How did you or do you overcome emotional dependency?

Such as you happiness being affected by those you love or simply others.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Snap out of your cocoon and realize there are millions of chick waiting to get pounded by you

What Girls Said 12

• It's a constant struggle to make sure that I don't lose focus of remembering that I have my own needs, while also making an effort to not get too emotionally 'dependent' on one person. Not even my boyfriend.
    I like to think of it as remembering to never put all of your eggs in one basket. :P

• I don't give a fuck about anyone. I am reaally numb and indifferent. I kinda don't feel anything anymore.

• I haven't yet. Im really sensitive to other peoples emotions and my emotions come at me intensely. I've been trying to stop just by having "me-time" such as long baths with candles or a few hours to myself for writing.

• I turned to my hobbies (art, writing, fashion, Wicca)!

• Moving away from home definetely helped in that sense. Trying new things and going to new places by myself was great. I was able to explore and learn more about me, which increased my confidence and the result was emotional independence, so yeah, it's been a good journey :) but of course having people around u is always nice

• Any type of dependency especially emotional revolves around one's own personal insecurities and lack of self-esteem. You start by realizing that the most important person in this world is you. Everything else takes a second place at best. You go on from there

• I was emotionally dependent on this guy for almost a year. then we "broke up" (we never were official but it was a intense relationship of being together constantly 24/7) anyway, when we broke up we stopped talking completely and I was a mess. I turned to writing and painting. so find an outlet and stay distracted. eventually you'll just move on and not even realize you aren't dependent anymore. oh also for some reason traveling and going outside is a big help

• I used to be very dependent on my close friends. But after several times of being let down, I decided to just depend on myself. I'm much happier (but lonelier) now, and I think I'm better off this way.

• I have yet to find out

• Pursuing your own interests and passions

• Isolation. Withdraw from it all, all at once. Find something to consume your time. obssess over any and every opportunity or future goal that comes up. Invest every piece of yourself into what you're doing one thing at a time. Live life tunnel visioned. It works bit understand its miserable. And an addictive way to live.

• you have to hate them it's the only way

What Guys Said 6

• Yoi have to understand that you being happy all on your own is the most important aspect to a person's happiness. You have to do things that make you proud of yourself, sometimes it's good to be your own best friend, depending on others for happiness is a recipe for unhappiness. To answer your question more directly, its all about finding gallons within

• Self confidence plays a role. With emotional dependance you are placing your happiness on others because it is not felt/generated internally. Finding what your passionate about and showing yourself love goes a long way.

• There are better ways to do it than this.
    I withdrew myself for half a friggin decade.
    Gone, almost zero social contact.
    And it wrecks your soul.

• Simple, I just love myself more than I do others.

• i worked inwardley to progress and will my self through action and self determination to become a stronger version of my self :)

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more