Why do looks matter?

Why do looks matter?I have a nice personality and I'm a sophomore but these kids all say I'm unattractive but shouldn't personality matter I love to talk and have fun but I guess looks matter more than personality whys that?

Most Helpful Guy

• Personality is important but here's the caveat. A certain percentage of 'personality' is reflected by appearance that projects through facial expressions and overall look. A nice guy doesn't have to be nice to project a soft gentle kind personality, he just has to have eyes that extends that feeling

Most Helpful Girl

• Why looks matter? Because people like to be attracted to their partners. Do you yourself feel open to dating someone you absolutely aren't attracted to? If you're not, I'd say that's hypocritical.

There is NOTHING wrong with wanting to be attracted to your partner as physical intimacy (both with or without sex) is a vital part to most relationships. Yes, personality matters deeply as well, but if you can only appeal to the emotional side of a relationship and not the intimate side, it can create issues.

Also, I don't find you unattractive. You look quite pretty in fact.

• I honestly just want a nice guy it is just all I get is you're too ugly for me

• That's teenage boys for you. Douchey until the end. I was told I was too ugly to date as a teen too. Then a few years later, the same guys who said that suddenly thought otherwise.

Forget those douche nuggets.

• Thanks for the help

What Guys Said 12

• based on your profile pics you are definitely attractive so just try and ignore what the "haters" say

at your age unfortunately most people are looking for looks primary in a relationship. but ultimately personality will win out in the long run

• I would say you are attractive. When i was dating looks made up about 10% of what i was looking for. Keep in mind high school kids are extremely cruel to each other, they probably just want you to feel bad. Dont let them do that to you. you're very pretty and should be proud of it.

• You are a pretty girl pay no attention to haters

• Because for woman you guys looks for stability money power to be dominant. To be a great dad to be nice.

All men look for you to be pretty and agreeable.

Another reason why looks matter because it the first thing you see.

I see for before I see your personality. Hell I smelly you first

• first thing what they can see, then after School.. how that posible, that ugly goose looks so beautifull and happy, life is so unfair to me...

• Men are visual creatures, so of course looks matter. I'd say it's at least 50% of what the average guy wants in a girl.

• to me personality matters more than looks

• Looks matter because that all we have to go off of until getting to know someone. That in addition to evolution. Almost everyone has a certain minimum level of attractiveness their partner will need.

I live by the idea of looks will get my attention, personality will keep it. And hearing/reading a description of a person's personality, no matter how detailed, is never going to accurately portray whether or not you'll get along with someone.

• You look good to me.. Maybe smile a little more sweet thing... :)

• you are not ugly

• Because a guy can't get an erection without being physically attracted to the girl.
    If he can't get an erection, there will be no sex.

• Don't worry about those people.. You look pretty cute

What Girls Said 5

• You're cute! I bet you have a great personality. Don't take the nasty things other people say to heart or you'll end up a bitter lonely cow like me :) personality does matter, you're right but you're still cute!

• It's because you're in high school where about 95% of the population consists of pieces of shit and assholes.

• They only matter if you're trying to create beautiful looking children. That would be the subconscious reason.

• Because humans are shallow beings..

• you don't look inattractive and I think you're way more mature than them coz you understand that personality is really what counts !!