Do you believe in "broken" people?

I am not a psychiatrist or counselor, however I have studied psychology, abnormal psych, and many communication classes as part of my education, both because the credits were needed and because I find this sort of thing interesting. I say this because, while I know that abuse can have very definite and damaging effects on people, and that the longer the abuse occurs the worse off the people are. However do you believe that there are some people who through genetic composition and the environment they grow in are just "broken" and that there is no chance for rehabilitation? Additionally do you also believe that some people are just better suited to deal with stress than others? I know this is a lengthy question. So let me know what you think.

Most Helpful Girl

• I work with people with Mental Health issues and belief everyone can be supported towards recovery but this looks different for everyone.

• I tend to believe the same, but must confess that the stages it can go through to see a higher level of function can be frustrating, for both the person seeking improvement as well as their partner.

What Girls Said 1

• No. Even though I am a pretty negative and pessimistic person, deep inside I believe that everyone can be fixed.

What Guys Said 2

• yeah this is obvious,

you can tell by how much they talk and how fast they get personal with you.

• so if its someones job to talk, is that a symptom? or his job? what a terrible example.

they talk a lot unusualy. open up aout deep stuff, sometimes they drain your energy... are needy

its almost everyone in life... the world is fucked up and borken. another form of rbrokeness is corruption

brokeness causes a bad imbalance in your mind and they often have to let it out to relieve themselvse hence the talking.

• I can accept that for the most part. Thank you for your point of view.

• Absolutely. The prison system in the US is full of broken people. Love is the most powerful weapon against mental and emotional disease yet we have tons of people making babies they do not want or do not want to love.

• Wow, very well put, thank you for your comments.

• I am glad this was a good question, I will see if I can come up with other good questions for future discussion topics. :-)

• Thank you for that. There are plenty of fancy pecker questions already :P