Is it weird that in my dreams?

Is it weird that in my first person dreams half the time I don't identify as myself and instead I believe I am the character from a cartoon or anime? It's weird because I'm them, but I still have my personality and think of myself as 'me' but I am them. I've had a dream where I was Naruto dueling Chazz from Yugioh GX, Ichigo being sold as a slave to Matsumoto and Hitsugaya then switched to Hichigo's perspective and brilliantly escaped leaving 'my old self, Ichigo' behind, been Danny Phantom or had his powers at least 4 times, and many more.

I'm almost positive it's because of recent exposure/obsession with the shows on the days it happens. Does this happen to anybody else? What kind of crazy shenanigans has your dream self gotten into?

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a Private Opinion
    Only the asker and the opinion owner can view it. Learn more

What Guys Said 2

• Yeah but that's cool :D

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 1

• If you are exposed to or watch anime for a majority of your time, your brain both consciously and subconsciously processes this information during the time you're awake. So, when you go to sleep, your subconscious processes the information you received (which is anime) and concerts this information into a dream.
    Don't worry, you're not the only one who has dream experiences like this. Sometimes after watching a celebrity's movie, then social media stalking, I would dream to be the celebrity. I personally do not watch anime, but I'm pretty sure that the result from exposure would be the same.