Do you think Bernie Sanders should just drop out and run as Independent for president?

• Hell Yea
  • Hell No

Most Helpful Girl

• No way. He's smarter than that anyhow, I very much doubt he'd do it. With out current election system, there's no way an independent could win. All Bernie running would do is draw votes away from the democratic candidate and basically hand the republicans the election.

Most Helpful Guy

• If he does that, he should do it after Hillary is nominated. As is, he and his movement are forcing the democratic party to realize that THEIR voters are just as disgusted with politics-as-usual as the Trumpies on the right are. A LOT of people on both sides want someone they consider a political outsider.

Besides, if that lying old witch gets indicted, like she should, he is the only other democrat in the race.

• Plot Twist: Bernie Sanders wasn't a Democrat until 2015.

• @EnglishArtsteacher actually you're wrong on that last point. Bernie gets more votes than Hillary with women under 35, hence all the condescending comments from old bitches like Madeline Albright and Gloria Steinem saying that women who don't vote for Hillary are going to hell. They actually understand that Hillary may be experienced, but she hasn't done a good job for most of that time. She voted for the Iraq War, then didn't learn from her mistake when she pushed for the intervention in Libya that led to a power vacuum and takeover of Libya by ISIS. They understand that her corporate contributions make her beholden to her elite donors, not to average people. And finally, they understand that presidential candidates are not like sports teams where you have to support your "team" no matter what, even if the facts point in a different direction.

• @BoldEnigma No, the whole age factor is a myth. Trust me, Bernie Sanders is losing women, but he's not losing women in the same margin as he is with Blacks, and Latinos (of either gender).

Just face it: Bernie Sanders' biggest strength is White men, and this is why he is losing miserably.

What Girls Said 6

• At the moment, no. But if Hilary wins the nomination, yes.

• I'd never vote for a man spouting fairytales. But if he did run as independent , I could careless he still wouldn't get more votes than Hillary

• Yeah because that will make things so much easier for him -_-

• Hell yea! 👏👏👏👏

• Yes because he's not going to be able to get the democratic nominee

• No idea who Bernie Sanders is lol

What Guys Said 28

• No, I don't think Bernie Sanders should drop out, and run as an independent.

I don't agree with ANY presidential candidate dropping out. I agree with playing to win. Even though his chances are extremely slim at this point, it "still ain't over 'til it's over"! I respect him for staying in the race actually, and I give an even bigger kudos to John Kasich for enduring the race.

As for running as an Independent: I'm indifferent either way. If he wants to, good or him. If he doesn't want to, good for him. He probably won't win if he runs as an Independent, because a huge bulk of the Black, and Latino voters, as well as women of all races, would still vote for Hillary Clinton in the General Election, meaning he would have to rely on Caucasian men to win a General Election. People don't realize Bernie Sanders has a small, "cult-like" following of maybe 25 to 30 percent of people who actually support him.

If he ran as an Independent, I think he would beat Donald Trump, John Kasich, or Ted Cruz (Who would come in third place), but he would still lose to Hillary Clinton.

• i think he may do that if he loses the nomination. i imagine he would get more support as a third party candidate than we've seen in a loooooong time

• Especially seeing how well he does among independents, he actually could be the first independent candidate to be elected president.

• He'll lose either way, no independent has won in decades and as democrat he can't contend with Clinton's political and social connections. Nor does he have dirt to blackmail other politicians and benefactors like Clinton does. And since this is the primary delegates are what will win it and Clinton is leagues ahead of him in that area.

• Plus, he struggles with the Black, and Latino vote-Which is CRUCIAL for the General Election. Barack Obama lost White voters in 2008, and 2012, but still won the General Election.

• @Fugue No, but they might stay home.

This was John Kerry's issue in 2004. He won 75 percent of racial minorities, but they produced a small turnout, so Bush won. Sure, they didn't go to Bush but it was enough for him to win.

• @EnglishArtsteacher I see no indication that HC is firing people up in any special way above past establishment candidates. The realization of her Wall Street apologism and general corporatism wouldn't help her, even among minorities.

Bush "won" arguably once, if we disregard the allegations of vote rigging in 2004. He lost both the vote and the states in 2000, but was awarded the presidency by the supreme court. I digress.

I'd be willing to bet money on Bernie Sanders turning out a lot of people to vote for him, regardless of any hypothesis about specific blocks, once the shackles of corrupt closed primaries were broken.

• No. He should at least let California get a vote. There is a good chance that neither candidate will get enough pledged delegates by convention time. Also, the stench of a conviction swirls around Hillary, so it could happen that people finally realize she is too weak of a candidate in the general election. But I am not certain Bernie would agree to run 3rd party and risk a Trump win. If Trump gets booted from the GOP and runs as a 3rd party, then definitely Bernie should run as a 3rd party. Hillary Clinton's unfavorability ratings rise more and more, every day. They are already near 60%. Not as bad as Trump, but that can change in a general election.

