Harriet Tubman to replace Andrew Jackson on the $20 US bill, do you think this is a good choice?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/did-the-broadway-hit-save-hamiltons-spot-on-the-10-bill/ This morning the US treasury department released the news that Harriet Tubman will replace Andrew Jackson on the $20 bill. Over the next few years leading up to the 100th anniversary of the women's right to vote a $10 bill with Susan B Anthony and a $5 bill with Eleanor Roosevelt will be released as well. Do you think these were good choices? If not what other Americans would you like to see on paper money? Personally I like the idea. If I had my choice though i would like to see an inventor like Tommy Edison or Henry Ford on US paper money

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm glad to see Harriet Tubman and more awesome ladies on the currency. It's especially poetic since Harriet Tubman use 20$ to buy her parents freedom. How unfortunate that she has to share the bill with a slave owner.

I do not want to see Edison or Ford on anything though Edison stole other people's work and was so ruthless in business that he pushed for the first person executed using the electric chair be shocked with alternating current just so he could try to say ac was more dangerous than dc.

And we all know that Ford was an outspoken anti-Semite. he also expanded his business into South America where he was such a great employer that he "forgot" to pay his workers and made them work under such horrible conditions they rioted.

I find that actually learning about the people you want to put up for admiration helps a lot in these situations. You should try it some time.

• I think Rosa Parks would have been a good choice too.

• I really did not know that Ford was an anti semite, I did hear Charles Lindbergh was though.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I fully support it. That monster Andrew Jackson should not be honoured.
    A woman, especially a Black woman who has done so much for the US deserves praise. Putting her face on the bill that is used most is a sign of great respect for her actions.

What Girls Said 10

• The point of this was for WOMEN to be represented on US bills. Maybe after they've been properly represented, y'all can talk about getting another white dude on your bills. But for now, let this be about women, as it is supposed to be.

• I know we need women on the bills too, I was just throwing out other ideas for people besides presidents to put. on them.

• Now is not the time.

• Thats cool!

• She's not replacing him and I've studied her a lot and she's one of my heros. So I'm very cool with it.

• She's not replacing him. He's still gonna be on the back of it. And I honestly think it's just gonna spark more racial issues.

• Fuck having people on the USD, that's just going to upset people. Since everyone will want someone that represents them on it. They should just put famous USA buildings and memorials on them.

• I like it too! I like that you mentioned Edison and Ford. Truly awesome American inventors. I'd like to see Jackie Robinson and MLK.

• Edison was a thief who regularly stole inventions from people in his workshop and ford was a vocal anti-Semite. Both of those sound pretty horrible.

• Smahala you need to take a serious cruise through wikipedias history section because you are ridiculously undereducated.

• Once again, even *I* knew that. And we learn nothing of US history.

• As long as we don't start putting Donald trump on money I'm fine

• interesting

• I like it. :)

• Money is money to me, regardless of it having a face or no face. Give me moneyyyyyu 😛

What Guys Said 8

• Andrew Jackson? This whole time I thought it was Peter Gammons!😯
    capwealthadvisors.com/.../20bill.jpg
    i.kinja-img.com/.../18j5p5qto8nv8jpg.jpg
    @DodgersGM
    @cavmanier
    (you guys will get it, haha)

• I'd like the founders to stay were they are on the bills and for people to stop messing with the currency. The time and money needs to be spent on more important matters plus this will only spark racial and national problems.

• I saw a similar question earlier on and agreed with the asker that it is hard to pick people that would meet with universal approval so maybe going with native animals or natural landmarks might be a good compromise.

• I could care less which old f*ck is on my money, man or women. Although we can't have just all men on our money. There were some badass females in history as well.

• Yes, Jackson was a racist who massacred Indians and caused the greatest forced migration in human history. He did have some great achievements that were instrumental in shaping our nation, but his failures in decency made him a bad choice to be immortalized on any currency.

• I see nothing wrong with gender and race diversity with my country's currency.

• This is really stupid. AJ is fine as it is, just a bunch of femitards and libtards boo-hoo-hooing again.

• Our money is a joke anyway. Might as well put Charlie Chaplin on there.