package outside.

Sounds more like some ass had a bad day and just wrote your package off as not delivered right off the bat because they couldn't be bothered.
    That is what the regular postal service does here often times.

• They don't do that here. They seriously either leave the box outside your door or put in your P. O. box (if you have one, and if it fits). They don't knock. I've left my house a few times to find a package sitting there. Nothing needed to be signed, nobody called to say it was there, and there were no knocks. They truly can't be bothered to deliver packages safely.
      Once we had a TV delivered, and the screen and box was beat up. We had to return it.

• @DarkIndividual yup now I have to wait two days! ):

• They are in a constant rush and sometimes just write the sticker and go if they are pressed for time, they do about 140 packages a day

• I just have it sent to my job if it needs to be signed for or they can't leave it for some reason

• They do but not a lot but they do.. At times you yourself have to make that happen

• I literally waited and I mean waited all day! And nothing! And I was by the door and they never even knocked! ugh!

• No please dont think that way your a very special person

• @apple24 It made me sad to hear that you think that way about your future. By what I can tell you seem like a nice person. I hope things work out for you.

• Their too lazy to exert the extra energy, the UPS drivers near literally park in the middle of the road cause their afraid to walk an extra two steps.

• They've done that to me quite a few times too, I was also home waiting. My grandma knocks harder than they do.

• Like Mr. Oracle said. Leave a note on the door or sleep on the porch.

• Because they don't want you to think they're a rape van.

• They spend a lot on Industrial Engineering every moment of each stop to be the most efficient. Those 10-seconds it takes for the drive to wait for you to come to the door he's already in the truck and headed to his next stop. Toss it and run.

• I know what you mean. So annoying.

• Like the police?

• I don't know, I usually sit in my family room right near the door when I know they are coming

• You don't have a bell or something like that?

• Sometimes they do, it depends on the driver.

What Girls Said 5

• Maybe they're afraid someone crazy might be behind the door. If I were a driver, I'd knock really fast and run to my car so I can drive off when someone comes to the door, just in case they're insane. xD

33.media.tumblr.com/.../...e_mhxt7mucGM1qz4rgp.png

• 1|1
  • Just leave em a note. That's what I do. You can authorize them to drop the package - if you're at home, you don't have to worry so much about it being grabbed before you can get it.

• seriously! or they ring the bell once then quickly leave before you even notice. ugh!

• They are busy and knocking hard would waste time.