For those who judge people by their looks, what shall your punishment be?

I AM TIRED OF BEING PUT IN THE SCRAP PILE BECAUSE OF MY LOOKS

• Face disfigurement
  • Public flogging
  • Public shaming
  • Paying a fine
  • Making a public apology
  • Other please explain

Most Helpful Guy

• people who judge anyone by their looks and dont think and realize for a second that they could be judging wrongly are very close minded. i judge a lot of people by looks but i keep one thing in mind that i can be wrong for sure and they could be a lot of different than my judging.

Most Helpful Girl

• The punishment is that you miss out on getting to know great people. I think living life as a shallow, superficial, critical, judgmental jerk is punishment enough.

• Finding someone attractive based on appearance doesn't necessarily make one "a shallow, superficial, critical, judgmental jerk."

• you would never be in a scrap pile around me

• @Bluemax you don't need to feel obligated to be attracted to anybody. But anyone who makes a habit of treating people poorly based solely on their appearance is definitely in danger of falling into those categories. ;)

What Guys Said 17

• Every human being judges others by their appearance.

This is the reason why we dress to impress at important social gatherings, job interviews and dates. Looking like a slob tells a great deal about someone. A morbidly obese person will incur the disgust of others because it tells people that the obese person probably doesn't care much about themselves, their health, or their lives. While this is obviously a generalization and may not apply to EVERY person, generalizations are often accurate for MOST people.

If I see a lady with lots of makeup, wearing expensive jewelry and holding a designer handbag, that radiates "high maintenance materialistic snob". And 9.5/10 times, I'd be accurate.

If I see a 20-year old panhandling on the street, I see "lazy piece of crap who makes bad life choices". Based on my life experiences, I have seen people in much worse situations, missing arms and legs, living in poverty from 3rd world countries working 12-hour days to survive. Yet a 20-year old in a 1st world country who is given free education and seemingly able-bodied is begging for scraps?

The few times I give the person the benefit of the doubt is for things that they obviously have no control over. Hence, sympathy is given to those who are visibly disabled, or homeless elderly people.

However, since your appearance is almost entirely dictated by your choices, how you look is what you have chosen to portray to others.

• Well, what do you mean by put on a scrap pile?

I voted a, but I wouldn't want it to be permanent. I would like attractive people to understand more what it's like to be unattractive. I would like unattractive people to know what it's like to be attractive (and attractive people face their problems, too). Similarly, I would like young people to be old for a week. I would like able bodied people to be disabled for a week and vice versa. I would like men to be women and vice versa. I would like the popular to be unpopular and vice versa. I would like for all of us to be different races for a week.

I would like this to happen so that we can understand each other better. However, we can't fault two million years of human evolution. People aren't shallow for finding attractive people attractive. People aren't shallow for finding unattractive people unattractive. It's an all too human trait for which we have been selected to feel.

Would you consider improving your appearance, if possible?

P. S. I believe if a male had asked this question, by now there would be a few women opining about a male's fragile ego, how he's not entitled to sex, and how he should be going after people in his league regardless of him feeling any actual attraction.

• yes I am trying very hard to improve my looks

• on this site and just hoping to make friends although he started sexting me and I like to sext it can be fun. so I sexted back we were chatting for nearly a week when he asked for a pic so I sent one not a nude and when he saw my pic he put me on the scrap pile

• I think people don't usually set friends

Do you play violin?

• Judgement is important. It's what helps humans survive and something we can't help. It's like blinking. Our brains do it automatically. It's also what helps us decipher from what's right or wrong. So judgement is needed. That said people do go overboard with it. I think they should just apologize if they hurt you. :)

• Everyone judges a book by its cover.
    Tho once a book has made a name for itself all people needs to hear is the name to know it's worth it.
    You can either let your appearance define you or use your shell as a vessel for something greater.
    Choice is yours.

• I'll take a "public shaming" with my shallow ass >_<

• It doesn't matter how ugly you are as a woman. Lower your standards enough, and there will be some guys for you.

• Just left on the scrapheap. Women are the worst for judging. A lot of girls think theyre great judges of character when they're the exact opposite. I've heard girls call a guy a creep and I know for a fact the guys a diamond. He just looked a bit rough

• I would say some garbage about there is someone for everyone... But come on, this is biology and society mixing to screw over the unattractive. You rolled a bad pick in the lottery, and it is socially unacceptable to be with an unattractive person in that society's standards. If you lose hope and become bitter though, nothing will ever happen. Find some peace with and within yourself, most people can't ever do that, let alone find a successful relationship.

• I would say it isn't all luck of the genetic draw. Most people can improve their appearances. Alas, it is easy to be unattractive, if even by mistake.

• well in some ways i do judge people by there looks to a certain point, but it doesn't determine if i take the time to get to know someones personality personality at the first encounter usually sets the stage if i put in the effort to get to know you

• I voted other because I think EVERYONE judges everyone at least partially by there looks always. Even people that say they don't I believe do at least a little subconsciously.

• How exactly is judging by looks wrong? Society will judge you on more than that : looks, the way you speak, the way you eat and how you behave in a group.
    So once again what is wrong with judging by the way you look?

• having sex with Roso Donold.

• Nothing. literally any species alive does this.

• Nothing

• You have every right to not conform to the ideal standard of beauty but men also have the right to not find you attractive and have no interest in you. There should be no punishment.

• cool... then get over it.

• Have giant eggplants shoved up my wazoo.

• why not the pineapples

• ha ha ha

• :)
      I will toughen up some day

What Girls Said 7

• I chose c just to humor you.

Everyone judges on looks though, sure, some are more superficial than others. But not only is it human, it's seen all over the animal kingdom. First impressions are important. Sure, our eyes can be deceived, still, sight is one of the first or fastest ways to get information about everything, including people.
    If someone claims to be homeless and asks me to spare a dollar, I'll look at his/her clothes. Is s/he wearing a suit? A nice dress? Jewelry? I know anyone can fake looking tattered and homeless, I didn't say judging on appearances is full proof.
    If I'm on the bus, and I see let's say a "healthy" middle age man and then a little old man in a walker, I'll judge who I should give up my seat to.
    If I want a relationship, and this is the most controversial one, I unfortunately need someone I'm attracted to physically or else I won't want to get physical with him.

• When people use terms like "shallow," it often is an attempt at shaming.

• My punishment will be being licked to orgasm by 1000 gorgeous guys

• that is no punishment but nice

• Damn , does that mean you want 1000 orgasms, or that it takes 1000 gorgeous guys to bring you to an orgasm?

• @SimonCG no I want 1000 orgasms

• Literally everyone does it. It's human nature.

• Uuuh.. you do know that you have to be attracted to someone to want to date him, right? I don't mind public humiliation, my whole life is embarrassing.

• People will always judge other by their appearance.

It's a part of life and we all have to deal with that.

• D. So long as the fine is paid directly to me. That way I'll be rich.

• Nothing, people are free to judge whom ever they like, how ever they like.