Working in the kitchen in a fast food restaurant, never cooked before?

So I start a job at Five Guys soon and I was offered a job and they said they have a position in the kitchen and I accepted because I need a job. But I've never done anything like it before. Am I screwed?

Most Helpful Girl

• they will teach you everything you need to know. even if you lied on the appolication and said that you have been a cook, theyll still give you on the job training

Most Helpful Guy

• Relax, it's just flipping burgers. You don't need knife, palette, creation or presentation skills in there. The only thing important in there is learning how to time everything to come together at once.

You'll be taught everything you need to know.

What Girls Said 1

• Naw they make cooking in there something even mentally challenged people could do it.

What Guys Said 5

• LOL not really, they will give you training as to how they make their burgers if it's the restaurant I think you are referring to plus the manual you'll receive along with it. It's burgers not a 5 star restaurant.

• i believe they assumed you're capable of learning.

• Theyre gunna train you by the way five guys is the bomb

• No really they train you

• Nope, they'll probably start you off on something easy like dishes...

• That's okay. I know how to do that just fine.