Do you believe in ghosts/spirits? If so, will you share any experiences?

I believe in lost souls wandering the earth, for many reasons.
I've had a few experiences (we actually believe there is a shadow person in our current home) but I'll share that if this gets enough responses.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've had many. But I believe in the principle of 'you create your own reality'. If you believe in it, you'll see it, or find evidence for it. Then again, as I say, I've had experiences that can't be readily explained. But I don't talk about them, because there is no point. You either get the overly credulous, believe whatever I tell them; or the so called rational Dawkinites and the scientific and medical establishment, who basically think you're insane. Each had their prejudice before hand.

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe in ghosts/spirits for many reasons.

1. My grandparent's house is haunted. My mom has told us stories about her growing up there and the strange things that happened. Like her dog refusing to go upstairs sometimes and would just stand at the base and growl up them. And her seeing a person's shadow in her doorway when no one was there. And someone sitting on her during the night. The only bad thing she experienced was heavy breathing in her face one day, which she quickly left the house after that one.

My youngest sister also heard the heavy breathing. She refused to use the bathroom alone for weeks after.

My other sister and I believe we've seen it when we were younger.

And finally, my town is big on all things ghosts and hauntings. A lot of people died here. There's also probably at least 6 ghost hunting shops in town.

What Guys Said 21

• I don't believe in that stuff but I had one experience.

I was playing in a playground. It is empty. One slide, 3 swings. Nothing else. No bushes, no trees. Just a plain dusty ground. I was swinging and suddenly I heard someone calling my name in low pitched voice. I stopped and looked around. No one was around. I started walking and then I heard it again. I kept hearing my name until I left that ground. I cried and I had fever. At that time my uncle had just died few days ago in an accident. I hated him & I wasn't sad. So I thought it was my uncle because I wasn't sad about his death.

I don't believe in ghosts, god, demons but that one incident is still confusing me. I'm quite sure that playground was empty. If anyone was there I'd have seen them. You can spot even a little puppy from afar. Now half of ground is a building & surrounding area is developed. Whenever I visit that playground I remember that day and I get chills. Now I can't stop thinking about it. WTF was that? -_-

I've visited so-called haunted places of city and they are thrilling. One is just a km away. I'm 100% sure that those places are not haunted. People have experienced weird stuff in those places but I didn't feel anything there. It was just dark.

• I don't believe in ghosts, bigfoot, sasquatch, UFO's, Loch Ness Monster, Ogo Pogo, psychics, witches, chupacabres, vampires, I don't believe in many supernatural occurrences and phenomenons. werewolves, leprechauns, baron samedi, god, satan, angels, souls etc either.

Why not?
    The same reason you don't believe in the Easter Bunny.

• Hmmm... talking about ghosts, I remember a visit to Bhangar Fort in India. It is said that the royal family was cursed by a wizard. I didn't experience much, except occasional chills and sudden feeling of depression whenever I strayed too far.
    Here's the story behind that fort

Ratnavati was the princess of Bhangarh and was famed for her elegant beauty all across her own kingdom and the neighboring states. By the time the princess had turned 18, various matrimonial offers from different kingdoms came in a rush. Tempted by the beauty of Princess, Singhia, a black magician decided to lure the princess with his magical powers. So the magician thought to spellbind the princess; he cursed the oil made available by princess’s maid. However, princess recognized the trick and poured the oil on to the ground. The oil on ground turned into a rock and rolled towards the magician and crushed him. In his dying words, the magician cursed the town to death and no more rebirths. The curse showed its results in a war between Bhangarh and Ajabgarh, where the princess was assassinated and the Royal family, killed.
    I didn't experience much as visited at noon and entry was not allowed after sunset. But the place was equally awesome and eerie. Feels as if someone is constantly in touch with you.
    The architecture is magnificent, the castle is still as strong as it was.
    Some investigators stayed at night but found nothing but wild animals. Some who stayed with a woman were scared to death, some people didn't return at all.
    Here is a PDF of a story written by the guy who did experience some crazy paranormal stuff.

www.smashwords.com/.../...ding-one-night-there.pdf

• I know they exist, without a doubt, to many experiences not to believe, to many stories to post but i will tell the scariest one, though happened to my mom when she was young.

