Would you prefer to be smart or happy?

Please explain. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I would choose enlightenment and understanding over plain blind happiness.

I understand that it may be a lot to take, or it may be hard to live like this... But personally, it wouldn't suit me. Knowledge and understanding is bread and water for my higher self (just like my physical self).

• yeah I agree with that, I can't live in ignorance

• Well I would use my genius brain to come up with cures and new medical research that will benefit the world. I would at least have done something in my life worth being unhappy for.

• Ahh... yes ofcourse...

Although, I mean't to say *worth my while :(

Most Helpful Girl

• Happy because I don't want to be sad

What Guys Said 34

• Happiness
    You have a lot of people that are super smart that are on antidepressants and other drugs to help them mentally
    You have a lot of smart people who say they know so much it actually depresses them. Why, because the smarter you are the more you realize you don't know
    You have a lot of smart people who can't find a companion to live their life with.

You can be stupid and have a happy loving family
    You don't have to be smart to live comfortably financially (i didn't say rich and you can find a skill)
    You don't have to be smart to find love

Most smart people are trying to find out how to be happy or make technological or social advances to make the world a happier place. So I would rather just be happy.

• You can't put a price on happiness. Most smart people second-guess themselves too much which prevents them from fully enjoying life.

So to answer your question, I would prefer to be happy :)

• I'd rather be happy and dumb but Id take being smart and depressed over average and depressed.

• To me the answer is.. Happy.. and I am always.. a long while ago I excepted fully what I now wear and it in no way stops me from doing anything, and I still date the ladies... so I may not be the smartest apple that fell from the tree.. but I do okay there as well.. but being happy to me is way better then being smart

• Happy. Some of the dumbest are the happiest. They're ignorance prevents them from worry

• happy, this reminds me the quote of legend jhon lennon,
    "when i was a kid my teachers asked me, what i want to be when i grow up, i said, happy, they said you didn't understand the assignment, and i i said you didn't understand life."

• smart
    cause happy makes you stupid and fall into many traps
    smart makes you keep too yourself, and be more on guard

• happy of course.

• Happy.

• Don't know. I'm smart but unhappy. Society places so many constraints on what people can do. It seems there's so many measures to protect "dumb" people and nothing to help intelligent people who don't have a lot of resources at their disposal. Lately I just feel my intelligence is a burden.

• well don't feel that way, they are receiving pity. Intelligence is a gift, in my opinion.

• I know its just so messed up. Keep pushing through it though, it will work out in the end.

• I hope you're right but I don't see it as a gift being able to see how stupid and dysfunctional this world is without any hope of it improving. This country doesn't want anyone to really succeed. It just wants to milk its future dry so it can make a short-term profit. But I won't give up just yet.

• hypothetically speaking I rather be happy. Why because happiest is something that's very hard to find. All I will say is I had it before and haven't been able to find it agin. so now I just live life hoping the more I improve myself the happier I'll be do far not really happy but life better then a year ago. plus after all the bs I been going through in the last 2 years am tried.

• happy... i need that in my life..

• I rather be smart.

• If ignorance is bliss, I suppose smart people aren't happy... but, then ignorant people wouldn't know what they're missing out on either...

• I am smart (got a scholarship for having a high IQ, was accepted into CalTech). But I would gladly trade it just to get rid of my bipolar disorder and PTSD.

• what good does me being smart if i´m not happy?

• You can be smart and happy and dumb and unhappy. Happiness don't have to do anything whit your IQ, It haves to do whit how peaceful you feel whit your environment and the people that form part of it.

• I know that, this is just a hypothetical question.

• Happy
    If being smart doesn't get me happiness, I rather keep the smartness to someone else

• smart !! has no one here seen inside out?

• Hmmm such a tough question but I suppose that I would choose happy unless my smartness could make a lot of other people happy. In that case I'd pick smart

• I'm smart and happy, so I'm set.

• If you are smart you will be hapoy

• smart

• Happy

• Smart. Fuck happiness. Happy people are annoying

• Happy

• Smart and then find a way to be happy.

• Happy ofc.

• Happy. I am already smart according to the IQ test i took.

• Being smart and depressed are 2 bad mixtures

So I say happy

• More from Guys
    4

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 22

• HAPPY.

• I think I end up appearing more happy than I am... and I'm smart... when it comes to psychology!!

• Happy.
    You said in a comment it was either happy or depression, depression is not something I would choose.

• Smart. There is so much more to experience in this life that is of value than simple happiness.

• Smart because even though dumb people would frustrate me and I'd be put under more pressure then average or dumb people, I'd be smart enough to find other things to focus on and make me happy.

• Happy please

• happy! being too smart sometimes make you less happy, coz you're literally thinking about everything

• Happy. Nothing would ever bother me.

• both please

• I prefer Both!! 😁😁

• not an option lol

• 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 no? 😔😔I'll be said then..

• HAPPY x 1000000000000000.

Many people already consider me smart, which is a constant internal debate :P

• smart.

• Happy. I value happiness over pretty much everything. What's the point of being smart if you're miserable anyways?

• omg happpppyyyyy...

• What does it mean to be happy?

• Happy. I'm smart enough but happiness is something that I don't have much.

• I believe I'm smart enough so I think it'd be better if I was happy.

• Happy

• Happy at heart

• I would rather be happy.

• Be happy. See genius are not happy the majority of the time plus I'm pretty dumb in reality but really happy

• Happy