What Do You Think About Harriet Tubman on the $20?

Just wondering everyone's thoughts on the subject. It won't be happening for years, but some people aren't happy because it'll cost a lot of money to do. Others think it's awesome because... Harriet Tubman is awesome.

• Awesome Idea
  • Horrible Idea
  • Should be someone besides her

Most Helpful Guy

• I kinda like having ole Andy there, simply cuz he fought hard against implementing the Central Banking System. Harriet was quite a gal though. How 'bout we put her on the hoods of all American-made automobiles?

• Don't you think it's ironic to have a man who fought against central banking on a federal reserve note?

I mean I was shocked they'd choosers remove Alex before him for a bit there.

• Right but on a FEDERAL RESERVE NOTE? I think he's rolling in his grave!

• Hahahaha! The irony IS s beautiful thing. But, if Andy should somehow rise up and object, I'd have to remind him that when we lie with dogs we stand the chance of getting fleas! ; - )

Most Helpful Girl

• It's about time for influential and historically significant women to be represented your cultural identity.

• Susan B Anthony had her own coin , perhaps you didn't know that

• Seriously, why do people seem to think that a single obscure example somehow makes up for the otherwise pretty complete lack of representation in an area? Fucking baffling.

• @cipher42 I know, right?

What Guys Said 21

• I'm not fond of the idea of spending money just in order to change the face of a bill. I'm not a big believer that the government should be involved in trying to represent people equally and cultivate social justice. That's something individual people can do with their own time and money.

Then again, I don't have very strong feelings one way or the other about the issue itself. On principle I'd rather money be spent elsewhere (or not be spent), but now that it's happening, I don't care much.

• If we are going to make changes to the currency then I'd prefer we just not use faces at all.

• Well Andrew Jackson is the president I look up to most so I'm disappointed.

• I think it would be better if they just did, like 1/2 and 1/2. I dont think we should be going around and booting people off the currency.

• I dig the diversity

• I don't really care, the money of the government is dirty and stolen and it's not honorable or important to be on it. #TaxationIsTheft

• She just as important as the guy on the 20 . she American she is this country. sheore important than Obama

• it's a great idea, but i gave my 2¢ on it. people like to complain about anything...

• I think you are the third person to ask this and the 1/5 of my patience gone

• I don't agree with replacing Jackson.

• I think it's annoying. Changing our currency just to make the feminists happy.

• Since when is that what this is about? And honestly why exactly is wrong with not having our currency feature exclusively white men? I honestly think it's ridiculous how much y'all whine about such minor issues. "Boo hoo, someone other than me is being given attention." Seriously, get over yourself.

• @cipher42 The change is being made because a feminist group made a big deal about women not being on the bill so he isn't wrong. But I do agree with you. It seems whenever the majority of any issue has to make a slight change, they whine and complain about it.

• I'm upset because I have to pay for it with my tax dollars.

• Mad random, but I guess it's cool.

• Can we just NOT have faces on the bills?

• I really don't care what they do to any bill.

• Don't care

• It will be the only legal form of Black Money.

• I like the idea of having a real Republican on the bill

• Very bad idea. If it goes through, my wallet will never contain a $20 bill ever again.

• Nobody uses paper money anymore, they'll just be collectibles in a few years. Like Franklin mint.

• Better than Andrew Jackson. That's all.

• not gonna happen

What Girls Said 10

• I am so sick of this question.

• I honestly don't care. Either way we have a dead person's face plastered onto the paper that we trade for stuff.

• I am fine with it. If anyone is against the new $20 bill and refuses to use any they receive, please feel free to send them to me.

• Much ado about nothing! What is the big deal?

• I think 50¢ should be on the new 20 YOLO and Nicholas Cage on the $100

• I don't care it's just money
    If they put a Native American on the $20 bill people would not even make this a big deal

• They definitely would still make it a big deal, possibly an even bigger one. Any change in currency would definitely make the news, and a change with a specific social message in mind even more so.

• I really don't see anything wrong with it I think its a great idea

• But why the 20$ bill?

• Harriet Tubman is the shit though like for real- goals

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more