Do you have an addiction?

I'm talking a serious addiction

Most Helpful Guy

• Food.

People wonder why fat people are fat. The answer is simple: addiction.
    Food (and drink) are amazingly addictive. But what makes them a devious form of addiction is that you CAN NOT QUIT THEM. Don't eat, don't drink, you die. You must partake of your addiction just to live.

Imagine someone who is a hard core smoker. At least two packs a day. Now imagine that instead of quitting them altogether, they instead had to cut down to just 5 a day. Too much smoking destroys the body, and no smoking (or too little) results in death. And so they can smoke. They can feed their addiction. But they have a strict limit. Above that is too many.

How long do you think they will last before they "lose track" of how many they had, and have more? How long before they lose their mind trying to ration them, and go back to what they used to smoke?
    It's like that with food and dieting.

How often have you seen someone, and they lost a LOT of weight, and they looked good! And then... a year or two go by, and you see that weight being put back on, and another year goes by, and all that weight they struggled to lose has just piled back on. And what do we say?

"They have no self control."
    "They gave up."
    "They gave in."
    "I knew it wouldn't last."

And what do we say when our friends or family who managed to quit smoking, even for a year or more, start smoking again? Or drinkers start drinking? Or that one guy on coke who cleaned up his habit is busted with some on a mirror in his room? Or the friend who swore he'd give up gambling was caught in a casino, risking his rent money?

"They have no self control."
    "They gave up."
    "They gave in."
    "I knew it wouldn't last."

Again, imagine if the horrible addiction that was eating you alive, that you had to give up? Imagine it was necessary to life. That you HAD to do it, and you HAD to force yourself not to over do it. How many alcoholics, who quit booze entirely, could keep from becoming a full blown drunk again if their life depended on a beer 2 or 3 nights a week, and a shot of scotch on Saturdays?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 14

• For the past month I've been eating at restaurants almost every day. Surprisingly I haven't gotten fat so I don't really see a problem besides the mone I've spent.

Strangely I have been playing the "knife game" a lot to entertain my friends at school and I find it fun. Some of them think I'm crazy but you can't deny it's entertaining to watch.
    This is becoming a problem.
    Don't follow me on instagram. I won't follow you back
    See it at www.instagram.com/p/BEbIPfYiVp6/?r=1580424557

• There are more than just drug addictions, if that's what you think "serious" means.

Sugar, for example. It's 8 times more addictive than cocaine. Sugar gets people VERY fat.

• Gaming addiction.

Pretty bad actually.

• Oh yeah, like i cannot live without air?

• I'm in love with da coco

• Well I'm a masochist... :/

• Serious addiction, no. Non-serious addition... sushi!

• I smoke cigs but not too serious

• No. At worst I have a myriad of minor addictions which combine into something worse.

• Serious? no.

• Food
    Success
    Girls

• I just picked up a beer for the first time in almost a year a few weeks ago...

Been drinking every day since... And smoking...

• INTERNET o)(O

• Yes, i am addicted to checking out girl's asses!

What Girls Said 14

• ice cream and food! O:

• No. I used to smoke cigarettes though and for a while I was well on my way to a drinking problem.

• I've a piercing addiction, I'm a masochist at heart. And I watch approximately 6-8 his of YouTube videos a day on average. Now if only I could use that dedication to pass my classes that would be great.

• Chocolate chip ice cream!! 😛!!
    But I can control it. 😍

• Food, and I'm not joking. I binge eat.

• If it's a serious addiction, no, I don't have one.

• Food and hoarding.

• Can pizza be considered an addiction? Because if it can I'm definitely pizzaholic.

• Junk food and music.

• I'm chocoholic

• I HAD many.
    I currently have two remaining addictive issues.

• yes to sleep and fried chicken (meat in general)

• Nope

• Okay well i do self harm pretty often, dont know if you consider that a serious addiction...

• I would consider it

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more