Do you think it's weird if a girl likes to go fishing?

Yes, I like fishing. I always wanted to go and when I mentioned it to my Father, my brother told me that I was weird. 😱😂😂😂😂😂

Most Helpful Guy

• No way! It's awesome.

I took my ex-girlfriend fishing once. She thought it was going to be boring, until she found out that what we meant by fishing was sticking a rod into the water for hours, leaving it there, and cracking open bottle after bottle of beer and eating beef jerky. She then begged for us to take her fishing whenever we could lol.

For real though, besides the binge drinking/eating, fishing is a fun, relaxing summer activity for people who want to be outdoors but are too lazy to move around :D

Most Helpful Girl

• Not weird at all, I used to go fishing all the time at my families lake. Though I haven't done that in years but I wouldn't mind doing it.

I have a really funny fish story. :D

What Guys Said 32

• That's not weird at all. Fishing can be lots of fun. Ignore your brother on this. There's nothing like having a fish bite your bait and reeling him (or her) in. If your dad goes fishing tell him you really want to go. And if you get to go and catch a fish come back and tell us about it in a myTake. #GirlsWhoFishRock

• And why would it be weird? If you like it and enjoy it, I don't find anything wrong with that. It's just what you like and what you want to do, don't let someone else think or judge you for it otherwise.

• 1|1
  • my sister is the best fisher actually. She has caught some crustaceans that would be impossible with a fishing rod. They always seems to bit her hook first.

We tested it and separated her from the guys and she still caught more fish than 3 of us guys combined. In fact she recently expressed intrest in wanting to go fishing

• No, that's not weird.

• Is it hell. Nothing wrong with a woman enjoying fishing as long as she sits there quiet and doesn't yap all day. Scares the fish. I've never known a lot of women to do it though, mostly coz it's dirty and the stink on your hands from bait and a catch but if she can handle that why not.

• Why would I find that weird? I think fishing is a great way to spend time with a gal and if she loves to fish well that's a major bonus for me because I love fishing to besides it teaches patience and it's a lot of fun.

• Its not weird, its wife material!

• at least it should be easy to find some guy that also likes it and then you will have something in common to do and enjoy the out doors.

• No not at alI think Its great

• Not at all, my girlfriend and daughter love to go fishing. We head out sometimes for the morning and then grab some beach shore and have a fire and lunch. Maybe do some swimming and make a day of it.

• Yes. It is the most weird thing I have ever heard in my entire life. I have never ever heard such a weird thing as a girl who likes to go fishing. Seriously wtf your brother is the one that's weird.

• No I think it is great when women go fishing.. I sure like it when they come with me

• No, my girlfriend likes fishing!

• It's a hobby like any other.

• What weird about it? You cast out your line, rig it to the boat... then sit back, drink beers, and enjoy the good life.

• Not at all.

• not at all

• it's uncommon

• Well you definitely don't see many women fishing enthusiast thats for sure lol

• We hope more girls would enjoy it. Fishing is a great way to bond.

• It's so fun actually :) you must be very patience person :D

• no not weird at all actually pretty cool

• No, it is not weird to go fishing.

• I think its pretty cool you like fishing

• It's not weird.

• its cool. i went fishing with my father

• Not at all I take my wife fishing all the time.

• Not weird

• bonus

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 15

• noooooo!

• No, I don't think it's weird. Do what you like! It's not hurting anyone... but the fish.

• You are not weird Hun its you brother thats weird for thinking that i go fishing with my guy and end up catching more fish than him lol its so relaxing and great to get some fresh air into the lungs. you should go and have a good time

• no, i've never gone fishing but i'd try it and then throw them back in because seafood makes me feel sick

• I think it's weird (and wrong) that anyone "likes" to trick poor fish into getting their little mouths impaled on a nasty sharp hook :(

• https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hzAwU_1JzYI

Anyways... It's normal 😊

• NO. Thats super cool

• I love to fish to. Girls like us are not weird we are gifts.

• Nah, I'm an Islander. I use to go out and still go out with my father :)

• Pretty uncommon/unusual, yes... but definitely not weird at all :)

• Nope.

• No its just a hobby

• I go fishing all the time. I take a week of vacation every year and go to northern Wisconsin and sit in a boat and fish all week.

• No, it's not weird at all

• I like fishing too! it's relaxing