Have you ever disliked a YouTube video? Why did you do it?

Have you ever disliked a YouTube video? Why did  you do it?

Bonus Points :D
to whoever can link me a youtube video with no dislikes (and upwards of 100,000 views).

• Yes, I have
  • No, I haven't
  • What is youtube?/results
i'm disappointed in the poll lmao i was expecting most people to say no. have you ever disliked a music video, specifically?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 24

• Yes, I have.
    Either because the video was clickbait (used a thumbnail to draw attention to it while never having content from thumbnail in the video). Because the video represented a point of view I think is objectively wrong and they sold it as undeniable truth while discarding the other side. Because the video was representative of my point of view but tried to sell it as gospel truth while discarding the other side, or just because there was some mannerism about the person doing the video that was horrifically annoying, so the content just did not matter.

• lol what's the video that you have in your post with 850m views and no dislikes?

this is a not very common video but it's the only one i know with no dislikes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTXwRzBrxlw

• i feel like disliking it... also it's not above 100k. there's millions of videos that don't have any dislikes because they just aren't watched.
      the picture above is probably fake

• cool, i always befriend syrians on gag for some reason :D nice meeting you. followed

• ah nice :), maybe you find them cute too ;)

• Plenty of times but usually I go without liking or disliking. I can't wait until they release the New Top Gear season with the new hosts so that I can downvote the living shit out of it. Top Gear died with Jeremy, James and Richard leaving. These new faggots won't revive it.

• Remember those Rickrolling videos? Those were stupid and worthy of a thumbs down.

And then there was this one, "Why Office Air Conditioning is Sexist"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNH0bmYT7os

It may be, by proportion, the most disliked video on Youtube.

• Really bad audio or video quality are the main reasons, the next reason would probably be for misinformation or badly formatted arguments. :-P

• No I just look at music and move on

• There is a video on YouTube of a girl giving 10 reasons as to why girls should bang dogs. In logicland this is a very stupid video proclaiming beastiality, but I still liked it as it was just so darn stupid and I almost choked on my cookies trying to watch the video without dying from laughter :)

• Some videos are garbage. Bad quality, bad editing, annoying voiceover.

• I have but I do it very rarely... usually I can't bother to like/dislike, I have to really love or hate it to do it

• if I dont like it, I won't view it, but they are some bad quality ones, and mashups of ones. Example. Buffalo Springfield - Better Stop (For what its worth)

• Because the video was bad. If I just don't care I'm not going to dislike a video, but if it was genuinely bad or sent the wrong message or whatever I will.

• Yes cause it made me angry lol or if its like a video but with a misleading title.

• usually cause they mock GOD or they make statements that people of the past where dumb, a lot of things that they say make no sense

• I disliked Youtube rewind 2015 because it just disappointed me so much

• Is that image real?

• Yes, I dislike anything by Pewdiebitch.

• Because Miley, Bieber, or Kanye were performing, that's a definite dislike from me.

• I've disliked due to content was not appealing as per the title

• I do it because I don't want the system to give me recommendation for that thing if I don't like it.

• I am a obsesif and yes to make equal I did it :D

• The only time I remember downvoting a video was when I went to a comedy channel, and they were realy preachy and political on one of their episodes. After that they kept getting so preachy on their videos that they were no longer funny so I just unsubscribed.

If the video had been on a political channel, I might disagree, but I wouldn't have downvoted it. I am just sick of looking to be entertained, and the people keep bringing up issues that I don't want to think about all the freaking time, even if I agree with the message. When I am looking for a laugh is not the time to bring up politics.

• never. i don't see the point in it. even if i didn't like the video.

• Vote results show how sad this website is lol

• I've never disliked. why hate

What Girls Said 17

• Yes, I do this when
    1) the content is bad, ex) winged eye liner tutorial=terrible outcome
    2) the youtuber is annoying ex) some think PewDiePie is annoying
    4) they say something ridiculously mean ex) Big girls are ugly and gross
    3) the video is only there to show off ex) the superficial unboxings vs the this is what I got because you guys asked to see

• I dislike videos for many reasons:
    1) Someone in the video acted rude or obnoxious (at least twice)
    2) It has bad quality.
    3) It's a music/lyric video, and I don't like the song.
    4) The video is recommended to me over and over by YouTube, and I want it to stop.
    5) Last but not least, there is a third thing I look for in the videos I watch: the editing skills. I am someone that edits for a hobby, so I know how to do it. When I see a video that is edited really badly or that doesn't follow the basic of editing (resolution, quality, etc), then I will DEFINITELY dislike it. It's my silent way of letting someone know that they can improve on their skills. I won't make a comment about their editing unless it is so bad that I feel inclined to give them advice...

• I pressed B by accident. A, I have. There's this 14 year old that keeps commenting on my cover to check hers and I did and it was absolute shit but then she said at the end that she has a sore throat. Then I said.. okay.. I'll check the rest of her videos so I can be fair while judging her and she really can't sing for shit. I tried holding myself but I ended up disliking. I've also disliked some parodies that I found too offensive. Don't get me wrong, I love me some good parodies!! But sometimes they take things too far.

• You know what, I'm a youtube junkie and I've never disliked or liked 1 single fucking video. I need to add this to my regimen while surfing the youtubes.

• Yes, many

WHAT VIDEO IS THAT? OMGGGG, I've never seen that

• yes because the youtuber was annoying

• I haven't. If I don't like it, I just skip over it.

• I mostly don't because I if I don't like the video I won't waste my time hitting the dislike button and leaving hate comments, I'll just leave. The only time I really dislike a video is if someone is being completely senseless or I feel offended in a way.

• The only time I ever dislike a video is if it really pisses me off. Like when I watch sad videos on animals and the cruelty they show. > =0 ahhhhhrrrgh!!!

• lol yeah

• I'm way too lazy to dislike a video

• I disliked several videos of Muslim stonings in Afghanistan, FGM, and pedophile marriages.

• Pedophile marriages still exist? You'd think that would be GONE by now. Why tf are people bringing it to light?

• @DarkIndividual ikr, i usually have like 4 question marks but they disappear :/
      if pedophile marriages exist, i'd like to have news casts about it to stop it from happening and bring attention to it. which is why i wouldn't dislike any of those videos because i'm glad i know about it

• Would that stop it though, or would more people follow along and start to accept it? Even if it is portrayed negatively (as it should be), there are always some people who will support it (probably pedophiles). That's just how humans are.

• no i haven't honestly if I don't like a video I just change and don't finish it

• because nicole arbour exist. 😂

• it had something to do with racism they were making fun of races.

• If the content is really bad like really really bad then I will dislike it but normally I don't really dislike videos

• No i have not