Just my luck. I think this girl at my gym thinks I'm stalking her. Help?

So I go to this gym regularly. I probably notice her maybe once a week. Thing is that I switch between 2 gyms in different cities. They are about 7 miles apart. Same gym company though. I go to one more than the other.

So I guessed she noticed me now. So as I saw her yesterday I had one of those pauses "where do I know this person from again?" . That's when she saw me, during the pause. And she quickly turned her head and covered her neck with her hair (girls way of saying "don't bother trying to talk to me")

To make things worse every time I go workout on a machine turns out she's already there workingout nearby.

What can I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• Ignore her. You're at the gym to work out (unless you're actually trying to get with her) so finish that first before worrying about what she thinks. If you just stick to what you do and don't approach her she'll probably get it, or even be curious as to why you HAVEN'T talked to her yet. But if you really feel uncomfortable next time just call her out on it and be like "hey sorry, you've probably noticed me looking at you, I just thought I recognized you from somewhere, do you also go to this other gym?" and then move on.

• Thanks for the advice! I'm there to only workout. I know women go there for that reason as well. I'm not trying to get with anyone.

I also forgot to mention that men here can be a little creepy. So I kinda understand why she'd think I'm a creeper.

I'll probably tell her next time I see her.

• Ya if you really feel any type of way then just take it upon yourself to clear it up, should be fine. Dont worry too much :)

What Girls Said 12

• lol, fate bringing you two together or what? lol. Seriously I hate when thing line up that way unintentionally and it makes for awkwardness. It is actually not unreasonable that you go the same gym but in different location. Plus I'm sure the expression on your face when you saw her showed her you was surprised to see her there. You don't know her and there is no way you could have set that up. Good news, you are not all coming off as stalker, it just an odd fated setup. Don't do anything just ignore her. If she gives off friendly vibes and seems open to chat then of course say hi. But just don't do anything, again ignore her.

• ignore her! Its not a big deal!

• Just assume you go the same gym at the same time and don't make it awkward. if you can reconcile that in your head, your body language won't trigger any adverse reaction from her. But don't be afraid to say hi if your eyes do meet.

• I'd try to avoid saying hi. It might trigger more creepiness. I forgot to mention that men in my area can be a little rapey when it comes to hitting on women.

• No way! Lol. Some guys in my area try to stare at a girl until she gives up her number. It's a bit of an exaggeration but it follows something like that.

Me, I don't bother with women in the gym. They are there for one reason. Working out.

But I see how my pause could have been misinterpreted as "the stare"

• Don't let it get too much into your head. Just be respectful and kind. That's why I prefer a quick hello if our eyes meet. It's somewhat diffusing.

• Nothing. fuck that bitch you're not doing anythign wrong

• So why do you assume she thinks you're stalking her? Anyway, why do you care? its not illegal or anything, Just ignor her

• Lol, change the times you go?

• I don't do that weird neck thing to get guys to go away. lol probably had nothing to do with you.

• It's when a girl rolls her eyes away from you and at the same time swaying her hair (in this case a ponytail) from her back to her shoulder covering her neck. Making it awkward to start a conversation.

• oh, not trying to stereotype, but I guess it's just a while girl thing then

• I dont get it.

She didn't even say anything to you.

She kina sounds stand-off-ish

• Laugh it off :)
    As long as you know it's not true, no big deal, she will get it with time...

• Lol what makes you think she even feels that way, just be cool about it or say hi eventually like you see her sometimes and wanted to say hi... but once a week dude... really? I don't see her thinking this or even 3xs a week. Don't be so hard on yourself maybe she's shy and that's her defense mechanism or w. e Lol

• Well just keep doing what you went there to do, what she thinks about you shouldn't bother you, you obviously aren't doing it on purpose, maybe she's the one stalking you :P

• Watch out, she might try to rape you ;)

What Guys Said 9

• Last time a girl thought i was "stalking" her because we ended up running into each other a lot... and she started talking to people trying to play "victim", the next time i saw her i flipped her off... you know... just to show her "i don't give a fuck, i didn't notice you, you ain't that special"... she stopped running her mouth off after. she couldn't... it was a very public flip off...
    you can't claim to be stalked by someone who doesn't give a shit nor care about you.

• Dam. Thanks for the inspiration. I'll try to tell her first how I just noticed her the other day and how I'm not into her. If it gets to her head then I'll just give her the finger.

• gotta put assholes like that in their place man... i hope it works out. it will make you look like a douchebag but thats better than being labelled a "stalker"...

• don't do anything. like seriously don't even give a fuck. so what if she assumes you're stalking her? let her assume all she wants. you don't have to do anything here, you just keep doing you. who cares what she thinks, she's a fucking stranger.

• She's a hot stranger. And I pride myself on not being a creep. Not like 90% of the male population in my area.

• its so petty it's not worth the effort, just my opinion. do as you will.

• Well, it's this one time thing. Any more and I'll say "fuck it"

• Don't try to pick up girls at the gym. If they approach you its fine, but just go about your business otherwise.

• I do. That's a rule I have. I don't flirt or anything with girls at the gym. I understand that the pretty ones get enough of it as it is. I just mind my own business.

• Sounds like she's stalking you (Cue creepy overly attached girlfriend music)
    Just ignore her, and do your thing.

• She's not worth considering a thought to. Don't mind her.

• Say Hi and keep going

• just introduce yourself already.

• Who gives a fuck?

Just don't talk to her...

Or talk to her...

Who cares?

• Wow at that one girl, That shows why men are better. If it was man saying that, he'd have got so much shit. Bitter women on this site wow