- Once a week10%(5)19%(20)Vote26%(15)
- A few times a year17%(8)13%(14)Vote11%(6)
- When the heck am I never not depressed?27%(13)27%(28)Vote26%(15)
- Every month15%(7)17%(18)Vote19%(11)
- What is depression? I'm full of rainbows and unicorns 🌈🌈🌈8%(4)6%(6)Vote4%(2)
Most Helpful Guy
I think of depression being more of an overarching view, like a mental state that can come and go for time periods (notable exceptions being if you have a long lasting disorder).
In any case, I get sad thoughts and days now about monthly or so. When I actually was depressed though, I'd get them constantly-- got worse at night. Some nights were better than others, and some nights were much worse. Depression only happened to me once however just for some years. I was able to get out of it though.
Nevertheless, I find having occasional sad thoughts as normal. Everyone becomes sad from time to time but most snap back to just fine. It's when the sadness is constant and you feel unable to be happy where you start to have a problem.2