How often do you get depressed?

• Never
  • Once a week
  • A few times a year
  • When the heck am I never not depressed?
  • Every month
  • What is depression? I'm full of rainbows and unicorns 🌈🌈🌈
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• I think of depression being more of an overarching view, like a mental state that can come and go for time periods (notable exceptions being if you have a long lasting disorder).

In any case, I get sad thoughts and days now about monthly or so. When I actually was depressed though, I'd get them constantly-- got worse at night. Some nights were better than others, and some nights were much worse. Depression only happened to me once however just for some years. I was able to get out of it though.

Nevertheless, I find having occasional sad thoughts as normal. Everyone becomes sad from time to time but most snap back to just fine. It's when the sadness is constant and you feel unable to be happy where you start to have a problem.

Most Helpful Girl

• Eh, it's more often than I'd like to admit, but I can't put a number on it. Sometimes, it seems like a week long span of depression. Other times, it's just once a month or so. It hasn't been really bad for a few months, though, thankfully.

What Guys Said 26

• like everyday

• But Bert you solve so many crimes

• @Twolips Bertie rides ponies on Girlsaskguys!.. I am sure he didn't solved a crime this month
      . And FBI has lot of opened case Files..
      But we like him here!.. If not providing services to FBI.. He is quite a social worker...

• Sometimes when I over work and have a ton of stuff on my plate I might down in the dumps and have a hard time getting out of a funk. Other than that I'm pretty laid back.

• Not since my... attempt around 7 years ago after that day I made a promise to myself to never be like that again and never let it control me or eat away at me like it used to.

• I wouldn't have even guessed

You sound like the most positive person around

You really have come out of it then

• @HookingSwan Yeah that's because I keep it to myself except when it comes to questions relating to depression or suicide. Otherwise I never speak of that time, and well I try to be, it's defiantly not easy especially in this world, indeed I have.

• I would say a few times a year. I'm not super depressive, but I do get depressed from time to time.

• Pretty much only when sad stuff happens, like running out of Mountain Dew. That makes my brain vibrate.

• Let's say that a few times a year I have this feeling like "it's time to relax for a few days". Usually some good hikes in nature and leaving your worries behind for a week or so, helps a lot :D

• i used to be happy all the time and almost nothing could change that but as of this year its rare where i go a full day happy haha and i hate it because its not me at all, but im moving back to the town where all my friends are so hopefully that helps :)

• I guess every day.

• like... depressed for real and over a couple of days or longer... maybe a couple of times a year.

if we count in things like laying in bed and thinking too much about certain stuff which gets you in a depressive mood... way too often

• I enjoy my life. Even the overwhelmingly powerful feeling of sadness. Even the pain. Even the feelings of inadequacy. It's just all part of it. None of it is wrong. None of it is bad. Existence persists indefinitely. I revel in my time as a person.

• I'm not suicidal anymore. There is THAT... :D

• Differs week to week, some days it can be depressed moods all week, other weeks i could only have the depressive blues for an hour

• Never in my life have I ever been happy for any longer than a few hours. I'm like a potted plant, I just exist. Lol

• Meh, sometimes. It's usually just stress. But I usually can deal! I'm pretty positivo!

• It varies greatly. Sometimes a few times a month, sometimes a few times a day. Lately a lot of my friends/family have been passing away so it's been pretty frequent.

• Never unless something goes sour in life.

FEEL BETTER NICHOLE, I LOVE YOU 😘

• every month sometimes more than twice a month

• Like depressing thoughts or just being in a state of depression? Cuz thoughts I get them all the time. Being flat out laid out depressed is a rarity though

• Like once a month🙂😔

• Everyday 😒

• Once a week. My 2 crushes keep telling me how they like other guys and they both seem all happy about it. Can you imagine? Just wanting a girl to love you and both of them keep telling you how they love this other guy? They're the only 2 girls who actually like the same thing that I like! the only ones!

• Always...

• I've been in and out of it for a long time
    today's my ex's bday so its a sad day to remember

i get hard depression every once in a while maybe once a month?

• There isn't a second when I'm not depressed. Loneliness is torture.

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 13

• I'm never depressed, normally I'm just sleep deprived. :(

• i really thought about it and i get "depressed" a few times a year for a few days. those days where you get up and you just don't feel good enough but most of the time i'm content or just plain happy :D

• when am I not depressed its just a matter of how bad is it today and am I even going to bother getting up let alone do anything

• Probably like once week. But I suffer from horrible mood swings daily.

• I don't "get depressed", I have MDD. It's just that some days are easier to get through than others.

• Used to be everyday, though now I just feel more lonely than anything. Not necessarily happy or sad tbh.

• D. I'm the reincarnation of Edgar Allan Poe.

• it dpends

• Feeling sad? Or really being depressed? Cause we need an everyday option if that's what you mean.

• Everyday 😳

• a lot

• A day here or there each month. Its been a few weeks of just a down mood which is way unusual lately. But then again I've pretty much cried myself to sleep almost everynight for years so maybe its catching up to me I don't know.. I've always been perfectly fine during the day.. so I don't know. But Most would never guess unless i told them.

• I believe I have an extreme version of chronic depression that's undiagnosed... ay regular day is barely waking up after a night full of nightmares and scary noises, then I wake up and feel tired and that I wished I didn't exist. After that I slowly get ready for school after laying in bed awake trying to motivate myself to get out of bed that morning. After that I go sit on the couch and think that life is pointless and we shouldn't even exist... But after wallowing in my own self pity for half an hour I go take a lonnnnng hot shower which is so hot it is painful because that's my way of not cutting myself anymore is to use really hot water to wash myself. After that I get dressed in like three different outfits and almost cry because I hate the way I look and all my clothes make me look even fatter (I am really fat) so I end up just wearing a baggy sweater and skinny jeans. No one at my school has ever seen me dress nice because I'm too self conscious about my body and wish I didn't have my disgusting and horrible body. I then try to put on makeup, but end up taking it off because I worry that everyone will know and will think I'm fake, or think I look better with it on, I do not know what's worse. Then i spend my school day putting on that pretty little fake smile and cute and happy voice when all that's going on inside my head is that I wish the ceiling fan would fall on my head right now or if there was a school fire and I could hide in the bathroom and die from smoke inhalation... You see, I'm kinda suicidal, but I'd never kill myself. I just wish some accident would happen where I'd die. Then I get all my schoolwork done and get fake praises from my teacher about how "smart" I am. I then go home, take a lonnnnng nap, wake up from my nap then cry because I can't take this anymore, then eat leftover supper and go to sleep. And that is my average day. Some days I'm even worse, and I rarely have any good days anymore. I just wish I could stop being so depressed and I really hope I don't one day snap and kill myself because I feel like I easily could end up being an extreme danger to myself...