Water heater for fish?

I'm getting a fish tomorrow. I decided to get a beta fish and maybe some other kinds too. I saw that betas need the water at 75 degrees but I can't find the rest of our water heater. I live in the South and it's hot. My room is also at the top floor of my house so the heat is all up here. Would the fish possibly be okay if I didn't get a heater? I have had beta fish before but we never used a heater.

What Guys Said 3

• Beta fish are tough. You'll be fine if it's inside

• Yeah I was planning on keeping him in my room which gets pretty hot especially around this time.

• Thanks I actually got a blue gourami and 2 gisn't Danios. I filled the tank up earlier this morning and it has stayed warm.

• Nice! I'm sure you'll have some nice happy fish as long as you keep them fed haha

• It'd be okay for now but when winter comes you are gonna need a heater anyway so why not grab it now?

• It will probably be dead by then honestly and it is pretty warm during the winter too.

• Let's bank on those who lives to tell the tale by winter eh?

• It will be awhile before it gets cold again so I should be fine without the heater for now.

• yeah it´s probably warm enough where you live. you you use heating in winter and it doesn´t have much fluctuation in temperatures in your room, you probably won´t even need one at all.

What Girls Said 0