Is he worth it?

I don't know what to think. I met this guy back in September and I never gave him much thought because I was interested in someone else. But we would talk every now and then for 7 months. After things went sour with the one boy, this guy started talking to me more and more, and I've started to really like him. And he once said he really likes me. So we've been talking everyday for almost 2 months, but I'm starting to wonder if he feels the same way or not, because he never accepts my invitations to hang out and he rarely asks me to hang out. Part of me thinks he still likes me but is just scared/shy because he's said he hasn't been in a relationship for 3 years and from what he's told me it ended really badly. But I'm not sure if I should continue on liking him or if I should just say screw it we're just friends and nothing more. :/

I feel terrible I was in a complicated situation with someone else when I met this guy. But if I was completely free from it, he definitely would've been my first choice then. But he's all I want now. So is there someway I can make him see that he's the only guy I'm interested in?

Most Helpful Guy

• ask him what he wants in the future and if he asks why just tell him your wondering how you might fit into it

• The one time I kinda asked him in the past he just asked to meet my parents and so he could tell them he was the one for me. I don't know :/

• i just have a feeling that he is being very guarded to protect himself from getting hurt again by you or anyone else. for you to get to know him you will have to do a lot of work to show him you are not going anywhere with no mixed messages that you want to be with him and only him

Most Helpful Girl

• He's not worth it, I had a similar situation as you and he did the same thing, I decided after months talking to him to end it, if he's not making any effort into anything then he's not the guy for you, I would stop talking to him and see if he contacts you if he doesn't then you have an answer. I'm sorry you had this situation happen, I wish it was different

• He used to always try but I don't know. It's probably not the point but everyday he's the one to start up a conversation, I usually let our conversations die off at night and if he didn't care he wouldn't spam me every morning right?

• What's the conversation like? Does he give short answers? How long does he respond to you? If he gives short answers and takes forever to respond I would just leave it, he's clearly trying to keep you around until something better comes along, believe me it sucks but I think it's best to end it now before you hurt yourself even more. Action speaks louder than words, I get that he may feel nervous or scared but on his side he has to open up, yes what may happened to him in the past was hurtful but he has to slowly open up more, you can try and try to make him open up but if he's still the same then I would just let it go, sometimes you can try to help a person but they don't take it kinda thing. I hope this makes sense.

What Guys Said 1

• He's probably scared/shy and he realizes he's not first choice anyway.

• That's what I'm thinking and I feel terrible I didn't really share the same feeling as him in the beginning. But now honestly getting to know him better he is exactly everything I've ever wanted

What Girls Said 1

• NO because you doubt it.