How would you feel if you found out that a couple years ago your son or daughter attempted suicide?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would feel extremely hurt.
    I'd wonder what was so bad in my kid's life that they chose to end it all.
    I'd want to be there for them.
    I'd even set up therapy for them as well.

What Girls Said 10

• I would feel like I wasn't a good parent; as if I did something wrong. I would wonder what was happening that I didn't know about and why he/she would choose to end it all. I would make sure that they didn't have another attempt and I would tell find him/her a therapist to talk to. I would do everything in my power to make sure it doesn't happen again.

• I would feel like I failed them as a parent. I want my kids to feel comfortable coming to me with everything and anything. I also plan on taking my kids to any doctor they want. Mental health is just as serious as physical health. I wish more people understood that.

• I hope that if this ever happened, they'd come and tell me themselves. I suffer with depression and have had suicide attempts/thoughts before so I feel like I would be the person that could understand that better than anyone. But I would feel like I had messed my kid up and was a terrible mother for them being like this.

• meh I knew it.

• That would explain my terrible period cramps.

• Sad and confised. Sad because my child just killed themselves, confused because I would wander what caused us to get separated and probably blame myself.

• Key word: ATTEMPTED

• Again still applies. Sad because my child attempted suicide. Confused because I would wonder what caused us us to get separated.

• I'd feel as though I was a terrible parent and should've done things different by getting them proper help.

• Heartbroken. I would feel like I failed as a parent, because they don't trust me enough to confide in me. I would sit and have a very long talk with them, tell them that they can tell me anything and offer anything I possibly could to help them.

• That would completely tear me apart. As a parent, I want to protect and help my children the best possible way I can with any troubles they face now and in the future. That's why at this young age, I'm always reassuring them that they can always trust me, that I love them unconditionally, and they can come to me for anything. I love my boys so much I hope I never fail them as a mother 😭

• Sad. And I would take the steps to give them the help they need.

What Guys Said 2

• I would feel shattered for being a bad parent, but from that point onwards, I would dedicate myself more towards my kids' well-being

• Astonished! I didn't know I had kids.