Why do women laugh when men demand equal rights too?

Most Helpful Guy

• In western countries it is generally because feminism taught those women that men enslaved women, while taking care of all of the unfairness to our own gender, even though that isn't even close to being historically accurate. They can't accept that gender roles was often very unfair to men, in order to help or protect women, often giving women many advantages over men. Therefore these women think only women have problems that need to be fought for.

Just look at the women that are saying things like "Men have always had more rights" They are completely ignoring that those rights were tied to the responsibilities forced on men whether he wanted them or not. In the countries where men did not have as many responsibilities forced on them, the women often had less protection, and more rights. It is just a matter of how power and responsibility has to be balanced. This is why these women will use women not being able to join the army as an example of proof of women being treated worse, but don't think it is sexist to force a man into war against his will based solely on his gender. In their minds, it is only sexist if something bad is happening to a woman.

This is why men that support gender equality are often against feminism. It has not only not fought for men's issues, but actually created an environment that makes it harder for men's issues to be taken seriously. Instead we are seen as always being the aggressors, and that women are always the victims. Even just listening to some of the women that have already responded shows this attitude to be a very real problem.

In non western countries There is also the problem of past gender stereotypes of women being weak and needing help actually making it so that people take women's concerns more seriously. Men being stuck in the gender stereotype of being strong and independent are still expected to just shoulder whatever life throws at us, or else we are viewed as failing as men. As a result anytime a guy asks for help women often laugh at him for being such a pathetic example of what she thinks a "real man" is suppose to be.

Most Helpful Girl

• Crazy feminists. I actually think women have it easier and are more privelleged than men these days.

• I agree with you and this is why I can't take anything a feminists says seriously anymore because most of them lie and are not for equal rights at all. I agree women do have it more easy and are more privelleged than men these days. Did you ever see the book "Men on Strike by Helen Smith."

Helen Smith talks about the problem with feminists and men are missing so many rights these days.

What Guys Said 17

• Because the women that do this are sexist. They can't accept men are also missing things in society. They want the focus only one women and never on men. I have no time for sexist women that laugh when men demand equal rights to. To me women that do this are immature and need to grow up.

• Well because some women feel that the struggle for woman's rights is greater than the demand for sexual equality and in turn feel that women's right are more important. In my opinion women and men should have the same and or equivalent rights. I say equivilant because there are certain issues that pertain directly with sexual organs so in that there are obvious difference but policy's should be in place to at least make things as equil as possible. The issue is that people both men and women like to argue more than seek similar understanding an common ground so in that in all efforts to grow as a people and find simple human equality becomes extremely challenging. In other words if people just stopped arguing and tried to work thing out instead we'd be better off as a whole.

• They dont believe men have any disadvantages. Acording to feminism, men are agents and women are objects that are acted upon. They are victims of male opression and all of their struggles are a result of that male opression.

• It is a belief that men have all of the privileges and that women are just trying to catch up. So any idea that men need equality is contrary to that dialog. It's routed in the feminist concept of "patriarchy" and one that they hold so dear that any attack on that is intentionally dismissed.

• I think it s because they feel we already have and make the rules to those rights.

To laugh at a man, is no better than a man laughing at a woman, if we are talking equality then it is wrong for either side to laugh at each other.

My opinion has always been, there is nothing stopping anyone, man or women, if you want something get off your ass and take it!

If some dumbass prevents you from attaining what you want, then you bypass them. If a guy boss holds you back then report him, if he is the judge and jury (owner), the quit and open your own business and crush his nuts into dust, don't pout about it. This whole rights thing is all about entitlement for lazy people.

Obviously the above pertains to western civilization, in other countries it is shitty when men don't allow women to fully be themselves and forcefully hold them back. Please do not get me started... I have no respect for any person that uses fear to create a lamb-type society.

• They normally believe men either already have equal rights or have more rights than women so men demanding equality is silly.

• The ones who laugh clearly don't understand that we also have issues just because we are men the same way they have some issues just because they are women.

• Only sexist women do that. I laugh at their stupidity. Poor losers have such a sad life they have to hate on men. I'll put them and the misogynists in the same house, add some cameras, and televise it.
    Big Brother vs Big Sister.

• Because equality is a big joke to them... They just want to get more power for themselves like any special interest group... Feminist, military industrial complex, animal rights advocates, oil lobbyists, wall street, etc. are all playing the same game... Take as much power as you can and give nothing back.

• The women that do this are not truly out for equal rights, they are likely radfem and there are very few women that are like this.

• My women don't, but I don't demand anything.
    I take, I command, I do. I AM MAN!!!

• men don't lack rights.

• They're trying to pretend to understand jokes.

• because we live in a matriarchy. from the dawn of humankind. but mgtow gives us our own voice... .

• Those women don't want gender equality, they just want to rule over men

• Because women's definition of "equal rights" is having more special priveleges.

• kid, get what you want from women and get out.

my buddy saved and built a buisness for 9 years... his girlfriend broke up with him and took half of his money when she doesn't deserve it and she didn't have to steal it.

women change and become a stranger when they change on you completely different from who you knew.

What Girls Said 6

• If you look into history you will see that men always had more rights and women have been fighting for hundreds of years to play a game of catch up m
    It's like asking why are blacks fighting for rights? We know they've been looked at as inferior , and all of the turmoil they've been through.

• But now it seems like women have more rights than men. in the US at least

• Which women? Because I've never seen them do that? Not saying they don't exist, just that it isn't common enough for you to say "why do women" instead of some women.

And sexism, obviously.

• Because they choose to be blind in one eye.

• Um I don't know about you but I don't laugh. :/ Why is it funny to have gender equality?

• Because men have always had rights. A certain group of People who have always had freedom/rights can't demand rights/freedom when the other group of people used to not even be seen as human, like, women/"minorities" etc...

Men are just doing it because they feel left out (like babies) and want control. Im no hard core feminist but all this is true.

• It is a bit better in the US and maybe parts or Europe. But untill woman have rights all over the world and men stop oppressing them... men can stop complaining.

• No men can complain... when for instance a man gets raped and they are not taken seriously, or when women make false rape accusations messing up a mans life while when she gets caught hardly suffers any criminal prosecution for it. men can complain about that

• Some people are assholes.