Should I come out the broom closet yet?

So, like it or not, I'm wiccan. I have been for awhile now, but it's been fairly easy to hide and deny, but lately I came to terms with it and I've really wanted to dive deeper with it. My parent's are fairly open to everything. My dad doesn't believe in organized religion and my mom's christian. They've has always told my sister and I that we could believe and be what we want to be, but I'm not quite sure they'd be happy with what I am. Should I tell them I am or just wait a little while?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• That is awesome that you have supportive parents. Telling them depends on your readiness to do so. Is it that you feel being Wiccan is maybe the one exception and that they will not approve? With your mom being Christian has she given off anything that may suggest she wouldn't approve? Have you ever thought of hypothetically bringing it up. But then again hypothetical questions are kind of obvious who it is abouts, but maybe casually mentioning something about Wicca and getting a feel for how either of your parents feel about it.

• That is a good idea, I might do that. It would be better than just going into because my dad can be quite judgmental against things he doesn't understand. Thank you!

What Guys Said 1

• Your life, your freedom, and no one can stop you. So, yes.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't see the harm in telling them. It sounds like your family would be open to it.