What's wrong with fat, chubby guys?

A couple of weeks ago, I remember two of my (now old) friends asked my type of guy. I said a chubby dude, teddy bear (lol) and they were making of it, saying things like "oh you like moob---" "s*** gay" and I'm like what is your problem? Why does it seem like an issue if I admit I like chubby, fat guys over skinny guys?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well sadly there's a lot in our western society for chubby and fat people. I'm not super fat but I'm kinda bearish/chubby and even I can feel it. I can't imagine how guys must feel who are obese. The particularly sad thing about this is that most chubby guys know that they're chubby and they don't really like it. But more many chubby people it's not as easy to change this as skinny people think it is. It's sort of similar with age: people in their 40s and 50s know that they've got wrinkles and that they don't look young anymore. Just like fat people, they try to not care and be happy about their bodies but it's so hard because we live in a culture where youth and being super skinny are considered admirable ideals. And unfortunately, many people are extremely ignorant and hateful and they will go to great lengths to bully people who don't fit into those stereotypical views of what is regarded as "beautiful".

I am certainly very glad that women like you exist. Not just because I might fit your taste but also because you are a great example that there are also tolerant people out there. I'm a guy who doesn't care much about things like breast size, so it makes me happy to know that there are girls out there who also don't judge chubby guys just because they're chubby.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nothing is wrong with it, it's just not the most common answer. I guess they did that because they're not.

What Guys Said 9

• Nothing wrong with it. Being a little chubby myself I'd wish I'd find someone like you. It's just not as common of a preference that's all so to them it's "odd" or "not normal". But you are not the only woman with this preference.

• Its just not the norm. Most gals like washboard abs, and guys that are total douchenozzles.

As a large fellow, I wish there were more women of your opinion out there.
    And it does me good to hear your opinion on this matter. Thank you.

• I know! I feel like some people are brainwashed by social media and stuff.
      And no problem!

• because being fat is undesirable. guys also get ridiculed for liking chubby girls. if you like it, there´s no shame about it. it´s just not what most people like so that´s why you have to expect that reaction.

• I guess its just not the norm in female preference.

• There is nothing wrong with that...

• Nothing wrong with that.
    What's wrong with your friends?

• Jealous of chubby guys at that moment

• I'm chubby you like me? Lol

What Girls Said 4

• There's nothing wrong with that. It's just that girls are not usually attracted to chubby guys.

• Nothing its just that yours is unheard of

• Nothing wrong with that

• Everyone has a type. It's just yours is most unusual.