Do you consider the personification of death to be female or male?

• Male.
  • Female.
  • No gender.
  • Other.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Why does the personification of something need a gender?

What Girls Said 12

• From my watching of supernatural, death is not a person, but rather a body inhabited by a demon like spirit with a ring that gives it its power to kill. Reapers are not death. They are what help you cross over. The reapers are a pale, white man, with white hair and almost no colour to their eyes. Their body can change, depending on the surroundings, but they mostly stay the same. Death is quite similar, except (if I remember right) he his blind. He stays in the same body while he is on earth. Death can be seen to any person on the street, as he has taken over a human body. Reapers on the other hand, are only visible to the eyes of the dying.

To me, this is the most believable. Mostly because a big figure in a black hooded robe with some staff thingy, is just creepy, and quite unrealistic. The way supernatural portrays the reapers and death, seem more real, because every spirit was a human once. Some just decide to become dicks, and haunt anyone that is in their way. All except death. Death was in the bible, so he is a god. In a way.

Long story short, supernatural is the best way to learn about the "supernatural" stuff... Haha get it? No? Okay 😂 I tried. 😂

• Azrael, the angel of death

• Death, the personified version, is neither gender, yet both.
    Death [in my belief] can be seen as female, male, an animal, a reaper.
    They can be wearing a beautiful dress one day, the next be in a tux.
    The personification of death is to help understand the concept, such as the personification of Night (Goddess Nyx) or Death (Hades-depending on religion).

• No gender.

• If I had to personify death I would do it with a male character and faith, karma and life would be female. As they say karma is a bitch.

• I have always considered Male but I guess its a spirit and doesn't have a gender.

• It's just a skeleton wearing a black robe lol how would anyone be able to apply a gender to that?

• By peeking at Death's shoes under that robe, of course! :P

• I think of it as female. Same gender gives and takes life.

• Maybe it's both...

• reapers are usually depicted as men

• no gender cause we both die

• The personification of dead

What Guys Said 7

• I always assumed he looked like Brad Pitt.

www.pastposters.com/.../...eBlack%28teaser%291.jpg

"Meet Joe Black... sooner or later, everyone does." xD

• Male.
    The female brings us to life.
    The male brings us to death.
    Balance.

• What an intriguing question! I have generally considered the personification of death to be male. However, I have seen quite a few females who would, in my opinion, personify death nicely! (And I don't just mean in a I'm-going-to-cut-you-up-into-pieces-kind-of way!)

• If you had read the diskworld series, you'd know he was male.

• Death does not have a gender. That can be either off really, the idea of gender is something we establish as humans in our own attempt to understand the supernatural.

• I do not consider the personification of death to be at all.

• In some mythologies it's male, in some other it's a female, however, in some myths it's both genders, or even genderless.