She lived in Indiana at the time near the gary area, she was about 7, her older sister Chris tricked my uncle and two other aunts into going into the attic, which she knew something bad was there, they were up there, then she ditched them, when they heard heavy foot steps coming at them, then it started running pushing boxes over as it was coming, they screamed for my grandpa and it started hurling things at them, they couldnt aee it but they could hear it and see things flying at them, when it was 5 feet away my grandpa swung open the door, which chris had locked and he grabbed them and slammed the door shut and locked it then there was a deafening boom against the door and the door cracked down the middle from top to bottom then they ran out of the house for a few days. Other things happened in that house before they moved out of fear and danger, i have stories myself, if youd like to hear them through inbox

• I believe that every location that is or ever was has both positive and negative energies attached to it. I believe that when a person dies in a location, if the energy in the area is negative enough, the person's soul can be trapped especially if the energy is specifically linked to the individual.

For example, think about this: A man is about to be executed for a horrible crime by way of hanging. Normally, the length of the wire/rope is measured in such a way that the person's neck usually breaks immediately. But this time the measurement was wrong. The man drops down but he merely bounces around, still alive, gasping for breath, flailing, terrified, trying desperately to let out any sound but none comes out. His lungs burn and his throat is in excruciation. He kicks around in suffering until, after several minutes, he passes... or does he?

By going through such a torturous death, the man had created within the area a massive amount of negative energy so that when he finally passed, his soul was confined to the area to remain there until some priest or shaman happens to want to help him reach the other side.

• There are a lot of things that we cannot explain, do I believe in ghosts/spirits? Honestly I'm not sure, but I've seen some things FINALLY during my travels to certain haunted places that have totally made me question all I know (Recently).

Is it possible? Yes... but with all the people that fake some of these sightings it's hard to tell. Being in Special FX makes it easier for me to spot the fakes, but there are some you know 100% that aren't, it's those that make you truly wonder.

But, if it is true, then that opens the door to discussion of things like the 'After Life' & 'God' etc.

• This might sound like a book story, or a movie, or a videogame but nah this really happened two years ago. My aunt is possessed or something, one day i was at my grandma's house and my aunt started kicking everything near her and shouting "Leave me! Leave me be!" with a different voice than hers, it sounded just like the demonic voices we see in movies, she was also doing some random movements too! So my uncle grabbed her and and put her on the ground without allowing her to move, after some minutes without blinking for once, she was able to speak again but not properly, she seemed like she is speaking in codes or something lol. I was shocked i never visited grandma's house for one year which was the last one, i'll probably go see her soon i hope i don't find my aunt there lol.

• I believe in spirits more than ghosts - I think I have a few looking after me because I am very fortunate - An awful lot of chance things go my way, it feels a lot more than average.

• I'm not superstitious so no, I don't believe in anything non-scientific until it can be proven.

• As a scientist I don't believe in them but I can't say they don't exist but the burden of proof is on the side of they do exist. I've alsoo never aeen any falsification done on the existence of ghosts, meaning it would be iractional for me to believe in them. But people can believe in what they like providing they don't force it on others.

• I do think there are Ghost out there

• Yeah I do absolutely. I have heard my name, seen doors move, seen a shadow of a person over my bed, felt like I was touched in my sleep, heard footsteps, heard scratching on my door when my dogs were locked in the other room, seen a person walk down my driveway and vanish once when I was a kid like 10

• Sometimes you hear your name, but you can't see anyone.

• I don't. Only people who do experience their presence because they want it to happen. If you go to a "haunted" place you just expect something to happen.

• Yes, I have had encounters before

• nah!!!
    I believe in demons, angels, giants, god basically history

• Yes i belive in spirits but not ghost.

• Only in the Witcher 3

• nope, not at all

• I believe every event that occurred in Ghostbusters is a fact

• I dont but tell me your story..

What Girls Said 7

• my sister and i were up at night talking back when we were teenagers and then she said "danielle, stop touching me and go to sleep" and i was like... i haven't gotten up and she swore she felt a hand on her leg and i still think she's crazy but hey... who knows.

• I've had a number of strange experiences. Even one I can't remember myself but my parents told me. I almost drowned in a bath when I was like 2 years old & it was around 3am, my mum & dad were sleeping. Apparently I ran a freezing cold bath for myself & my dad woke up feeling odd & saved me.

• I have never seen a ghost, but I kinda believe in them, my grandma saw a ghost once.

• I've had experiences I can't explain but I don't know if they were spirits or something.

• I saw a ghost Native American once when I rode my horse couple years ago.

• Nop, i don't belive in ghosts... if i see one then maybe i will start to belive...

• not really.