Is it internalised racism if we subconsciously find lighter eyes more attractive?

(I'm not implying that brown eyes are not attractive)

Unless I have the wrong idea what internalised racism is, is it self hatred?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not racist. It's more to do with an innate desire for genetic variation than anything else.

Brown eyes are by far the most prevalent, which makes 'colored' eyes more exotic and thus more desirable.

Personally, I've got green eyes but I've always loved brown and hazel ones.

What Guys Said 12

• Depends who you ask. People with their heads on straight, no... that's just a preference. People who use victimhood (usually someone else's) as currency, absolutely.

• Interesting but sorry can you elaborate? Victimhood as in self hatred or?

• I mean people who try to create a victim where there is none, and then use that as leverage for whatever social change suits them personally.

• In a sense, it really depends on the situation. Racism is not directly linked to a particular action, be it doing something or the lack of... Its more linked to the output one may project towards a person

One could be into light eyes because a distinguishing race carries light eyes on a greater scale. Another could be into light eyes regardless of race

But there is a difference between the two examples

• Nope, it's a preference. Stop feeling guilt over something you're not, you have no reason to fall into that pc bullshit.

• True. People with that preference, where do you believe it comes from to be attracted to light eyes? 100 years ago?

• I'm Australian by the way so there's no such thing as political correctness to us.

• So if a person likes light colored eyes and that makes them a racist does that mean liking brown eyed brunettes mean you're not a racist?

• Internalised racism. God in heaven how do you people sleep at night? They're twisting you're melon with bullshit. No such thing. People just make shit up to support their argument. They're blind to the truth and reason because they hate so much. Ignore all that pish. Like what you like and hate what your hate and give the finger to any clown who tries and tells you you're wrong

• Not at all.

• Acknowledging the self evident, significant and scientifically documented differences between the races is an acknowledgement of reality.
    Miscegenation is contrary to nature and, I believe, a crime against nature, your race and your ancestors.

• No. That's like saying someone who is friends with other races but won't date them as racist.
    As to eye color I read that bright eyes reminds us subconscious of the need to nuture and or protect. I'm not sure about that but I do know babies large cute eyes falls into same report.

• humans naturally like lighter colors and lighter colors are flashy just naturally.

• Internalized racism that's new to me. I doubt there is such a thing. By the way who made that one out

• Um.. since when did *race* have anything to do with eye color?

• nope they are just pretty :) besides not all white people have light eyes ya know

• It's preference, I wouldn't sweat it.

What Girls Said 10

• Well in a lot of places, brown eyes are more common, so I think we naturally do find rarer things cooler, even if the feeling is fleeting. No, I don't think this is internalized racism, I would think it strange if a person with brown eyes only wore say blue contacts, I think it's a little much and weird to not accept something as ingrained as eye color.

• No. Why is everything racism? I like brown eyes (to be fair, that's the color of my boyfriend's eyes) and whatever shade my eyes are (finally learned to love my own eyes) and I don't like blue eyes and hazel eyes as much, they're attractive but I prefer brown and what I think is green. If that makes me racist, well then, a racist I shall be.

• Not at all.
    It's colorism. Hahahaha No... it's fine.

• no, unless you deem brown eyes lesser which you don't. i personally like brown eyes better, and that's not reverse racism..

• It's a preference. Preferences are not racism.

• No. I also think having a racial preference isn't racist. You like what you like and you shouldn't be ashamed of it.

• I wouldn't call it internalised racism, I'd call it internalised western beauty standards

• Naah, it's just a personal preference.

• No... any race can have light eyes. My dad has caramel light brown eyes and so did my grandmother.

• no. it's not.