Have you ever done something with good intentions only for it to go horribly wrong?

It's too long to go into details but it started out as me trying to fix a mistake I thought I might have made (that it turns out I actually didn't make). The more I tried, the more I ended up making things worse. I had good intentions but it turned into a sort of self-fulfilling prophecy and I really regret it all now lol. Have you ever done something like that?

Most Helpful Guy

• I like to do things and fuss over people (of both genders) to make them feel special.

But as a man, when you fuss over women people read into it, want to see things that aren't there. And worse, selfish mean people can only think of selfish mean reasons why you would fuss over some one. Then they talk and spread their mean selfish crap to others and suddenly you pick a flower in the parking lot for a coworker, and the next week you're in the bosses office getting dressed down for fraternizing.

• :( Yeah my situation was similar in a way. I tried to 'fix' things and show I cared but it wasn't perceived in a good way. What you said about the selfish people thing, it reminds me of a quote by Mother Teresa I think. It's something like:

If you are kind, people will accuse you of selfish motives. Be kind anyway

• What a wonderful quote! And you know, that happened four years ago, and to this day, I still love to fuss over people.

Most Helpful Girl

• always.. it makes me tired of trying to do the right thing. but then again i know if i dont try i will always feel bad for never trying. the say the beauty of your intention is between you and your creator, as long as we have good intentions i think karma will give us good feedback in the future

• I understand! I regret even bothering trying to 'fix' things lol. But yeah at least our hearts were in the right place xx

• exactly. that's what i tell myself whenever things go wrong, and it cheered me up a bit:)

What Guys Said 2

• yeah i think so,

• I guess i know who you are anonymous :p On topic: Yeah, more than i can count.

What Girls Said 3

• My best friend has a crush on me, but I didn't return the feelings. I found out about another crush he had and arranged a date for them, turns out they had already dated and she cheated on him... Woops

• Ohhh😣 What happened after that?

• He was pissed. He left as soon as she sat down and didn't talk to me for a week. We worked it out though, and I apologized about 50 times.

• That's good! I hope he understood that you meant well xx

• Yes. That happened to me a couple of weeks ago. Someone blamed me for something I didn't do and the more I tried to prove it, the worse it got. He wasn't having any of it. Sometimes, honest feeling and bad timing make a painful experience.

• 😢 Hope everything will be OK and the truth will eventually win!!

• I totally get you!!! It is really sad but I guess there's nothing we can do about it other than try to move on :(

• And that's the part which hurts but if something is meant to be, it will always find its way. It also tells us that there is something better waiting for us in our lives. So always have hope! :) Look up. Your past is gone. You're not the same person as you were yesterday. Things happen, people change, the same time or moment doesn't come again so live for now. Don't waste it! Carpe diem

• All the dang time. Now I just let stuff play out on its own.