Do you think people should stop recording specific things?

Like if two girls or two boys are getting into a fight and one of them are badly injured, instead of the people getting someone to break it up and calling for help, the people just stand there and record, do you think this should stop?

• Yes, this should stop.
  • No, it shouldn't stop.
  • Meh..
  • I don't know.
  • Don't care (see results)

Most Helpful Guy

• We'd need someone to tape it as evidence but yeah someone should definitely step up and break up the fight when someone's seriously getting hurt. A fisty cuff is one thing but maiming is another.

Tho I don't blame people for standing back. Broke up a few fights before in highschool , one time ended up with all of them going at me at the cafeteria. Would have gone south if the teacher didn't arrive quickly. What you think will happen and what actually happens is often very different.

• Yeah

• That's true and sometimes you can even get falsely blamed for committing a crime you didn't ocmmitt just cause a couple of assholes are bitter for you breaking up a situation and they want to try and take you down with them too its happened to me before.

Most Helpful Girl

• Recording things can actually be really useful. Someone should call the police or interfere if they think it's safe to do so but having a close up video of it could help the police or the hospital after the fight is done.

What Guys Said 14

• I think that in todays society breaking up the fight would probably result in another fight between the recorders and the peace maker... it would be cool if everyone could just be friends though... of we could always just taze both opponents and silently walk away :)

• I remember this happened last year. Me and a guy in the city started arguing on Friday night. We were ready to fight and this drippy looking wee tit ran up pulling out his phone. Me and the guy stopped and looked at him. The guy said you point that phone at me and I'm gonna ram it down your throat. I was about to say something to the same effect. He got this look on his face like he'd seen a ghost and bolted. Me and the guy and the people gathering all burst out laughing. I ended up shaking hands with him and buying him a pint lol. Turned out to be a sound guy. We were cut from the same cloth. Couldn't back down from a battle. I suppose the idiot trying to film saved us a night in the cells lol

• Common sense does not work for everybody. Of course they should stop but they will not. So there's that.

• The thing is recording is actually good to use it as proof cause sometimes you're put into a situation where the higher level of authority will take the wrong persons words just because they are in a higher level of authority than you or cause you had witnesses stacked against you and those "witnesses" just stood up to the perpetuater's simply just cause they didn't like you or were a bad person.

• 1|1
  • They need to record the cops more to keep them in line they like to beat to many people

• Recording is helping, they are spreading awareness. Ofcourse , if a life is in danger, and they can help they should, but sometimes you can't help.
    Plus if we had your attitude OP, youtube would be a vine-less place !! XD

• Ideally, yes, it would be good to stop a fight. I am not sure if one can since fights can grow really big sometimes, and I understand why some would want to record it, for show, exposure, or evidence.

• Then I wouldn't be able to laugh at the shovel girls of the world!

• yes they should stop and call for help instead.

• Hell Yes, It should be stopped.
    Its offensive.

• eh? it's all in fun.

• Both, record it for the proof, in case it goes to court, and call for help as well.

If you are just one person I guess CALL first then record.

• I never understood why people do this. Help them!! Go and break it up you fools!!

What Girls Said 4

• Heck yes!! I agree that it should be stopped and discouraged.
    Here is a great video about that topic.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO6jKhaYT94

• Yeah definitely.

• Instead of screaming world star, we should probably help people.

• I think this should stop asap, people recording these type of acts and sharing them only promotes violence