Camaro vs Charger vs Mustang. Please help?

Ok so I'm in the market for a nice sporty car, the problem is, I don't know shit about cars. However, I do know that I want one of these 3. Can somebody who has even the slightest clue please give me opinions, pros/ cons, and anything else that you think will help me make a decision? Thanks in advance!

Most Helpful Girl

• New camero ss has more power than the mustang gt
    The hellcat has more power than the camero ss
    Assuming you're getting the high performance of each model

I personally love the Mustangs and think the gt is fab, the clutch is grabby but it's a smooth ride, fav superior to the older models

My neighbor has an srt8
    She loves it. However it's such a popular car in my area I wouldn't want it to be one of the pack. A dogs seems to make cars with the worst blind spots in my opinion

The camero is essentially a 2 person car in my book, as far as 2 door coupes go it's got the smallest back seat. So if you plan on having a family within 5 years (i. e. Before you pay off the car) it'll be a waste
    the plus side is you can find 1 year old cameras or late models for super cheap

Most Helpful Guy

• I got'cha man. I'm a pretty big car guy, so let me tell you my honest opinion. The Chevy vs. Ford vs. Mopar depate is all idiotic. I've worked on tons of each of those cars snd They're all really similar. They're all three great companies producing great vehicles, and there's not a whole lot that one company has that the other three don't. You really can't go wrong with any if those choices. I'm going to skip over their individual weights and power/torque outputs since I'm assumjng that doesn't matter to you if you know nothing about cars. The real issue comes in at whether you buy it used or not. If it's a used, older car, say a 2002 mustang, my adivise is to buy one of the performance models, like the GT or better. People who bought the base model got the V6 engine, and drove those poor motors into the GROUND. They treated them terribly. However, the GT, cobra, and bullit models had the Bigger V8 engine, and a lot more people treated them right. The same is true with the others, except they stopped making Cameros and Challengers a while back (5 different Camero generations were produced from '67-'02, and the challenger started out as the silver challenger in '58-'59, then moved to Generation 1 in '70-'74, then Gen. 2 '78-'83) and were recently just brought back. If you get an older car, they're much more simple to work on and there is a boatload of knowledge on how to work on those cars. But regardless of what you get, just be sure it's the one you like the most, not the one other people have told you to like the most. Hope that helps any!!

What Girls Said 6

• Depends..
    How much you want to spend?
    Do you want it to just look nice with barely no performance (speed) or look meh with the performance?

• I care about the looks, but I like a badass engine too. And I can pay 30-35k

• I would pick a mustang. Mustangs are a tad smaller (in size) then a dodge. I wouldn't pick a camaro because camaro's are meh in performance. Camaro only has the looks and name, because it was featured in transformers. The Mustang is a nibble car which has both performance and looks. Which will help you move swiftly then a big massive tank (dodge)

• Thank you, I appreciate it.

• My brother has a camaro it's nice if you can drive one bc you sit low and it has a lot of blind spots. Chargers are kind of uncomfortable for me them and BMWs I hate to sit in for long car rides. Mustangs are nice never been in one though.

• as long as it drives!

• You know what my opinion is. I told you last night I <3 the dodge challenger hellcat. But I also really like the mustang. Why don't you see for yourself which packs more power by taking each one for a test drive.

• Are we talking classic or new?

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 17

• Camaro or Charger. The Camaro looks badass, the Charger can be a sleeper if you want it to be but also looks intimidating and the Mustang... I wouldn't.

There's tons of face-offs about this, except they all feature the Challenger instead of the Charger. I suppose it's because the Charger is seen as more of an everyday car.

• What year range?

• We're talking '14 and up

• I own a 2010 Camaro SS, yellow with the same stripes as Bumble Bee from Transformers. I still get thumbs up and little kids waving to me all the time. The car is totally awesome. I am a Chevy guy and this is a great car in general. Charger or Challenger? Don't like the style and sucky power of the Challenger. I have never liked Dodge, but I do love the look of the Chargers and the SRT8 are bad ass! Mustangs are complete garbage "me too" cars!!!

• You know what, you're not the first person to talk like that about a mustang, lmao. I wonder what it is about those cars. And congrats on your camaro, sounds like a sexy car considering my favorite color is yellow.

• Out of all the stang has the best repair record. Camro is nicest looking. But it lays upon you to be the one to drive it.

• Get the Mustang not the v6 ofcourse lmao
    The charger would be my second choice

Camaros are shit

Anyway neither compares to my 1200 horsepower monstrosity twin turbo supra tbh

http://i64.tinypic.com/wi7wop.png

• You could have one hell of a Mustang for what it takes to keep a Supra alive at 1200hp

• Dodge Challenger all day every day over those cars you Mentioned

• The Charger and Challenger have 707 horsepower engine, if that matters.

• Personally, I'd go with the Mustang. But I'm a life long Ford owner.

• Will kill you. Will kill you. Will definitely kill you. Also if you know shit about cars and just go by "I want this because I like how this looks" what logic does that make?

For example I would not mind driving 2016 Edge Sport with its nifty 2.7 V6 Turbocharged EcoBoost engine with AWD. Nor would I mind driving 2016 Dodge Charger R/T Scan Pack, with that nice 6.4L V8 Hemi.

I don't know dude, if you don't know much shit about cars its kind of a waste to jump on things you want instead of looking at something that will actually work for you, offer fair performance and can be fun.

• Charger- Great engines, good cargo room. Only option for more than two people to be comfortable.
    Heavy pigs though, poor handling and slower than they the engines should make them. Lots of electrical issues.

Camaro- Poor build quality, cheap materials. Pretty fast, decent handling- much better than Chargers. Ugly if you ask me. Has four seats, but realistically a two seater

Mustang- As fast as Camaro or faster, better build quality than the other two. Much better aftermarket support. Same as Camaro for seating. Arguably the most reliable. Best looking in my opinion.

I'm kinda biased towards Mustangs, but I know plenty of people with these three cars, and this is what I've heard from them.

• Charger is best daily driver, and most useful. However, once you bring performance, power, and handling into the mix, the answer can vary quite a bit depending on the specific model, year, and trim.

What's your budget?

• The budget isn't an issue. I'm looking for the best car no older than '14 or '15

• personally i like the mustang gt350 just because I love high revving engines

• go for charger. its awesome.

• I'd go with Mustang

• Chargers are bigger while Camaro are faster. Mustangs are as faster. I think all three are more muscle cars than sports cars. However, none can beat a Viper or a Corvette.

• Corvette

• American sports cars have a knack for lookin dated in 5 years.

• Most anything made since the 80s is like this in my opinion.

• Is money an Issue

• If its not go for a classic mustang one from the late sixties

• No, just no, these cars peaked stylistically in the late sixties and early seventies.

• Definetly not a fan of those years