Please someone help me with this?

So this is a lead acid battery charger... Can someone please tell me what voltage will come out of it?Please someone help me with this?

Most Helpful Girl

• If that "CBE" on the lower right is a branding stamp, then, it's meant to charge 12V batteries.
    CBE is an Italian manufacturer that makes chargers primarily aimed at 12V motorcycle batteries. They can be used for car batteries, too. There are a couple of 'em lying around my daddy's shop -- or at least there were when I was in high school, lol. I remember messing around with them with the 110v-240v converters we had for hair dryers and stuff.

The point is, as far as I remember, the CBE brand ONLY made chargers for 12V batteries.
    Output was something like 22A, max 14V, maintenance 13.5V.

But, srsly, get yourself a multimeter. If you know anyone who works with electrical stuff, she/he probably has a few of them to spare, and honestly will probably just give you one for free (especially if yr willing to take an analog one).

Most Helpful Guy

• since you said its for a lead acid battery. i'm guessing it ether 6volt DC or 12volt DC. with how small the transformer is its charges at very low amps

• @joeb73 are you saying that this charger tends to charge 4 AA or AAA battery cells? Then thats likely but wouldn't it still be 2.2 A?
      And 12 v is a little too much for this charger looking at the capitors

• @Elises i connected that output to an motor... (for quadcopter). It is 13.8V

• Is the motor 13.8v or did you use a multimeter?

What Girls Said 1

• Look for the writing on the board near the output wires of the board. Usually output of battery cell chargers (assuming it's a AA or AAA) it's 1.3v and 2.2A. Have a look otherwise we can't tell you since we need to know the diode's colour combination and the capitors info.
    A board isn't simple ya know

What Guys Said 4

• Probably 13 or 14 volts without load. With load about 12 or 13 if you could take a close up of the black thing with a silver back (so that I can sre the numbers) I could probably tell you for sure. That thing is a voltage regulator.

• I can see the stripes on the resisters, but it's not like anyone is going to be able to trace the entire circuit just looking at it like that.

• Since lead acid batteries are usually 12 volts, I'm going to guess it 12 to 14 volts

• Depends what type of battery it charges. I can't really see the pic but if its a small battery charger like AA or D then it will produce up to the rated voltage that the battery will take. You can see on the battery what voltage it stores.