Girls, Would you be insulted to be told you look like Meghan Trainor?

A student at my school remarked to a younger colleague of mine that she looked like Meghan Trainor (and she DOES in fact look like Meghan Trainor, who to me is rather pretty). I recognized that the comment did not sit well with my colleague. I think she has a rather low body image. Any rate, to her credit, my colleague smiled and had an awesome comeback. Nevertheless I could tell she initially didn't like the remark.

22

Most Helpful Girl

• It's because Meghan Trainor is viewed as fat (despite being barely larger than average, I think). You wouldn't want someone to say "you look fat," and would probably take it as an insult. She must have been looking for it to be an insult or expecting to to be at first but decided that it wasn't.

What Girls Said 21

• I wouldn't be insulted if someone told me, I LOOK like her but I would be insulted if someone said I ACT like her. Considering she is an awful person who skinny shames women and makes a song for degrading men.

• Meghan Trainor is honestly GORGEOUS. I don't think your colleuge should be offended or have a low body image. Even though Meghan Trainor is overweight, the weight is distributed nicely and she doesn't really look overweight. I would be very happy if someone told me I look like Meghan Trainor.

• All the right junk in all the right places?

I believe my colleague heard,"You're fat" when the remark was made.

• I agree. The person who made the remark is 9 years old. I believe she meant it as a compliment.

• 9 years old? well yeah she probably looks up to meghan trainor or something

• I don't find her attractive physically and neither her personality.
    She reminds me of not sure, something creepy. I know a saw a scary movie as a child with the creepy thing that resembled her. I can't recall what.

And she skinny shames and apparently doesn't think highly of men.

• Personally I think she has an attractive face. Different strokes I suppose. I recall your opinion about her video and how she skinny shames. What makes you think she degrades men?

• Yes, because I definitely don't look like Meghan Trainor. To start with, I'm not blonde and am a good 2-4" taller.

• Suppose you were blonde a good 2-4" shorter?

• As I think she's annoying, I would still be displeased. She's not unattractive, but she irks me. She's an irksome person.

• No, I don't think so.

• Nah! I think I look nice!

• I dont find anything wrong with Megan. I think she is pretty, but she needs to know that beauty runs in different shapes and sizes.

• i would be confused since she's white and i'm far from white lmao if i did in fact look like her, i'd acknowledge it and accept it but since i don't i'd be like :/

• Well Meghan Trainor is know to be "fat and proud" (even though she is not fat at all) so comparing one to her is initially saying she's fat.

• I believe my colleague took it that way, too. Thanks for stopping by.

• Yes. Because I look nothing like her and don't find her to be attractive.

• Thanks for stopping by.

Out of curiosity, have you ever been compared to a celebrity? If so, which one? With that nose and ears you currently look like Pluto. ;)

• i don't think her face is that attractive :/

• I'd think they're stupid because in no way do I resemble a blond white girl

• Suppose for the sake of discussion that you were a blonde white girl. How would you answer then?

• Oh it's fine then cuz she's not ugly at all so that would mean I'm not ugly and being called not ugly is a fantastic compliment

• Thanks for sounding off.

• I wouldn't be insulted since I think She's quite attractive and has a good sense of style. But I do understand why she was.

• I wouldn't mind looking like a celebrity.

• That would depend on which celebrity I suppose. I knew a woman who looked like Billy Barty.

• not necessarily. If that student thinks she's unattractive then yeah it was meant as an insult but otherwise that's not really insulting, she's not ugly

• I don't think the student had much of an opinion one way or the other as to whether or not Trainor is attractive. Thanks for sounding off.

• I wouldn't be insulted. She's a pretty woman.

• I agree, but that's just my opinion. Thanks for stopping by.

• Yes I would be very insulted

• Thanks for your honest opinion. May I ask why?

• I see. Thanks very much.

• Your very welcome it was all my pleasure

• What does she look like

• well depends, if she kinda wants to look like her every girl will be different in that way :)

• She's kind of a twat.

• What about her appearance?

• I don't even remember what she looks like for sure. But her songs are annoying and reek of princess syndrome.

• That seems to be a common opinion.

• No, i wouldn't mind being compared to her.