What is the best thing that ever happened to you?

i feel really upsad right now so i hope that a positive story might cheer me up

Most Helpful Guy

• Spending my time with my whole entire family and everyone is happy in my childhood home on Christmas day

Most Helpful Girl

• The best thing to ever happen to me? Besides the cliché "I got my siblings" or "met my best friend" or "got my ____ pet" for me... it'd have been falling in love with my ex.

Yea in the end he really hurt me, he fucking crushed my heart.
    But that's the sad ending to my story.

The best thing to happen to me was getting the experience not many people get to have. I met him and we became best friends. We became close, quickly. I helped him with his girlfriend cheating on him, he helped me through my fathers abuse.

He was the one person I could rely on (besides my mother) but both of them lived hours away. Eventually, I fell in love with him. He became every thought I had, every waking moment I had, I spent talking to him. We'd stay up so many times late at night on Skype, and I'd fall asleep on the call with him even though I knew I'd get in trouble by my father.

He and I would just talk and talk. About everything. About nothing. About ourselves, our thoughts, our plans. The future we wanted. Even a future with each other. I knew it was silly of me but hey, a girl can dream right?

He was an amazing boyfriend even though we were long distance. We had plans to meet in the summer cause he was only an hour away. Before things went downhill, I knew I couldn't live without this boy. I knew I fell in love with him, my first TRUE love, not some silly teenage infatuation, not something that was lust mistaken as love. He didn't want nudes, or to talk dirty. He wanted me. He wanted to know who I was, inside.

Well after we broke up, for the official and last time, I was heartbroken. He was the only boy I cried over-yea I cried when I got dumped by my 2 exes in real life- but that's because they left me to be lonely. I cried over him because I didn't want to be without him.

It took me 7 months to get over him, and it still hurts to talk about him. But honestly, I don't mind. I don't mind I cried over him so many times, I don't mind that he hurt me. I'm not gonna say "I wish he knew my pain." Because I love him too much to want him to experience this kind of pain.

• I don't regret the time I spent over him.
      The best thing to happen to me was experiencing this love I had for him. Getting to know him, knowing the real him. Knowing he loved me truly. Honestly, I don't regret any of it. If I had the choice, I'd fall in love with him again and again, even if the ending to my story never changed.

What Guys Said 3

• Getting into my small group in my church. While there are only a few of us we enjoy hanging out together.

• Getting into medical school

• I did tracks from 8th and always sucked at it but then I started playing football OP

What Girls Said 1

• One day I felt really sad and depressed but I had someone there to make me feel better.