• i think his best bet is a contested convention. I don't think he should bother running as an independent. I mean he gave it his best shot, but people are still by and large blind to the problems that affect America, which is largely money in politics and the banking class. People will be reminded in the next crash why people like Clinton need to go.

• Wow, a Black man who likes Bernie Sanders? I need to screenshot this moment!

Then again, you're Canadian, so the Blacks up there might think different.

• This ^

• If he does he'll get even less coverage than he already does.
    That's the reason why Trump is running for the Republican party even though he's not a Conservative (I honestly don't know what he is).
    Running as a party candidate gets you a lot of media attention while independents are practically ignored.
    Ask how many people have heard of Gary Johnson. He's the Libertarian candidate for president and most people don't know who he is.

• I think Donald Trump is Moderate as far as political ideology, but he's not even a politically experience in any way, shape, or form, which is the key reason why I would never vote for him.

• You're right, the two cult movements (Bernie Sanders, and Donald Trump's) have no sound to their arguments. They just write "Feel the Bern", or "Trump Train." Why? Because they're emotional arguers-They don't use facts, data, reasons, or examples-They like the "I LIKE WHAT HE SAYS" appeal. It's an appeal to pathos.

• @EnglishArtsteacher I agree they are both cultists in their own way. Bernie prays on the naive by offering free stuff and blaming Wall Street for everything while Trump has an unhealthy infatuation with a wall that cannot be built due to many logistical issues.

• Hell no, because I'm really hoping he'll be the next president. He's the first/only president to realize that there's a huge difference between socialism and communism. And he also understands the logic behind using other successful countries as an example on how to govern.

Americans have been brainwashed for too long to think that socialism is something evil. But looking at Canada, Sweden, France and other socialist countries has made me pro-socialism.

• it doesn't matter trumps the next president anyways.

• Trump the next president I doubt it, the Republican party isn't gonna let him get the Republican nomination plus Clinton is the chosen one by the establishment.

• trump will get the required number of delegates. he will win california

• trump 4 prez

• It would be ideal but it might hurt his campaign.

• I still don't understand how so many can vote for corrupt politicians like Sanders and Hillary. They are bought by Goldman Sachs! And Goldman Sachs wants nothing but to make the world a miserable place! They want you to be their slaves. But you still happily vote for them.

• Thats his best chance then Trump will take over for the win

• I voted for Bernie, bit truth be told, the only way he has a snowballs chance in hell of winning is as a Democrat. No independent has ever even come close to winning in decades.

• If there is minimal risk involved, yes because the DNC is evidently working against him. But if switching his loyalties risks his chance of being president, then no.

• Yes. That would hand the election to the Republicans.

• Yeah, then Trump would be unstumpable.

• I doubt that, as a good portion of the Republican party refuses to support and vote for him plus Sanders as a good chance of getting Republican voters.

• I don't know much about American politics cos I'm English but I really don't think the republicans who are capitalist as fuck would vote for socialist sanders, sanders goes third party then it's trump v hillary and trump has better chance against hillary than sanders.

• Actually a lot of republicans would rather Hellary than sanders. His ideas are insane.

• If he wants to guarantee a loss then sure.

• Yea, only been he really feel is his stds.

#makeamericagreatagain

• No. He'd have no chance at all. The American election system is very flawed and generally unfair, but him running as an Independent is not going to change that.

• I think if he loses then he should.

• That would just ensure 4 years of trump.

• He needs to go away. Can't stand that bastard.

• I think it doesn't matter. It's a foregone conclusion that it's going to be Hillary vs Donald.

• I want him to win. The Clinton lady better stay down

• If he and/or Trump decide to run as an independent, there is a chance the election could be thrown into the Republican controlled House of Representatives because no one would get the required 270 electoral votes.

• If he drops out now, he'll be perceived as weak, and he'll lose a lot of voters. If he's going to lose, at least go our with dignity.

• He is down only a couple hundred in pledged delegates. There are lots left and he of course has a chance to win.

• This is a joke, right?

He's down by roughly 250 pledged delegates. I don't think you realize how big that lead is. There isn't "lots left"-Almost all of the pledged delegates have already been allocated.

The biggest delegate jackpots remaining are in Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, and California-Which are all expected for Hillary Clinton to win, since they include Black, and Latino voters in a heavy presence.

• @EnglishArtsteacher Hillary is not projected to win all those states, Bernie was much further behind before he won 7 out of 8 states. Obama was way behind at one point too and look what happened. Will he win? I said he has a chance.

• He should drop out all together. Leftist prick.