What does a Gut feeling feel like?

When you think about it you just feel it in your gut? Where in your gut do you feel it?

and are you sure it's never wrong like people claim?

Most Helpful Girl

• A gut feeling feels almost like your subconscious, or an small voice/inkling in your head where you feel something must be done a certain way 'just because'.

Sometimes, having had a gut feeling is noticed only in hindsight. Hence the saying 'hindsight 20/20'. Other times, you're able to catch onto it before the fact, if you're not already too enveloped in others factors that may distract you from following your guy instinct.

It's usually right, to some degree. Sometimes it may go wrong, though that could be due to situations changing around, or information that you were not aware of at the time.

• I can attest to this. There were very few times in my life when I had them, and when I chose wrong I knew it. It is not just a wrong answer on a test; it has serious life-changing repercussions.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's like a instinct to do or avoid doing something. It's hard to explain, but you feel like a certain course of action is either absolutely necessary or should not be done. It's like when you go somewhere and you just don't feel comfortable being there, your gut is telling you to leave.

What Girls Said 12

• If I listen to my gut feeling I would have jump off a building. So I never listen to it. It kinda sit there's and nag! All I know is if I don't feel comfortable doing something I won't do it.

• A constant feeling you get in the bottom pit of your stomach. It doesn't feel like a stomach ache or cramps (not a painful feeling at all). It feels like a light knead from a cat, kneading your stomach. Just enough to get your attention and be aware of it's presence.

• Lol oh thats what that kitty act is called? I just called it the kitty massage :p

• haha cat massage? Nah it's a feeling you'll know it's there and it's not a good one lol

• It almost feels like a pull, or a calling to do something (or not to do something). I actually can feel it in the put of my stomach.

• It's like a nagging feeling that gets stronger the more you ignore it. Most times it makes me uneasy. It's like a drop in the bottom of your stomach.

• Like Gas 💨🌪

• The gut feeling is often wrong and often right, I would say it's 50/50.

• It's like a nagging feeling you get that you should do what that inner feeling is telling you.

• it's the feeling of doubt, it's never wrong because it shouldn't be there unless the situation is shady/unreliable.

• for me it is a tightening in the gut and a tingly feeling over my body most of the time it is never wrong but it occasionally is just there to be a warning to be cautious

• it s just a 6th sense.
    and yea you can be wrong.

• 50/50 buddy. But usually my gut feeling is right? 😜

• I forgot lol..

What Guys Said 11

• It's a hard thing to put into words, but I think this passage from Kafka On the Shore beautifully illustrates an aspect of it:

“Sometimes fate is like a small sandstorm that keeps changing directions. You change direction but the sandstorm chases you. You turn again, but the storm adjusts. Over and over you play this out, like some ominous dance with death just before dawn. Why? Because this storm isn't something that blew in from far away, something that has nothing to do with you. This storm is you. Something inside of you. So all you can do is give in to it, step right inside the storm, closing your eyes and plugging up your ears so the sand doesn't get in, and walk through it, step by step. There's no sun there, no moon, no direction, no sense of time. Just fine white sand swirling up into the sky like pulverized bones. That's the kind of sandstorm you need to imagine.

An you really will have to make it through that violent, metaphysical, symbolic storm. No matter how metaphysical or symbolic it might be, make no mistake about it: it will cut through flesh like a thousand razor blades. People will bleed there, and you will bleed too. Hot, red blood. You'll catch that blood in your hands, your own blood and the blood of others.

And once the storm is over you won't remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won't even be sure, in fact, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm you won't be the same person who walked in. That's what this storm's all about.”

Ah, this reminds me of why I should read more novels :)

• I think it's an impulsive feeling as to what is right and wrong in that situation, but there are high chances of gut feelings being wrong.

• It's intuition, instict of sorts its a sense of knowing that you shouldn't or shouldn't do something.

• a gut feeling is just intuition. whatever the 1st thing you think of doing or your 1st choice in that moment is your gut.

• Mentally adding 1 +1 and expecting 2.

• Just your intuition, based on prior experience in my opinion

• It's like "butt plug" you look at the two words and you know what it's supposed to do, otherwise I can't help you because words are all I have...

• It's an instinctive feeling.

• It's knowing without evidence. Like where an ambush is. You just know. It's a cold feeling

• for me its like a sith sense more a mental feeling telling you something is wrong

• A gut feeling is never anything physical... it's just like something you instantly know without any doubt - just like love at first sight, you'll know it when you experience it