How can I learn to accept that my life will always suck?

I'm a person who knows what I want in life and I've been working really hard to make it happen. But it's like everything is against me always. As soon as I get close to reaching a goal/dream or when something good is about to happen then something bad will happen that ruins everything. Everytime, without fail, when things start to look promising and I start to really hope that finally I will have something good in my life, then it's like someone goes "Nope, you can't be happy. I must ruin everything for you now again". I know it sounds so stupid but I feel like I'm a Sims character that someone cruel is playing. Someone who loves to see me work hard for what I want and still receive nothing and who loves to see me get my hopes up and then destroy me with disappointment.

I'm done with it now. I've given up. I can't take the disappointment and sorrow that follows so many of the bad things that happen. I realize that I will never reach any of my goals and dreams, no matter what I do. The only thing I need help with is how to learn to accept that my life will suck and there's nothing I can do about it. How can I learn to accept it and live with it? How do I motivate myself to do anything at all when I feel like it's all for nothing because I'll never be happy anyway.

Most Helpful Guy

• well i know how you feel. I often go through the same thing... where ill have everything set up well, and then something happens which challenges my setup and forces me to start over. Thing is, this is normal. It's not something that is happening to you and you alone. What you're going through is just life testing your resolve. You need to stay in the game. By staying in the game, you give life the middle finger. You could be right on the cusp of getting just what you want, but you're succumbing to lifes struggles. A great quote i like to remember comes from Bruce Lee. He said, "Don't pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one" I think that's the way you've got to take things

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 14

• I knkw exactly how you feel. I think you ha e to find something that interests you, a hobby that will bring you some enjoyment. That's what I did, I am still scared of it, and I keep sxrewing it up, but I think within a week or so I will be able to get started, and maybe one day Mae money off it, but probably not. We'll see

• honestly i feel like you most of the times, since im a dyslexic i failed at soo many things that i can't even remember, i would just say to you that hold on. and have some hope. life gets much worst.

• If your a greedy person then even if you inherit the earth you'll still want more. A life lived for yourself is a waste. Let other people's welfare be your motivation instead of personal gain and you'll get somewhere. The world doesn't reward selfish people. Besides your chasing shadows in this world. Nobody gets ahead in this world without the help of someone who already is. Hard work benefitting is just an illusion. It's a rigged game designed to benefit a select few. If you can help those select people and their subsidiaries then you'll get ahead. If not you'll hit the fabled glass ceiling

• Love.. Every person is destined for something if you try to achieve something big that will change your destiny then you won't get it...
    Is you judge ability of fish by how good is it at climbing trees.. It's impossible? Pick your race and then set small target and chase it while you have a lead

• It may help if you change that thought process.. just make do the best you can.. you are no more down and out for the count then anyone else is

• I know how you feel. I constantly feel the same, but you also have to tell yourself that you will achieve those goals and that you need to try harder next time. I find it best to find a motivator, for me, it's having kids in the next two years. That's what keeps me pushing through the failures and setbacks.

• Start by growing the fuck up. Life isn't easy, never has been. The people that are successful are the people who get back up when life leaves them bloodied and bruised.

• well i have a pretty hard life asswell i am sad a lot but hey i learn to let it pass.. www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1950276-i-need-help-on-how-im-going-to-get-fit-please-help thats whats happening so far and also im gay and my mum won't get past the fact that i am and she has to learn to accept that i like guys

• You can't give up. You got one life, live it to the fullest. Let your confidence take over. Everyone has bad days, but there are more good days than bad days. You can do anything you set your mind to.

• Why so sure? No fuck up in life is a permanent defeat if you have the courage to try again. No unending streak of bad luck can keep you from living your dreams, as long as you are tenacious

• I don't have that attitude. My attitude is that life is life. It doesn't suck nor is it perfect. It just is.

Except that things can get better, but don't expect the sun, the moon and the stars. That probably won't happen.

• life sucks, you need to get on with it like i do every damn day

• You don't have to take everything persnoal.. just ignore

• what you keep doing wrong is searching happiness in things. hapiness shoul be an inner condition thats constant in the person no matter the good or bad external circumstances. only the grace of God can achieve that in my experiene. constant inner prayer gives you true life.

What Girls Said 0