GIrls with two piece "swimsuits": How can you call a two piece a swimsuit?

Alright, so we've all seen girls with two pieces on. AKA the majority of girls at a beach or swimming pool. What swimming are you getting done in those? Honestly, half of these things look like they would just fly off at first contact with the water.

Why not just go tanning on a rooftop? Or like anywhere else but the cold water? Lol am I the only one who thinks this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I know this question is about those scrawny swimsuits people wear to show off their bodies, but I can't help but mention a tankini. It's a TWO piece swimsuit that covers the belly (in most cases). But, it is NOT a one piece. Bikinis (the scrawny ones) are for people who want a nice tan. Not much swimming is done simply because they are looking for tans instead of sun burns. Beaches are the most relaxing places to tan, so that's why they go there. Anyway, tankinis are for swimming. They are two pieces. In your post, you didn't specify what TYPE of two-piece swimsuit, so I'm going to give you a bit of a hard time for that. :) (I've never posted a picture in an opinion before, so I don't know if this link will work)

Tankini:
    www.google.com/url

• Lol you're right it didn't work

But I'll take your word for it

• Look it up. :) I call THOSE swimsuits

What Girls Said 20

• Well you can swim in it, so it is haha. There are many different styles too, and some are better at staying on you than others. Like if you're going to a waterpark and riding down water slides or something it might not be the best idea to choose a flimsy string bikini.

• i.ebayimg.com/images/g/bWQAAMXQydtTOpDx/s-l300.jpg

Lol ignore the girl in the picture

But anyways THAT kind of top? That flimsy bikini bottom?

• Sure lol. Hard to tell just looking at it, but I think when you wear something you can tell when it's a little risky and feels flimsy. Depends on body type too.
      I don't think anyone pretends we're wearing it because it's the best thing you can wear to swim, athletes wear one-pieces for a reason, but we're not in the water to compete. We're just having fun, and if you can look good wearing something cute and have a good time swimming at the same time, great.

• Technically swim trunks aren't the best for swimming either, speedos are the better choice if you want to swim because it removes a lot of extra, loose fabric dragging you back.

They look better though. Well that's arguable lol, but generally speaking.

• A lot of swimming :P

• Lol what

I just like double checked the description, the question title, lol this answer?

"A lot of swimming"

DID U SNIFF PAINT AGAIN?

• @Red_Arrow Yup, that's what I meant. I was answering this part of your question 'What swimming are you getting done in those?'

• OOohhhhhhhh

Lap swimming?

• Haha asking this bc of my question? Lmao. So what? You think girls should wear one pieces? Guys wear only shorts, which are just about as much as a one piece.. So what's the problem? Was there something wrong with mine?

• Oh no no no, m'lady!

Yeah, I asked because of your question, but do you really think I, a TEENAGED BOY, MIND YOU, would want to get rid of a swimsuit that is revealing of women's bodies? REALLY?

I don't believe u can swim in that thing xD

• Hahaha lmao ok ok ok lmao
      Thanks XD

• You're welcome! Anytime!

• Guys don't even wear shirts when they swim. If I'm going swimming it would be hit as fuck outside. I sweat. I hate clothes. Excuse to show off my belly and hip piercings. Plus one piece swimsuits don't work for skinny tall girls is like a vagina slingshot. All valid reasoning for a reasonable bikini.

• 1. Guys wear just their shorts because they don't cover their tits. I'm not saying that's fair, I'm saying that's how most women and men do it
      2. We all hate our clothes, and wish to show off certain parts of our body. But do you think this woman is getting in some quality swim time with this on?

i.ebayimg.com/images/g/bWQAAMXQydtTOpDx/s-l300.jpg

• ohh yeah I get that. i thought you meant aesthetically. two piece definitely more comfortable and versatile for bod size shape.

• @Azara oh yes esthetically too I'd have to shave... Well everything.

• BECAUSE ITS AMERICA!

• two piece is very broad. you are probably referring to the dental floss some people wear as a swim suit. however suits like two piece speedo is perfect for swimming laps. conveient than one piece.

• no probably not but i dont think shed be pretending to want to swim laps. a lot of people just like to go to grand bodies of water to walk around lol

• and THAT'S when I think a bikini is appropriate! When everyone's having fun, splashing each other, admiring the beach bods, etc.

• Omg yeah well this is just to show off i think or something like that, i personally prefer to wear a real swimsuit and go fight with the waves, look for fishes and see shells lol, i mean i have nothing against those girls but this is defenetly to show off your "beach body" and get some numbers lol but well, don't tell me you don't like looking at the nice bodies everywhere? muehehe

• Bikini's are great. I have one that makes my boobs look fucking amazing. Yeah sure I'm not going to enter in races with that stringy piece of shit but you can get proper racing bikinis and what not. Just come down to Australia and you'll get a good idea of different styles in to time.

• ummm a lot of swimming actually is getting done in it

• Really? How many laps do u see girls do in two pieces?

None. One piece suits are more streamlined, convenient, etc. The most you'll do in a two piece is bounce around in the shallows a bit, or float.

• I actually cannot argue with that one

• Maxrmrister I have seen lots of women with bikinis on that go into the water to have fun.

• they do stay on, what kind of gauzy bikinis are you talking about? mines fit really well and wouldn't come off unless i wanted it to.

• You wish they would fly off, pervvvvv

• Uhm.. you do realize that bikinis aren't gonna fly off, right? And you can Google the reasons why it's better to sunbath at the beach.

• Well, yes they can come off. It's more to tan or get attention from guys. Although if it fits well I might be able to do some swimming. Just no diving. Lol

• Is there no convenience sake compared to one-pieces?

• Well there is. One piece swimsuits make it hard to go to the bathroom. Two piece is easier, but more worries when you do cannonballs or dive. Which I like to do lol

• Its a bikini Hun

• Normal two-pieces aren't bad. But the string thong things aren't a good idea. It's like saying that swim shorts would just fly off if you went diving.

• Because of the material?

• I swim in a bikini will time

• The one pieces shoe more then two pieces now a days

• I surf/swim/dive in the outfit below all the time and have no problem...
    thewirecutter.com/.../...sea-vapor-630-420x280.jpg

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 0