Me and my girlfriend are moving into a new home and I'm worried that someone might come in and try to hurt us, should I get a machete and a BB gun?

I'm 5'4 and my girl is 4'8. I'm afraid someone might see that were both small and try to hurt us in the middle of the night. I always carry a taser gun with me when I out of the house because it has to compensate for my lack of height. For this new home, I already am getting a home security system.

• You don't need a weapon just call 911 if anything bad happens
  • You need weapons because you guys are the best targets and police might not make it on time
More advice 😱
Any first thoughts on this?

Most Helpful Girl

• call 911 and get a taser for both of you and pepper spray

What Girls Said 7

• BB gun really? That's not going to do anything. Get a real gun if you're afraid as you say you really are.

• What backwoods wasteland do you live in that targets short people? Why do you want to stay there so badly?

• I live in Los Angeles and I watch the news. It makes me paranoid.

• No, not the ghetto. But I looked up that the area did have a lot of robberies.

• Robberies are not usually that premeditated.

• Definitely the BB gun. 2 short people and a BB gun... no one gun fuck witchu.

• I don't understand the American mentality of being armed with guns and all for the sake of protecting their property when at the end they will end up killing an innocent or even their family members. If you don't feel safe move somewhere else then.

• I can't take this question seriously.

• Get a better troll question

• if your that afraid buy a real gun

What Guys Said 18

• A machete is a nasty weapon, and a bb gun won't do crap.
    But my advise to you is to do what it takes to make you and your lady feel safe.

A can of pepper spray, the foam kind not aerosol. And a full projectile Tazer type electrical weapon, should do you both just fine.

• A BB gun! Seriously?
    If you shoot someone the aim should be to kill them, not make them angry.
    My preferred indoor weapon is a Colt 1911 in.45ACP.
    .45ACP has little recoil (therefore little muzzle rise between shots), is a man killer, but will not go through several walls and kill some poor bugger on the other side of the street. It delivers twice the energy (aka kill power) of 9mm, which is not a man killer. I was compelled to use 9mm by the Australian Army. The Browning pistol was only slightly more effective than throwing the bullet at the target.
    I would also encourage both of you to become dedicated students of traditional karate (not typical US sport karate).
    Firearms are useful tools, but if you cannot defend yourself and kill with your hands/feet you are only half prepared.

• Mossberg 590A1

• A BB gun won't do fucking jack.
    A real gun would be better

• HAHAHAH you always carry a tazer with you, dude do you live in Detroit cos I'm also 5'4 and everyone's fine with me.

• No I don't live there. Sometimes big guys mess with little guys and I can't always predict when it could happen.

• Make sure you have good locks and bolts.

• For home protection get yourself a shot gun using Double buck shot

• BB gun? Good luck with that.

• If u need to, get trained to properly use a handgun and go purchase yourself one.

• Surely a rocket launcher would give you greater peace of mind?

Or a detachment of Navy SEALs guarding your house?

• Naw, you need a cap gun, d00d.

• Lmao... bb gun...
    Get a real gun.

• keep a knife under the pillow while you sleep or a gun either one is fine

• That seems like a very irrational fear. If you need a gun, get a gun.

• I don't want to kill someone though

• Well, then stop being so afraid of everything. Everything will die eventually, just accept that and quit being afraid.

• Then you ate going to die. Your choice. Killing criminals is pest control.

• Just get hard hair spikes so we dont trample you

• What's that supposed to mean?

• I have a short temper too lol. But I'm glad you were kidding. Well eight inches isn't that bad. People think we're a really cute couple. Yeah I love her cause she's so cute.
      I'll just practice with the gun first. But I'm not that crazy to use it in an argument.

• When ur mind is heated up. There is no limit to how crazy it can get

• Machete sucks, for many reasons. A bowie knife is much better. And don't use your height as an excuse. My indonesian martial arts teacher was possibly shorter than you, and big men couldn't stay standing against him, and that was bare handed. Get a knife and don't walk like you are weak.

• hahahah poor guy being so short

• But at least it makes me cuter, right?

• Get a.22 hand gun.
    It would be scary enough to make any would be attacker flee and it has enough power to seriously hurt someone if need be. Plus, the ammo is cheap so its easy to go to a range and shoot targets for a day.
    Just makes sure you know when to use it and when not to. Also, make sure you let your wife know about it so you dont accidentally shoot her one night.
    Either way, a.22 can kill someone, but you would seriously have to try. A.22 is, like one step up from a pellet gun. It has enough force to puncture the flesh and hurt like a bitch, but you would have to shoot someone repeatedly in the face or other vital area to kill them.

If not, a good baseball bat or hammer should do. A machete may not be the best, blunt force does the most damage and is easiest to wield and not cause self-injury.