Do you think BuzzFeed is the cancer of the Internet? And why?

When I ask if they are the cancer of the Internet, I mean just one of the cancers of the Internet. I ask this question because it seems that some people, including people on this site, have some disdain for BuzzFeed. I want to see what people on here think about BuzzFeed and see if either gender leans one way or the other. Personally, I think that BuzzFeed is willing to sell their soul for views and clicks. And it seems that many things they say are not factually correct and in their "pursuit for equality" they say things that end up discriminating against another party. Especially if you're white or a man. I think they should be used exclusively for entertainment and should almost never be taken seriously. Am I wrong? Tell me what you think, I am genuinely curious to hear arguments and different points of view.

• Yes
  • Sometimes
  • No
  • Haven't viewed enough BuzzFeed to say
  • What is this BuzzFeed you speak of?

Most Helpful Girl

• BuzzFeed and Tumblr. Cancers of the internet.

Most Helpful Guy

• Only thing buzz feed is good for is the food blogs.

What Girls Said 8

What Guys Said 12

• Buzzfeed is Tumblr's little cousin, an embodiment of what happens when cancer spreads

• It sucks but I'm not sure I'd say its the cancer of the internet.

• I agree with you completely. They should be for entertainment purposes only. When it comes to rights issues they tend to generalize to the point it could be considered discrimination.

• I'll have to look at it from time to time. Thanks for the tip.

• (you might like it. They have snappy gifs and memes.)

• they can be entertaining... but it all looks so forced and sometimes their educational stuff is utter bullshit.

• Cancer? No...
    Ass Cancer? HELL YES!
    memesvault.com/.../Haters-Gonna-Hate-Meme-12.jpg

• you're thinking of tumblr

• Not when 'Shudders' 4chan exists

• I am done with buzzfeed since their racists sexist hiring practice was exposed.

• They're definitely not the most open minded people but I wouldn't call them the cancer of the internet.

• Yeah it's probably one of the bigger cancer tumors of the internet. Atrocious site and everyone who uses it is an idiot.

• Yeah to right wing people. It irritates the soul out of them