Do you think it's possible for Meyers Briggs personalities to change over time?

According to the test I took in the past I was an ENFP. Now it has changed to INFP. It's only. been a year since I took my first test. How can it. change like that if it is possible?

@Paris13 @Ginnyweasley97 can you answer this please?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's possible I would do research on the types and with a clear, open mind decide for yourself which type fots you better

• I have a feeling i'm more of an ambivert than E or I what the test shows im 47% Extroverted and 53% Introverted

• Yeah I personally like to go out and be out. But i also like my alone time especially when i'm upset or pissed

• Thanks for MHO

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm an INTJ and have been for some time, usually when you take a test like this it works best to be in a neutral mood, not overly happy or depressed or anxious as these can affect your overall selection of answers while taking the test. Foe you keep in mind that INFP's and ENFP's are so gray area, ENFP's are the most introverted of all the extroverts and INFP's are often very social in terms of sprinting, both personality types need time to recoup after socializing, where INFP can be less social and the ENFP can be thought to be INFP if they are less social or isolated and have been in the house too long. Most people I like are in the F types, ENFP, INFP, and ENFJ, INFJ to be more concise.

• So really ENFPs are like. the introverted extroverts

• Yes according to the description, they do need alone time to renergize much like introverts and according to your scores I would agree you are more like me being the ambivert. I do build businesses so I could be seen as an ENTJ but my score for extroversion is lower so I'm classified as an introvert but I still enjoy people just only so much before I get stressed I take time to myself where as many extroverts will go hang with their friends when stressed.

• Thank you for MHO!! :) A good place you may want to look into is Michaela Chung's blog, Introvert spring, she's an INFP and is very insightful.

What Girls Said 6

• Not many people are either strictly an extrovert or an introvert, it's more based off of what you learn towards both more heavily but also more frequently. I'm 90% an introvert but I do get some energy or feel refreshed after hanging out with people some times. Not all the time, but definitely sometimes. That changes for me from time to time and can change for you. I think the time and place you are in your life affects it as well.

• yeah mines changed too, opposite of yours. used to be INFP now am an ENFP, it just depends on your answers and how they change. i never was *shy* but i didn't talk as much back in school since i was too occupied with graduating and all. nowadays i'm so much more chatty and have more friends since i have the time for it.

• I would tend to go with @ChaosKilledTheDinos, @smahala1991 This Sounds the Most Logical.
    Like anything in life, even on Gag, so many things can change With Out a Minute's Notice.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• Dude, none of that shit is conclusive. You're answering questions about yourself based on your own perceptions of YOU which can all change with time or mood or whatever. If other people took the test and answered it for you based on their perceptions of you, chances are you will get a totally different MBTI type. I wouldn't really take this quiz seriously, just as a fun generic personality test

• "You're answering questions about yourself based on your own perceptions of YOU which can all change with time or mood or whatever."

Exactly! If you develop mindset of "I'm social" after making 3-4 friends or going to a party once & then if you give test; you're very likely to get some extroverted personality in result even when you're the very definition of an introvert.

I've seen many bad effects of this test on some of my friends. They've built their personality around the result they got. Descriptions are so vague that they related to XYZ personality type and started behaving like that. "I'm a X type, I do that thing that way." and created fake personality which they believed to be true. They've lost their original personalities behind this fake idea they've got from results of this test. And this shit happens A LOT of people!

• @ResonantGuy lol well, you don't need MBTI because you are an individual. I've never liked personality tests ever. I'm sure your friend will look past it eventually.

• True ^^ I hope so.

• I think for example, you can become mroe thinking vs feeling or vice versa. But I don't think it changes more than that.

I'm INTP and I first took the test in 2009 and it hasn't changed for me

• I did the test couple of times. I got INFJ and later INFP. I got different results because when I first time did the test I was preocupied by university and obligations and had to make plans and ve organised so I got J but I felt I was forsing myself to develop such skills because I am a procrastinator by nature. When I graduated I did the test again and I got INFP wich I think is a bit more accurate. The point is that I think we all have a bit of I-E, S-N, F-T and J -P, just some more some less predominant. So in some life situation a you can use even the side that is not predominant if you have to addapt or feel the need to change something in your life.
    If you got for example 60 percent introvert you might be an ambivert and are just in a phase of life where you need to be alone to recharge your bateries so you can get back to your normal life, or maybe by maturing you realised now that you thrive for quality over quantity in meaning of conversation. I don't think introversion-exrraversion can be changed but more ,, show eventually'' as we grow older.

What Guys Said 5