Do you like Anime?

After being on this site for just a little while, I have noticed a surprising number of anime related questions. So how many of you like anime? Why did you choose your answer? Have a favorite anime? Prefer sub or dub? I personally love anime.

• Yes
    65% (32)73% (27)69% (59)Vote
  • Never watched anime before
    8% (4)8% (3)8% (7)Vote
  • No
    27% (13)19% (7)23% (20)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
19|25

Most Helpful Girl

• I love anime!!!
    Death Note
    Soul Eater
    Deadman Wonderland
    I can go on forever lol
    I usually just buy them because I know this place that sells them very cheap but if I have to watch online it would be Sub.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Steins;Gate and Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood for life! Also Baccano.

Sub over dub any time. The only exception is Ghost Stories because the original sub is terrible, but the dub is hilarious.

0|2
    0|0

What Girls Said 18

• It's pretty normal for people to like anime these days since it's so mainstream now.

I think my favorite ones are princess jellyfish, Attack on Titan, and like sword art online.

1|2
    0|0
  • I like anime :) My favourite is probably Parasyte the Maxim, it was just so so good <3 Subbed or dubbed doesn't really matter that much... I think I prefer dubbed sine then I can have episodes on in the background too :)

0|1
    0|0
  • YES A HUNDRED TIMES!

0|2
    0|0
  • Anime is my life!! It just contributes to my weirdness, as most people acclaim.
    I'm into shoujo rather than shonen.
    My favorite anime is Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso.
    I actually like both dubbed and subbed for separate reasons. Language doesn't compromise quality, anyway. I feel like watching dubbed when I have to rest my ears from hearing Japanese and reconcile with one of my native languages, English. I feel like watching the subbed ones when I want to brush up my Japanese language comprehension.

0|0
    0|0
    • Give nagi no asukara a shot. It's got great animation and art as well.

• I like anime. I prefer dubbed, but I'd rather learn Japanese now, because lots of things get lost in translation.

Inuyasha has always been one of my favorites. But I do enjoy Black Lagoon a lot as well.

0|1
    0|0
  • I like military related anime.

1|1
    0|0
  • I love anime and have a vast collection I could not pick a favorite even if I wanted to

0|1
    0|0
  • I enjoy watching anime but I also like reading manga. Which manga is better since it goes more in depth with a story.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love anime. My favorite is full metal alchemist

0|1
    0|0
  • I like anime, but haven't been watching it much lately. My favorite anime currently is Erased. I usually prefer subbed, it conveys the real intention of the makers instead of going through the filter of English voice actors. There are some exceptions where the Japanese choice of voice actors is just horrendous.

0|0
    0|0
  • no, just no

0|0
    0|0
  • I love anime. Some of my favs are Anohana, Your Lie in April, Sword Art Online, Toradora, and some others too.

0|0
    0|0
  • My favorite is Boku dake ga Inai Machi (also known as Erased). It became popular on kissanime. to, but it ended last month and there's only 12 episodes. I prefer sub versions, just because the voice acting isn't the same in English.

0|0
    0|0
  • All the guys I've liked are into anime. They've tried to convert me but i just don't genuinely enjoy it. Some have parted ways with me for this sole reason. Anime was there life and we were not compatible. Damn otaku

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah :D a select few have found a way into my full heart, anime openings make me happy

0|0
    0|0
  • I <3 anime.

0|0
    0|0
  • B category, I don't think I'll see watch either.

0|0
    0|0
  • Would you want your neurosurgeon to love anime? It is for children and immature adults

0|0
    0|0
    • Haha yes I would want my neurosurgeon loved anime. By the way many anime would probably give children psychological problems, or they couldn't appreciate the story. Look up clips from attack on titan or shiki or code geass. I would like them but I am only level 1 😒 When I am level 2 I will link them.

• The protagonist of Monster is a neurosurgeon

What Guys Said 24

• I like anime and I've probably everything worth watching thus far LOL

Trigun/Parasyte the maxim = my favs

0|1
    0|0
    • I just can't get over how parasite ended :/

• Show All
    • @BellePepper Damn I never thought about it that way + a 42 min time skipped episode would have been perfect ^_^

• Go forth and fanfiction, friend XD

• I really only watched subbed though there are a few that I had to watched dubbed. I love anime but I dont go crazy talking about it to everyone and I dont really do the con's.

0|1
    0|0
    • My favorites include No Game No Life, Attack on Titan, Sword Art Online, Naruto/Naruto Shippudden to name the top few

• Show All
    • Other favs include, Death Note, Irregular at magic highschool, Hunter X Hunter, Shokugeki no soma

• Why do people like sword art online haha. I thought that was terrible.

• yup, love them.
    always in Japanese with subs.

I have many I like but I guess Bleach was my favourite, even if it has many terrible parts. I hope it comes back for the last Arc

0|1
    0|0
  • I have no interest in anime.
    I find it rather odd.

1|1
    0|0
    • I don't find it too odd. If one doesn't know what to expect when one watches anime, one might find it boring or usually weird. Even if you do know what to expect I could easily see somebody not being interested.

• Yeah there are a few I like.

0|1
    0|0
  • I like older animes. I like Miyazaki films and I like things like Space opera things Like the Gundam franchise. Macross franchise, Cowboy Bebop FLCL, Ninja Scroll films. I think you get the picture.

0|0
    0|0
    • I wish I could appreciate some of those since some of those receive high praise but I find it difficult.

• No, it's often about about children and sex. Nothing for me, even in drawings.

0|0
    0|0
  • Used to watch all the time. Don't watch TV much in general anymore. Only cartoons I do watch are usually Archer or Family Guy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep.
    I prefer dub because I'm a pleb cunt.

0|1
    0|0
  • I do, I watch it a lot.

0|1
    0|0
  • Oh you mean Japanese Cartoons? (Someone... somewhere just blew a blood vessel by this comment lol)

Yes I like Anime, BOTH SUB and DUB, there some amazing dubs out there and then there are some that make you say WTF.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like it, but not that much. Last time I watched any was over a year ago. I can't stand dubbed versions, it's usually horrible, I only watch with subs. Favorites are ergo proxy, darker than black, and psycho pass.

0|0
    0|0
  • Echhi is my favorite genre.
    I watch sub because I know Japanese. Dub is never a perfect translation.
    Prison School was awesome

0|0
    0|0
  • I grew up with it

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I watch Anime and I prefer subbed.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've probably seen all of the older ones. The newer ones, I have no idea about. I am an avid watcher of anime, and that kills my time and distracts me. lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never watched and never will

0|0
    0|0
  • I miss Hunter x hunter (2011) and Natuto Shippuden :(

0|0
    0|0
  • I'll watch some

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah i dont

0|0
    0|0
  • 90s Anime = Yes
    Modern anime = Hell no!

0|0
    0|0
  • Some of them are very cool.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

Shiki is the best anime ever made, go watch it.

0|0
    0|0