Who else thinks that GAG should bring back the dislike button?

I mean, come on people. If you get that upset just because someone didn't agree with you, then you *seriously* need to grow thicker skin. Would you honestly get that upset if you said something in real life and the person next to you said "I disagree."?

I also forgot to mention that there's the issue of "Oh my gosh, fifty people liked my comment! I must be awesome!" "yeah, but five hundred people disliked it."
People, if you're going to disagree with me, please give arguments why.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope. I down vote this question 👎

• Because it's abused just like the anonymous feature is. The cons outweigh the limited pros. You can thank trolls for that. ✌

• Late or not man. You were getting frustrated with people disagreeing with you and giving you no explanation for their disagreement.

Which is exactly what the down vote feature that you claim to want back is. You can't have it both ways. Still room on the other team bro. 🙋

• well I guess my point is that we got rid of it for the wrong reasons. I also still think that having one button without the other is the worst situation of all and the one that makes the least sense.

Most Helpful Guy

• I see it's merits but you're going to get a lot less answers to questions for fear of being downvoted. Which means less people will bother asking and site traffic decreases as a result.

If it is brought back (I wasn't here when it existed) then I suggest anons shouldn't be able to use it and that it should show who likes and dislikes, so people can stand by their choice. For example when you mouse over, the liked usernames show up in blue and the dislikes in red.

What Girls Said 18

• How's about a delete button? Screw the Down Vote, they can disagree in the comment section. It's wide open.

• oh here we go. get over it lol. if u wanna disagree with someone, grow some balls and say it to them, or just ignore the opinion altogether.

• so basically i agree with u lol.
      THERE IS NO DOWN VOTE BUTTON IN REAL LIFE PEOPLE!

• @Red_Arrow

But if people can show their dislike by commenting, then why is a like button needed since one can show like by commenting?

• @Psi_Unknown Because people are lazy. Also, It allows non-anons to anonymously register their like. Which is why they should also be able to anonymously register their dislike.

• I never used it anyway. So it wouldn't matter either way to me.

• NO! I don't want it.

• It's coming back. When? Who knows, but it is.

• I would love that button. I'd rather just press the button than take all the time to explain why I hate what someone has said

• I never really used it, so it doesn't bother me that it's gone.

• It's not that I'm upset that people disagree with me, I just want people to explain why they disagree with me. If you've got a problem with something I'm saying then tell me what the problem is. People need to stop being so passive aggressive.

• Up vote 👍

• *gives reason why, I didn't mean to put gives good reasons why

• I agree. I guess that it would be best to get rid of the like button as well so that people would actually talk to eachother, but it would still be better than the current situation to bring back the dislike button.

• Nah, I'm fine without it.

• Get
    Over
    It
    !!!

• I TOTALLY agree with you that they should bring the dislike button back

• Dislike and delete button <3

• Agreed, even though most gag people do tend to abuse that button.

• There was a dislike button?
    Oh how convenient it would be to have it again...

• If they do then I'm going to be logging in less often.

• You don't need to do that. I can't imagine many people disliking what you say. You seem to get along with everyone.

• @Red_Arrow thank you for saying that :) i truly do wonder if i would get dislikes! hahah, i try to get along with everyone. But i am not popular with a few people here :P

• I agree. I think taking away the disagree button was good for all the whiny little bitches around here, but it took away the ability to express yourself in a more negative way.

• I don't care either way
    The way I see it is gag is going to do what they want anyways

• I agree

What Guys Said 13

• I don't remember them having that. lol

• Well I guess you joined a little late then.

• huh? I joined in 2013 or 14 and they had them then.

• That's why I said I didn't remember them being there, then maybe it wasn't used by me or them. I try to keep with the whole freedom of speech thing unless it's hurting someone.

• DONT BRING BACK THE DOWNVOTE

• Well ya know in "real life" people actually tell you why they disagree with you. You talk it up defending your side of the argument, you may agree to disagree but at least there was dialogue. In this case I link the dislike option to a person that doesn't like you for no good reason in "real life".

• I would LOVE to have that back instead of having to explain to someone why the answer they just put is so incredibly stupid

And I want the dislike for me, too. So when I get about six million dislikes I know I've said something right

• Everyone keeps talking about it but nothing is moving forward.

• I generally try to not mark things as negative or dislike, but I have seen posts that seem so off-base, I almost have to mark them down, usually not in a hateful kind of way, just an I-think-your-idea, logic,-reason,-or-points-are-terrible kind of way.

• I tend to dislike the like/dislike system because it becomes a popularity contest of who has more votes, totally invalidating other people points of view if they happen to be against the status quo on a certain issue.. I've seen this far too many times on other forums, and it's not productive.

• That's what I think as well. I mean, I never really used the feature that much, but I did like receiving them, haha. 😁

• I was not on the site when they had the dislike button. That are many people that I disagree with. However, I just ignore them.

• No, i'm glad it's gone. GAG is a lot better without it.

• Yeah I like making people mad without arguing

• I think gag should ban my ip address that way im unable to acces this site

• I don't care either way, to be honest.