Have you ever experienced racism?

Most Helpful Girl

• Everyone has, and for those who say no are just in denial.

• That depends very much what ethnicity you have and what country you live in. Although it is probably true that all countries struggle with racism, some have much more problems with it than others. Also, in some countries such as the US or certain Asian countries, racism is very open, while in many countries in Europe, it's much more subtle. I see you are African American. This already means you experience much more racism than any white person in America ever will. For a white American it is totally possible to live a life without experiencing any racism against himself or herself.

• @BlueCoyote by the way everything with a tan can be black, but that doesn't mean African American lol

• That's true, thanks for pointing it out ;-)

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope
    But yep we Indians are considered as the biggest creeps in the world
    I won't say it's a lie but not much are creep
    Like 30% to 40% people 😂 LOL

What Girls Said 22

• Nope, don't think so.

• yes I have. I have an Arabic name (I'm half Arab) and after 9/11 people gave me crap about it :(

• Countless times. :/

• Not that I know of.

• No, can't say I have.

• Yes I have. Many times. Been called n** plenty of times. I still cringe, but I ignore it.

• no just stereotypes lol people said my name was Tiphani when they saw me n they were writing my name... i just stared at them then grabbed the pencil n erased that lol

• Yes, so many times. That's basically the story of my life.

• Yep. As a mixed person I am often mistaken for a different race
    So when racists talk to me they think it's ok to talk about other races because they think I'm their race

• Plenty of times. Sometimes I ignore it and other times I handle a bitches ass. :T

• People (especially white people) like to tell me I'm "ugly because I'm asian"... Did they really have to add in the Asian part though

• yeah i have. i dont take it too seriously though

• Yes, lots of people are racist towards whites but nobody cares

• In person... never

Online... too many times to count

• Online. And one time when I was younger, I kicked that little shit's ass.

• Nope

• yes I have and it sucks

• Yes i have

• Yes it has happened.

• Yes. People are people - black, white, brown, yellow, red, green. Some of them are ignorant or have hang ups.

• a what?

• Yes i have

What Guys Said 39

• Yes, just two weeks ago, in fact. I'm white, my wife is lack, and we live in the south (Florida). We were walking our dog on the sidewalk, and my wife who was just behind me hollered "look out!" I looked up in time to see the grill of a late model pick-up truck (a redneck Caddilac) barreling directly at me. I grabbed the dog and lunged out of the way. The driver then calmly turned from the sidewalk and back on the roadway. It was very calculated and cowardly. I hadn't time to see his face or get a plate number. He wasn't half the man his mother was! typical redneck.

• Yeah my 4th-grade Gym teacher called me a #N-bomb for not picking up a dodge ball at the end of class HAHAHAHAH. But here's the funny part, though, he knew I had an MP3 player playing in my ear since it was allowed. So maybe he thought I + 32 other kids wouldn't hear him screaming across the whole gym at me. Now I could have gotten him fired, but I don't do snitching stuff nor do I like letting others handle my problems. So I said he didn't do it to the parent who so happened to be picking up his kid that day and to the Principal. But eventually, I got my revenge via an A+, bricking his car and via the fact that everyone was talking shit to him from then on. So his work life was a living hell (even other teachers shunned him).

• He apologized for it shortly after it happened/ when I let him off the hook. But ofc I gave him that "nigga I got a plan for yo ass face" LOL

• I have been the victim of racism one single time. It was not in my home country though, it happened when I was living abroad. It was very hurtful and bad but in some strange way, it also taught me some things. I've never been racist but still, if you grow up as a white, privileged guy like me, it's good to experience once what it means to be the victim of racism. It helps me not just rationally but emotionally understand how incredibly hurtful racism is.

• Mostly from my own "race".
    漢奸 is a common one. "The Han Traitor"
    Say if you want dogeaters to have their toil nails pulled out of them one by one before slowly dipped into a tub of boiling tar. You're an enemy of the Chinese culture.
    Say if you support the Japanese and think China should go fuck off from other people's national borders. You're a traitor.
    Say if you want your city-state to declare independence from Communist China and stop fucking turning the place into China. You're a CIA provocateur.

• Are you from Hong Kong?

• @QuestionMan Well, as far as I know Hong Kong wanted to vote on this topic 2 years ago but the Chinese government basically pressured and threatened the government of Hong Kong for so long that they eventually gave up on the referendum. It's a bit like the US and its territories abroad such as the virgin islands or samoa or even guantanamo. I'm sure samoa would rather be independent and Cuba would like to have guantanamo back (which was unrightfully taken from them) but these small countries/territories just don't have a chance against the US. In fact, the US territories such as Samoa don't even get to say anything politically, although they pay taxes. They've got a representative but he's not allowed to vote on anything, he's only allowed to sit in the congressional meetings and voice his opinion. The whole thing is quite strange. America started because it rebelled against Britain with the phrase "no taxation without representation" and now it's doing the same to other countries.

• @BlueCoyote I never understood why the US has unincorporated territories. It makes no sense.

• No. Due to my European ascendance I'm considered white in Brazil, so I haven't experienced any racism so far.

• In which I was involved in? I don't think so. I have seen/witnessed it happen to others in front of me though.

• I've never been the victim of it. But I've seen it happen, more than once. Racist words /insults are common.

• Yep. Indeed. One of the top users here picked on me for being an Indian. Repeatedly mashing on me that I don't understand English.
    That's the most recent one. I can't count how many instances on G@G has put me on the crosshairs of haters. In life... I'd rather not talk about it.

• I got called a whitey tightey once lmao

• Yes I have.

• I have experienced it online

• Me feeling it towards others? Or feeling it from others?
    Or just seeing it between others?

• yea I'm the random the search at the airport everytime after they realize I have a terrorist last name.

• Yep, It sucks. Especially it is done by some 6-year-old kids whenever I'm with a friend in the park and they start throwing rocks at you and your friend. Lovely times :P I learned how to live with it but there are times you just want punch the hell out of them (well i wouldn't beat a kid that young, but its sad that such a young kid was already acting racist towards others, probably their stupid parents fault)

• Not that I can remember.

• Yes, but my replies are sharper and more painful and I don't even have to stoop to their level. Yeah I can be an asshole sometimes... but I have my moments. :v

• Yes, all the time. White people are the only race you can legally discriminate against and who are not allowed to have interests specific to them as a racial group while every other race deserves this right.

• I'm a white South African and we are often the victims of racists attacks and all of us are victims to lack of business opportunities due to racist work policies.

• Oh im white so i can't, and male too so its impossible.

• yeah

• Yeah. I'm not saying black people lie about racism, but what I would say to black people who complain about racism is try being me, I'm middle eastern. Being middle eastern in today's world is like a death wish. Lol

• Yes, I actually have.

• Yes, native acting foolish because i am white

• against me? no
    against other people while I was there? yes

• I'm a glorious white male from the working class, so it's a concept that's beyond me.

• yeah but nothing like "really" bad.

• Sure! Mexican girl calling out white dudes all the time!

Did it affect me much? Nope!

• When I was working on an Indian Reservation, a teenager walked by and called me a "whitey" and I'm like lol

• People have assumed I was racist simply because I am white, dont know if you'd count that.

• Yes I have for being White and for being ethnically Jewish.

• More from Guys
    9